We WILL win another flag before the flith

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

We WILL win another flag before the flith

Post by robrulz5 »

Sure they beat us on Friday night and are in the top 4. They have built a decent side, a side that will play finals most years. They seem content with playing one or two finals a year without having the ultimate success. Collingwood are no where near as good as the top 3.

At Essendon we are building a side to win a Premiership, we will not be content to play one or two finals a year without a realistic chance of a flag. The performance on Friday night was going to happen again this season at some stage. With such a young side we were always going to have a bit of a downer at some stage. We know we won't win the premiership this year but we are heading in the right direction with our young and exciting side.

So let the media pump up both Carlton and Collingwood because we have a better list than both of those clubs and will be successful on the last Saturday in September before both of them.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: We WILL win another flag before the flith

Post by paddyl90 »

Collingwood are us 6 years ago, ageing team that had enough experience to play okay football but would make a final or two then bow out. It will happen again this year and I can't wait!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Yes JP. 6 years ago we kicked up a fuss as supporters while the Collingwood supporters are really happy just to play finals every year.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

another team that is us 6 years ago is Sydney and i also love it!!

i agree that collingwood are a good team but will never go all the way, i just hope we do... gotta remember guys it's bloody hard to win a premiership
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Collingwood arent full of old players in fact they look to be quite young, or around that mid age range.

Pendlebury
Thomas
Didak
Davis
Dick
Cloke
Anthony
Brown
Beams
Swan
Shaw

Thats just off the top of my head.

And Fraser is only 27 and Maxwell would be around the same age.

Really only giahomo,leigh brown, Rocca and O'Bree are the ones that come to mind as old.

They have a youngish list. You guys are trippin thinking they are us 6 years ago.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

so with that list being mid aged they should be primed for a premiership... and that aint gana happen vingertje they are at least another re-building period away from any chance of a premiership... vingertje vingertje vingertje
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals