All Australian

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

All Australian

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I was just curious if we think there could be a few Ess listed All Australians this year??

At the moment i would think that Jobe Watson, Paddy Ryder and Andrew Lovett would definately be in contention.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: All Australian

Post by robbie67 »

No. We wont have anyone in the side. Watson deserves it, and Lovett would be just outside mine, but they always sneak a undeserving Crows or Swans player in there, so Watson wont get picked.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Pansies like Dale Thomas will get selected.
Essendunny
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Dale Thomas
fag
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ryder is a very good chance. Which ruckmen have been dominant this year? Oops, that's right....Josh Fraser
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Dustin Fletcher will be selected in a back pocket next to Scarlett - he has not played a bad game this year and despite injury during the middle stages, will storm home.

Lovett must get a gig on the wing and Jobe is a dead set certainty - is leading the AFL in a range of critical stats
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I would be shocked if we got anyone in... The media hate us.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well when you have these turkeys on the selection panel;

Andrew Demetriou (chairman), Adrian Anderson, Rod Austin, Kevin Bartlett, Mark Bickley, Gerard Healy, Glen Jakovich and Robert Walls

is it any wonder we don't get any representation?

Is there any f***'n panel, committee, membership, council, group, or party that Kevin Bartlett isn't on?? FFS, get him away from football matters and put someone with modern day relevance. Same with that piece of shit, Gerard Healy.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Would be sad if we diidnt get at least 1 player in the AA side... i have a feeling that Lovett will definately play in the international rules series whether he gets picked or not. He is pretty good at Gaelic Footy.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:Ryder is a very good chance. Which ruckmen have been dominant this year? Oops, that's right....Josh Fraser
I think they'll probably start with Sandilands who has been in terrific form all year, Gardiner at St Kilda has been playing well most of the year, Cox is always in the running. I doubt that Ryder would even be mentioned.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Ryder is a very good chance. Which ruckmen have been dominant this year? Oops, that's right....Josh Fraser
I think they'll probably start with Sandilands who has been in terrific form all year, Gardiner at St Kilda has been playing well most of the year, Cox is always in the running. I doubt that Ryder would even be mentioned.
Jolly as well - he and Sandilands lead the hitouts with daylight to third. Hamish McIntosh has also been pretty good for North.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:Well when you have these turkeys on the selection panel;

Andrew Demetriou (chairman), Adrian Anderson, Rod Austin, Kevin Bartlett, Mark Bickley, Gerard Healy, Glen Jakovich and Robert Walls

is it any wonder we don't get any representation?

Is there any f***'n panel, committee, membership, council, group, or party that Kevin Bartlett isn't on?? FFS, get him away from football matters and put someone with modern day relevance. Same with that piece of shit, Gerard Healy.
I thought Hird was on the panel? Or is that another panel? Too many panels and committes these days...
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Hird's just been put on the panel I think.

No chance for Ryder as Gerard Healy has a massive boner for Sandilands.

I would have thought that Lovett or Watson might get a gig on the bench.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Staggy wrote:Hird's just been put on the panel I think.

No more evident than last year when Hille was clearly one of the best two ruckmen in the league and a dead set certainty for AA status.... and couldn't break a way through the reputations of Cox and Sandilands, who were selected on reputation alone... and the man-love the panel have for them.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Boyler_Room wrote:

No more evident than last year when Hille was clearly one of the best two ruckmen in the league and a dead set certainty for AA status.... and couldn't break a way through the reputations of Cox and Sandilands, who were selected on reputation alone... and the man-love the panel have for them.
I would think that Paddy needs a couple more BOG's. He has certainly been good for long periods and his workload far exceeds any other ruckman in the competition. However, I dont see him being in the best 2 rucks right now (although I did about 4-5 weeks ago)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Boyler_Room wrote:

Sandilands outplayed Hille late in the year at Subiaco which probably pushed him ahead of Hille in the final vote.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

f***'n laughable. Sandilands is the best tap ruckmen for the opposition midfield. Love to know the stats of the clearances after he wins the tap.....
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:f***'n laughable. Sandilands is the best tap ruckmen for the opposition midfield. Love to know the stats of the clearances after he wins the tap.....
Sandilands was leading the AFL in centre bounce clearances as at the end of round 13....he's started doing it himself seeing as his midfielders can't get in the right places :shock:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Ryderm possibly on the bench due to versatility.

Lovett is a possibility for FP, Wing or HBF.

If Watson is not C then there is something very very wrong.

Winderlich I reckon is an outside chance as well.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:f***'n laughable. Sandilands is the best tap ruckmen for the opposition midfield. Love to know the stats of the clearances after he wins the tap.....
Sandilands was leading the AFL in centre bounce clearances as at the end of round 13....he's started doing it himself seeing as his midfielders can't get in the right places :shock:
Aha! Fair enough then - he's doing all the work! :lol:
Essendunny