Where will people be watching the game from?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Where will people be watching the game from?

Post by gringo »

I'm interested in where BTers will be watching tomorrow's game from. My usual perch at the MCG is in the members; specifically the balcony on level 3, with frequent visits to the Frankie Gray Smith Bar. I've got some visitors with me tomorrow night so I'll be getting there early to secure seats on either level 1 or 4, preferably 4 so I can watch the Collingwood cheer squad and have the combined pleasure of watching a game of AFL and natural selection in progress simultaneously.

My fondest memories of watching, or being involved with Essendon games however, was as a young bloke up the farm with Dad, listening to the game on the radio. That was back when most games were played on a Saturday afternoon and they'd constantly go around the grounds for updates – from Windy Hill, to the MCG, out to the Western Ovel or down to Kardinia. We always listened to 774. There were times when there'd be such a big crowd in attendance that you couldn't hear the commentators due to the roar of the crowd. Bloody good stuff it was. The old man use to turn off the radio if things were getting too tight, and switch it back on at three minute intervals to get a quick score check. Funny stuff. He was a very good footballer was the old man. He grew up on a farm in Lancefield and Essendon used to get him a taxi down to ground when he was 16 to play in their twos.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
brad
Top Up Player

Re: Where will people be watching the game from?

Post by brad »

3rd level of the Southern Stand in the AFL Reserve Row A (P22)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

In front of the TV with a few cold bevies (and I'll try not to check the score before the game starts :oops: )
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Level 1 Section M55 so down the Punt Rd end. I guess down the Essendon cheersquad end.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Level one in the great southern stand.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I'm normally in the Great Southern stand, Q11, Row C with the Essendon Members. Which unfortunately means staring into the sun. I'm not sure where I'm sitting tomorrow night - my mate organised tickets because it's an away game.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

From work.

Might sneak a television in, but it will probably just be the radio.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

gringo wrote:I'm interested in where BTers will be watching tomorrow's game from. My usual perch at the MCG is in the members; specifically the balcony on level 3, with frequent visits to the Frankie Gray Smith Bar. I've got some visitors with me tomorrow night so I'll be getting there early to secure seats on either level 1 or 4, preferably 4 so I can watch the Collingwood cheer squad and have the combined pleasure of watching a game of AFL and natural selection in progress simultaneously.

My fondest memories of watching, or being involved with Essendon games however, was as a young bloke up the farm with Dad, listening to the game on the radio. That was back when most games were played on a Saturday afternoon and they'd constantly go around the grounds for updates – from Windy Hill, to the MCG, out to the Western Ovel or down to Kardinia. We always listened to 774. There were times when there'd be such a big crowd in attendance that you couldn't hear the commentators due to the roar of the crowd. Bloody good stuff it was. The old man use to turn off the radio if things were getting too tight, and switch it back on at three minute intervals to get a quick score check. Funny stuff. He was a very good footballer was the old man. He grew up on a farm in Lancefield and Essendon used to get him a taxi down to ground when he was 16 to play in their twos.

:lol:

I usually sneak into the club members bar near our bronze seats on level 2 for away games as I don't have an away seat. It's a good scam folks. If you don't have a seat, give it a try! Just keep it under your hat, BTers only please...

Here's what you do. Wait for the crowd to build, in this case they'll be mostly Collingwood fans, so you'd better dress down for the occasion... Then as the tattooed, misguided beasts enter the door, line up with them and flash your membership card with your finger over the Bombers logo. Make sure you go to the door with the MCC door guy, not the regular door nazi's. They'll spring you. The MCC guy doesn't give a hoot about us club member low life's... And hey presto! You're in an uncrowded bar with full strength brews, great view of the ground, well on your way to a killer hangover come Saturday morning... See you there.

:-"
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

swoodley wrote:In front of the TV with a few cold bevies (and I'll try not to check the score before the game starts :oops: )
Yep me too!!! I think i will have to check the scores when it hits 1/4 though... the temptation will be far too great!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
swoodley wrote:In front of the TV with a few cold bevies (and I'll try not to check the score before the game starts :oops: )
Yep me too!!! I think i will have to check the scores when it hits 1/4 though... the temptation will be far too great!
I got all the way to 3/4 time last week before I looked on the net...I figured with us being 6 goals up, it was a pretty safe bet that we would win :D
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Level 1 M6.

Fk it!

Mate got the tickets about 10 days ago using our High Mark memberships. Looks like the definition of "premium seats" means the shittest possible place in the ground. The fckers do it to us all the time. Pricks.

:evil:
Essendunny
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Most likely standing behind the goals on the southern stand with the grog squad. Might be too busy though. Got crappy seats on the olympic stand if needed.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(Just got home from work and found out that I have to go to a work function for my wife tomorrow night so no watching the footy for me :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

swoodley wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(Just got home from work and found out that I have to go to a work function for my wife tomorrow night so no watching the footy for me :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
haha shit that sucks!!!!! Any chance you could tape it to watch our great victory later?? ;)
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

danstar84 wrote:Most likely standing behind the goals on the southern stand with the grog squad. Might be too busy though. Got crappy seats on the olympic stand if needed.
Are the grog squad those people who stand behind all the seats behind the cheersquad and chant? They are much better than the real cheeraquad let me tell you if thats who they are. Love everytime after Carlton game we clap 'If you hate carlton clap your hands' can't wait to replace Carlton with Collingwood.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

i'll be watching the game down at the local on the big screen (mainevent channel here in nsw) as i cant afford/justify the foxtel at home.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

JumboPaddy wrote:
danstar84 wrote:Most likely standing behind the goals on the southern stand with the grog squad. Might be too busy though. Got crappy seats on the olympic stand if needed.
Are the grog squad those people who stand behind all the seats behind the cheersquad and chant? They are much better than the real cheeraquad let me tell you if thats who they are. Love everytime after Carlton game we clap 'If you hate carlton clap your hands' can't wait to replace Carlton with Collingwood.
Yep, that's us. Only problem during big games is that it gets fairly corwded and a bit tough to see the game at times.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote: My fondest memories of watching, or being involved with Essendon games however, was as a young bloke up the farm with Dad, listening to the game on the radio. That was back when most games were played on a Saturday afternoon and they'd constantly go around the grounds for updates – from Windy Hill, to the MCG, out to the Western Ovel or down to Kardinia. We always listened to 774. There were times when there'd be such a big crowd in attendance that you couldn't hear the commentators due to the roar of the crowd. Bloody good stuff it was. The old man use to turn off the radio if things were getting too tight, and switch it back on at three minute intervals to get a quick score check. Funny stuff. He was a very good footballer was the old man. He grew up on a farm in Lancefield and Essendon used to get him a taxi down to ground when he was 16 to play in their twos.
Shit eh, that's a good ol' story Gringy.

Loved listening to the games on radio "back in the day" when I was a kid who couldn't go to the footy. What era did your old man play at the club?
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Q17, row R for tomorrow night i think.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
swoodley wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(Just got home from work and found out that I have to go to a work function for my wife tomorrow night so no watching the footy for me :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
haha shit that sucks!!!!! Any chance you could tape it to watch our great victory later?? ;)
The recorder is already set :?