Bendigo Bombers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
danstar84
Club Captain

Bendigo Bombers

Post by danstar84 »

Another wonderful game. Mcveigh didn't play apparently, not sure what is going on there. Maybe sick?

Casey Scorpions 4.5 8.10 13.14 21.17 (143)
Bendigo Bombers 2.0 3.0 4.1 5.2 (32)

GOALS:
Casey Scorpions: Newton 4 Waite 3 Dunn 3 Miller 2 Silvagni 2 Creed Stockdale Johnson Bartram McGough Bell Valenti
Bendigo Bombers: Weekley Bellchambers Williams Houli Quinn

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Bell Johnson Silvagni Wall Stockdale Dunn
Bendigo Bombers: Houli Hurley German Flaherty Quinn Myers
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Bendigo Bombers

Post by Jazz_84 »

HAVE TO end that partnership this year.... doing us no good, and for a team as professional as Essendon, not to mention attacking another flag it can't be good
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Neagle is supposed to be working hard on his game. Like HOW?

7 scoring shots to 38. Furk off.
Essendunny
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

This really is an absolute waste of time. What are the young players learning by getting thumped every week?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

BenDoolan wrote:Neagle is supposed to be working hard on his game. Like HOW?

7 scoring shots to 38. Furk off.
Makes it very tough. Neagles main problem is fitness. Going to be impossible for him to improve this when the team is only getting a small amount of inside 50s each game.

Only players that are gaining experience are the defenders.

Have to break off the Bendigo alliance next year. Hopefully we can go alone as long as we can get a licence. We wouldn't see major changes in the short term, but at least we may be able to recruit quality VFL players over time due to the location of Windy Hill. It's harsh, but many of the Bendigo players would struggle to get a game in the EDFL. Too many country clubs paying larger sums, and the good players end up there.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

When was the last time a team in a competiton as big as the VFL was this bad?
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Notice that Spike was a late withdrawal with general soreness....... like how? He has'nt played for 2 weeks!!!

BB are a waste of time. Noticed that Bellchambers, Neagle or Daniher were not mentioned in despatches but playing with these bunch of losers you can't expect the elite players to carry the rest especially the forwards all the time.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

robrulz5 wrote:When was the last time a team in a competiton as big as the VFL was this bad?
I'd fathom a guess and say the Diggers? :lol: No wait. We managed a draw the year.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ronny Rotten wrote:Notice that Spike was a late withdrawal with general soreness....... like how? He has'nt played for 2 weeks!!!
Must have been one hell of a kick up the arse!
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Ronny Rotten wrote:Notice that Spike was a late withdrawal with general soreness....... like how? He has'nt played for 2 weeks!!!
Bruising........ego related.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

General soreness, what a laugh.

That's the excuse we used to use to get out of running laps in PE class.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

McVeigh was in a mood to have 50 possies and kick 10 goals.
I understand Knight asked McVeigh to keep his enthusiasm for the most important Sydney game this coming Saturday and not risk his still fragile ankle.

Bendigo lost by almost 20 goals - time to ask questions.
Red and Black Forever
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

General soreness? I'm guessing he was training really hard to get back in the good books.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

McVeigh suffered a 'mystery' leg injury on training at Friday, and may struggle to come up for this week.

Do we need a new Bendigo thread every week? They played, they suck, we should end the allegiance , I get it. 8) Maybe all future discussion could take place in this thread.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

wow i come back from holidays hoping to see a good result for Bendigo and i see this............

The Bendigo branch of the Bombers will end this season, it has to. We cant have our young guys plaing in a shit heap like this. I just dont understand why they are so bad, its not as though they have a crap team on the park... the list is pretty good. :roll:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The VFL has just announced that there will be no more games at QEO this year. The remaining home games will be played at Windy Hill.

The alliance is dead.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Ho Hum...

Another week, another Bendigo thrashing and yet another thread about how we have to end the partnership...

I think we are all on the same wavelength as supporters on this and I have to say that it is getting rather boring hearing the same vitriol week in week out (even if it is justified...)

BTW...Not having a go at anyone here just tired of the weekly get rid of Bendigo threads...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Crazyman wrote:Ho Hum...

Another week, another Bendigo thrashing and yet another thread about how we have to end the partnership...

I think we are all on the same wavelength as supporters on this and I have to say that it is getting rather boring hearing the same vitriol week in week out (even if it is justified...)

BTW...Not having a go at anyone here just tired of the weekly get rid of Bendigo threads...
Don't worry Crazy.....there's only another 8 weeks (8 get rid of Bendigo threads) to go :wink:
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:
Crazyman wrote:Ho Hum...

Don't worry Crazy.....there's only another 8 weeks (8 get rid of Bendigo threads) to go :wink:
Yeah I know... :evil:
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

If for no other reason than being curious,, I am going to attend the next game at Windy Hill to see why such a good list in the context of the twos gets such a regular bashing. A good excuse for my annual pilgrimage.

We regularly bitch about the alliance with Bendigo, the quality of the grounds etc etc but this does not entirely explain why we have not won a game this year.

With more than half the team having experienced senior footy, it is beyond me why our performance this year has been total crap.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark