McVeigh Report

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

McVeigh Report

Post by swoodley »

For striking in the melee after Monfries kicked the last goal of the 3rd quarter.

Looked like a jumper punch but certainly seemed to connect and it was right in front of the umpire.

A very dumb piece of work :evil: :evil: :evil:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
stryper
High Draft Pick

Re: McVeigh Report

Post by stryper »

Soft as butter
Should be ok I think
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Looked like his forearm made the connection & only slight. Should beat it if they keep it as a striking charge.
If they change it to some dodgy rough play charge, then anything is possible.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Either way, he's a numbskull and should know better.
Andddd, he should be keen to keep playing each week, having missed so many games already.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Although there wasn't a huge amount in it, he is gone I think. 1-2 weeks.

Absolute stupidity at a stage when we were 50 points up. Does some very stupid things for someone in the leadership group.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Seeing Paddy Ryder got off on a challenge recently, the MRP will charge McVeigh with attempted murder.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Knowing the way the MRP conduct things, they will look to charge him for a grade 38 striking offence...

As stated, was soft as butter, but he did manage to make contact...realistically, should be a reprimand (I don't think Spike has any carry over points...)

Also, I wonder how much the AFL will make out of the mellee? I am sure a few players will cop fines out of all that...

Also, don't be surprised if Prismall cops a fine for 'tripping' the umpire that fell over his own friggin shoelaces... #-o
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

If Albert Tinney QC has anything to do with it - Spike will get life in a Turkish prison.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Very soft but very stupid. Spike should know better than to be sucked in like that.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Crazy report but, as stated, crazy brain explosion from McVeigh who should know better than that.

Leigh Matthews commented that there wasn't enough impact for it to be considered a "strike" and perhaps they'll argue that. It was a glancing "brush" more than anything, with the forearm that barely made contact. A smart defence team would get that thrown out fairly quickly, I'd imagine.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Showed why Spike should never be made club captain... At any sign of push and shove he always gets sucked in. Stupid stuff.

:evil:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Doctor Fish wrote:Showed why Spike should never be made club captain... At any sign of push and shove he always gets sucked in. Stupid stuff.

Took the words out of my mouth. It was beyond moronic, regardless of whether it results in a suspension or not. The game was already won at that point, it did nothing to change the momentum of the game, didn't hurt the opponent. It'd be stupid at any point of the season, but it's especially dumb given that we have to win at least one of the next two matches against good opposition to stay in the finals race.

For my part, i'd say he'll get a week or two.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

defnitely gone i am afraid
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

old spike has a bad record with this sort of stuff too, Prolly cop 2 weeks, and 1 if he takes the early plea. sucks but he is not playing against Carlscum.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Dickhead act of the 1st degree.....and not for the first time.

FFS - we have he scum and the filth in the next 2 and he is too important to our set-up to go missing over stupid acts like this.

He will go for 2.

Nat-rad to return.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Took the angry pills i think last night. They showed him walking off at half time and he kept talking to himself and shaking his head... i think he already knows what he did was stupid.

L-Murray will def come back in next week but unfortunately i think Spike may miss a couple.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

DC wrote:old spike has a bad record with this sort of stuff too, Prolly cop 2 weeks, and 1 if he takes the early plea. sucks but he is not playing against Carlscum.
No he doesn't. He had only a few carry over points which expired in round three.
Early plea might just get him off.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Gone. The first punch I was like phew thats nothing will get off, until the next punch.... what a dick seriously haha! Hope he can get off but i won't hold my breath.
chummy
Top Up Player

Post by chummy »

I agree with Doc, Jimmy, and Hop proved why he will never be the right man to be Captain .Watson on the other hand showed why he is the man for the job .
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:Showed why Spike should never be made club captain... At any sign of push and shove he always gets sucked in. Stupid stuff.

Took the words out of my mouth. It was beyond moronic, regardless of whether it results in a suspension or not. The game was already won at that point, it did nothing to change the momentum of the game, didn't hurt the opponent. It'd be stupid at any point of the season, but it's especially dumb given that we have to win at least one of the next two matches against good opposition to stay in the finals race.

For my part, i'd say he'll get a week or two.
This.