NLM and Slattery YES Slattery IN

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

NLM and Slattery YES Slattery IN

Post by merc_2 »

What is the selection panel thinking? Henry Slattery back in...your kidding me....
This guy is not up to AFL standard....whoever he plays on has a day out.....A selection joke surely!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: NLM and Slattery YES Slattery IN

Post by BenDoolan »

#-o

Show me the figures please.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Slattery should play. Another hard body for what will be a tough game.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

BenDoolan wrote:#-o

No figures required...I go each week and he consistently gets carved up....if he plays on Eddie Betts he will get slaughtered!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

merc_2 wrote:What is the selection panel thinking? Henry Slattery back in...your kidding me....
This guy is not up to AFL standard....whoever he plays on has a day out.....A selection joke surely!
Disagree. Not too many have had a day out on him this year as far as I can remember. His toughness is always welcome IMHO...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

merc_2 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:#-o

No figures required...I go each week and he consistently gets carved up....if he plays on Eddie Betts he will get slaughtered!
No, figures are required. Which players, and how many goals were kicked on him?

I don't mind players copping some whacks, but the same old lines keep coming out about certain blokes and I don't know where it comes from. I go each week also....
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Thinking back to round 3... didint Hank play well on Betts?? We could also try Dempsey on Betts as well it doesnt have to be Slats.

Im glad that Natrat is back in coz we have lost a lot of hardness in McVeigh and McPhee. Interesting to see whether he plays forward or back.

Hurley has been named as emergency... could there bde a late change??
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Thinking back to round 3... didint Hank play well on Betts?? We could also try Dempsey on Betts as well it doesnt have to be Slats.

Im glad that Natrat is back in coz we have lost a lot of hardness in McVeigh and McPhee. Interesting to see whether he plays forward or back.
Correct.

And glad to see Natrat back - I don't particularly rate him (or at least I didn't until this year) but I have been pretty pleased with his performances this season.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeah i hope they play Natrat around the forward 50. With Carlton putting all their attention on players like Lloyd, Lucas, Monfries and Davey he could bob up and kick a bag tonight. He has done it before!!

I hope Reimers flattens some of the carl mids as well. Id love to see him flatten Murphy in particular!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Perfect match up for Betts.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

merc_2 wrote:What is the selection panel thinking? Henry Slattery back in...your kidding me....
Bad luck with that call there.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Slattery was good, NLM was hopelessly inept in the first half but got better in the second half.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

One decent game....he played okay...i admit..but wasnt EDDDIE their leading goalkicker.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

merc_2 wrote:One decent game....he played okay...i admit..but wasnt EDDDIE their leading goalkicker.
He played quite well I thought - and he didn't play on Betts all night, Dempsey had him for a while.
In any case, we thumped them, and Slattery also set up a couple of good forward attacks. Can't possibly complain about his game and he has played well whenever he's played for us this year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Seriously, playing back pocket is a thankless ******* task. No-one ever praises a player doing their job well unless it is a Wanganeen type performance. All everyone ever does is remember an error or a moment where their opponent scores a freak goal and then label them as "crap" or being "beaten".

Case in point was Heath Hocking last week when he played on Bate. Bate took a couple of contested marks against Hocking and some suggested he was "crap" and cannot defend.

:roll:
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I still don't rate Slattery as being in our best 22....he made several crucial mistakes last night and I shudder everytime he gets near the ball.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I thought he was ok last night. Betts has kicked goals against everyone this year.

The three times NLM was beaten in a marking contest in the first half he wasn't watching the ball. If he was watching the ball he probably would have beaten Setanta O'Hack.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote: The three times NLM was beaten in a marking contest in the first half he wasn't watching the ball. If he was watching the ball he probably would have beaten Setanta O'Hack.
Yes, that's true.....although I don't know if he would have beaten him in the contest regardless. There was a massive height difference between them. It was a big task expecting NLM to prevent a player from marking when he is 9cm taller. Although he did well in contested situations later in the game.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote: The three times NLM was beaten in a marking contest in the first half he wasn't watching the ball. If he was watching the ball he probably would have beaten Setanta O'Hack.
Yes, that's true.....although I don't know if he would have beaten him in the contest regardless. There was a massive height difference between them. It was a big task expecting NLM to prevent a player from marking when he is 9cm taller. Although he did well in contested situations later in the game.
He might not have taken the mark but may have been able to bring the ball to ground for our running players who dominated.