Kepler Needs a Stable Position - Quote the Essendon Web Site

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Kepler Needs a Stable Position - Quote the Essendon Web Site

Post by 2QIK4U »

You have to love some of the stuff on the Essendon web site. This URL is about Kepler needing to find a stable position.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=4917

No shit. There have been heaps of threads on here saying this for months.
Does anybody at Essendon get paid to write this stuff? If so, they are throwing money down the drain. People from this site could find something more worthwile and constructive to write than this.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

When I first read the title of the thread I thought it was inferring that he be locked up with the horses at Flemington.
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

So how exactly does one score 5.11 out of ten? Does the marking really go to the hundredth of a point?
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

No thousands of fans put their vote in out of 10 and then they find the average by dividing the total votes by the number of people who voted.
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

Gatsid wrote:No thousands of fans put their vote in out of 10 and then they find the average by dividing the total votes by the number of people who voted.
I can understand the mathematics of it, just wondered how relevant it was for a simple supporters survey :lol:
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

All you said is how does one score 5.11 out of 10 and I just explained it lol. It's relevent because it shows on averager people rate him just over 5 at of ten. I dunno, does it matter lol ?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Other than the bench, I can't see where Kepler is going to play.

Defence - proved time and time again he doesn't cut the mustard, unless he is playing a spare man in defence in which case he can take a decent mark floating in front of packs. When forced to be accountable, he is all at sea.

Midfield - too slow, no skills.

Forward - already have enough tall forwards in Johns, Lucas, Lloyd and one of Hille or Laycock. Kicking for goal is disgraceful in any event.

Ruck - if Laycock, Hill and Ryder all went down, he could be used as a pinch hitting ruckman.

We need a key defender. Unless Bradley can prove his worth in this position, through a decent apprenticeship in the VFL, I can't see how he can be valuable to the team. We might need to cut our losses in the short term, play Kepler in the twos until he knows how defend key fowards, and then promote him to the ones.

Slingin' him all over the place is wasting everyones' time.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:Other than the bench, I can't see where Kepler is going to play.

Defence - proved time and time again he doesn't cut the mustard, unless he is playing a spare man in defence in which case he can take a decent mark floating in front of packs. When forced to be accountable, he is all at sea.

Forward - already have enough tall forwards in Johns, Lucas, Lloyd and one of Hille or Laycock. Kicking for goal is disgraceful in any event.

Ruck - if Laycock, Hill and Ryder all went down, he could be used as a pinch hitting ruckman.

We need a key defender. Unless Bradley can prove his worth in this position, through a decent apprenticeship in the VFL, I can't see how he can be valuable to the team. We might need to cut our losses in the short term, play Kepler in the twos until he knows how defend key fowards, and then promote him to the ones.

Have to say this is a really good assessment of where Kepler Bradley is at based on the form he has shown in his career thus far. I'd give him more time to develop as he is young, but you are right to say he should have spent more of that development time at Bendigo. Next season is crunch time for him. If there isn't significant improvement in his game, then you have to wonder where he's heading as a footballer. IMO this bloke should be holding down CHB, but that is so far from reality that it is very disappointing.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:

Have to say this is a really good assessment of where Kepler Bradley is at based on the form he has shown in his career thus far. I'd give him more time to develop as he is young, but you are right to say he should have spent more of that development time at Bendigo. Next season is crunch time for him. If there isn't significant improvement in his game, then you have to wonder where he's heading as a footballer. IMO this bloke should be holding down CHB, but that is so far from reality that it is very disappointing.
Spot on Gringo.

BD why do you think he should be holding down CHB? Is it because there is no-one else on the list (who has been given a decent go *cough* Lee *cough*) who can do it and you WANT him to, or do you seriously think he has what it takes right now to play CHB?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Spot on Gringo.

BD why do you think he should be holding down CHB? Is it because there is no-one else on the list (who has been given a decent go *cough* Lee *cough*) who can do it and you WANT him to, or do you seriously think he has what it takes right now to play CHB?
I think he should be holding down CHB because that's why they recruited him (as a replacement for Sean Wellman). He has size and bulk to do it (198cm, 103kg). He began 2005 like he was going to do it very well, but ever since R8 of that season has done nothing since. Do I seriously think he has what it takes right now? No, far from it, and that's what is so disappointing. If we are not going to groom him for CHB, then he has no use at our club. Andrew Lee should be given more of an opportunity as well, I agree. Is Bradley washed up at 20? I don't think so, but if we don't start seeing significant improvement starting from next season, I'm afraid he may not make it. He's almost played 50 games, so by now, he should be able to read the play and get with the tempo of it.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of "should's" in my post.......
qv_15
Top Up Player

Post by qv_15 »

If Essendon were to draft Hanson/Gumbleton, what would happen to Bradley and Lee? Where would they be playing?
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

qv_15 wrote:If Essendon were to draft Hanson/Gumbleton, what would happen to Bradley and Lee? Where would they be playing?
One of them, probably Lee would stay as a long-term replacement for Fletcher. The other, probably Bradley could be the 3rd tall if they are retained.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

qv_15 wrote:If Essendon were to draft Hanson/Gumbleton, what would happen to Bradley and Lee? Where would they be playing?
Don't expect an 18 year old kid to walk into the side and dance around CHB as if he owns it. It will take a couple of seasons at least for these new recruits to find their feet and make some sort of impact.
qv_15
Top Up Player

Post by qv_15 »

Heres an interesting fact about Bradley and Lee. Before being drafted to Essendon, both of them weren't permanent CHB for their team. One was winger and the other a forward.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

qv_15 wrote:Heres an interesting fact about Bradley and Lee. Before being drafted to Essendon, both of them weren't permanent CHB for their team. One was winger and the other a forward.
Means nothing in today's environment, or even 20 odd years ago. Paul Weston came to the club as a CHF and ended up being a terrific Full Back in back to back premierships.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Fletcher was a FF before sheeds made him into the best FB we have had for a long long time.

It shows sheeds used to know what he was doing and could spot talent. I think the man has finally gone senile.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!