Team v Tiger Tankers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Team v Tiger Tankers

Post by Madden »

ESSENDON
B: Henry Slattery, Tayte Pears, Michael Hurley
HB: Courtenay Dempsey, Dustin Fletcher, Adam McPhee
C: Brent Prismall, Mark McVeigh, Andrew Lovett
HF: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Angus Monfries, Kyle Reimers
F: Jason Winderlich, Matthew Lloyd, Alwyn Davey
Foll: Patrick Ryder, Andrew Welsh, Jobe Watson
Int (from): Brent Stanton, Ricky Dyson, Heath Hocking, Cale Hooker, Scott Lucas, Hayden Skipworth, Sam Lonergan,

In: Lovett-Murray, Monfries, Skipworth
Out: (none)

RICHMOND
B: Jake King, Will Thursfield, Chris Newman
HB: Dean Polo , Luke McGuane, Matthew White
C: Shane Edwards, Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio
HF: Robin Nahas, Jack Riewoldt, Jayden Post
F: Nathan Brown, Mitch Morton, Ben Cousins
Foll: Tyrone Vickery, Daniel Jackson, Richard Tambling
Int (from): Adam Pattison, Alex Rance, Jordan McMahon, Jarrod Silvester, Adam Thomson, Mark Coughlan, Tom Hislop

In: Cousins, Cotchin, Pattison, N.Brown, Thomson

Out: Tuck, Graham

Note that Lovett-Murray and Monfries have been named on the ground. There will be two outs. Lucas and Lonergan named on the bench....
DC
Regular Senior Player

Re: Team v Tiger Tankers

Post by DC »

when is houli going to get a crack?!

Not a bad team. If Lucas is out I want to see Neagle in. He is our future.

No foley for ninethmond. nice to see. we need to belt these guys for percentage which very well might be needed for a spot in the 8.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

DC wrote:when is houli going to get a crack?!

Not a bad team. If Lucas is out I want to see Neagle in. He is our future.
Neagle is our future when he gets fit and can run out a game. Until then he is only potentially our future.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Hard to see who will be left out from that squad...barring injury I think it may well be HH & Skippy...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Crazyman wrote:Hard to see who will be left out from that squad...barring injury I think it may well be HH & Skippy...
Skipworth wont play this week judging from that team. Natrat and Gus are certain starters so that means that two players will be left out from the team that played last week. Im thinking Hooker and Hocking.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Good team.

Lucas, Skipworth and Lonergan will be the "outs". Looks like they're going to unleash McVeigh, too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hurley and Lovett-Murray switching between CHB and CHF depending on the match-ups.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Filthy wrote:can only hope they are more cogniscent of tanking than winning.
god id hate to win like that.... i guess we'll never know for sure
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It's a shame it is going to be wet. We should still beat them though.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

andrewb wrote:Good team.

Lucas, Skipworth and Lonergan will be the "outs". Looks like they're going to unleash McVeigh, too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hurley and Lovett-Murray switching between CHB and CHF depending on the match-ups.
Hmmm not quite sure about that... would rather have Lucas up forward and let Hooker have a rest this week.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

We couldn't possibly leave Hocking out - he has been excellent all year. No?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

tonysoprano wrote:We couldn't possibly leave Hocking out - he has been excellent all year. No?
Nope. I actually rate him and expect him to become a good player in time, but he's not a good player at the moment for reasons i wrote about a few weeks ago (basically, he doesn't operate at AFL pace yet). He's also still finding his position - he's been killed as a tagger by guys like Cooney and Goodes in recent weeks (no shame, they're both top class players) and he's been unconvincing as a back pocket.

I expect he'll pick up the pace of his game over the next year or two and become a good run-with, like a Steven Baker type.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

This is a great looking team on paper and the depth we now enjoy is reflected with the "Interchange from" list. You just never know with Richmond, esp as they have Cuzzy and Brown in.

We should be able to belt the living crap out of them although a win by a small margin will not be a good result. This forecast from a couple of minutes ago shows no rain for Sunday, so let's hope this is the case.

SUN Afternoon Clouds. Cool. 12 km/h NNW winds no rain

I don't really want to see what happens to our kamikaze game if it is wet.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Bendigo playing on Saturday afternoon have named Skipworth,Hocking & Lonergan. So it looks like the bench will be Stanton, Dyson, Lucas & Hooker.

Thats what depth is all about, if you perform (NLM for bendigo) you get the gig!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Ronny Rotten wrote:Bendigo playing on Saturday afternoon have named Skipworth,Hocking & Lonergan. So it looks like the bench will be Stanton, Dyson, Lucas & Hooker.

Thats what depth is all about, if you perform (NLM for bendigo) you get the gig!
Beat me to it... i was about to post that!! Interesting that we may drop Hocking and Lonergan.. if its wet you would want players like that in the team instead of talls like Hooker.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Best news for us is no Kayne Pettifer. vingertje I know he is a f*cking spastic, but he always plays well against us and it does my head in.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Ossie wrote:Best news for us is no Kayne Pettifer. vingertje I know he is a f*cking spastic, but he always plays well against us and it does my head in.
...And Tuck being dropped. Believe it or not he's the league leader in hard ball gets. 17 more than Ablett at this point in time. Tank you very much...

:wink:
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Doctor Fish wrote:
Ossie wrote:Best news for us is no Kayne Pettifer. vingertje I know he is a f*cking spastic, but he always plays well against us and it does my head in.
...And Tuck being dropped. Believe it or not he's the league leader in hard ball gets. 17 more than Ablett at this point in time. Tank you very much...

:wink:
Good point. :D Might open things up a bit for Jobe and Woosha.
As an aside, who invented the term 'hard ball gets'. Get is a f*cking verb, not a noun. You can't see or hold a 'get'. I hate some of the terminology which is now part of our game.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Will Jobe be right to play? He could be a late withdrawl.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

robrulz5 wrote:Will Jobe be right to play? He could be a late withdrawl.
Surely he will. He was a little underdone last week but we have the 9 day break. He wasn't in dire straights last week so I'd expect him to get up unless someone tells me otherwise.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Final team:
In: Lovett-Murray, Monfries
Out: Hocking, Lonergan

I guess Lonergan is being directly replaced by Monfries, but I thought he'd done pretty well up forward while Monfries has been out. Much better than Reimers too. Reimers had a good one against Sydney, but I think Lonergan may have too and that was about it for him.
And with Timmy not fit we could really do with Lonergan or Hocking working in the stoppages.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.