Player contracts

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Player contracts

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I was just curious to see which players are out of contract at the end of 2009 and which ones we need to try and sign up asap. Luckily we already have Ryder locked away and i read in the paper a couple of weeks back that Andrew Lovett is close to getting a 2 year deal.

Any players out of contract that seem almost certain to be cut at years end?? I have a feeling Nash and Williams are two in that boat.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Player contracts

Post by Crazyman »

There has to be a few. As I understand, at least 5 players must be dropped from the list annually.

Some obvious ones include Scotty, Fletch & Lloyd who are all on ongoing one year deals cause of their ages...

I would assume that a few rookies are at the end of their time as well...

Other than that I think most players are signed to somewhere between end of 2010 and 2011...
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:I was just curious to see which players are out of contract at the end of 2009 and which ones we need to try and sign up asap. Luckily we already have Ryder locked away and i read in the paper a couple of weeks back that Andrew Lovett is close to getting a 2 year deal.

Any players out of contract that seem almost certain to be cut at years end?? I have a feeling Nash and Williams are two in that boat.

Talking to Tayte on Saturday he is out of contract at the end of this season and is currently in negotiations. Has no intention of leaving and heading back to WA (was an Eagles supporter as a kid). Says we have a great group of young players on the way up and is happy to stay.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Crazy, I'm pretty sure it's 4, not 5 you have to cut.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.