The Team

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

The Team

Post by swoodley »

In: Lonergan, Hocking, Neagle, Skipworth, Houli, Jetta, Quinn
Out: Lloyd (heel), McVeigh (leg), Davey (knee), Winderlich (back)

Squad of 25
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Re: The Team

Post by andrewb »

Urrrrrrk.

Big changes:

B Hocking Pears Welsh
HB Dyson Fletcher McPhee
C Monfries Slattery Lovett
HF Lovett-Murray Hurley Reimers
F Skipworth Neagle Lonergan
Foll Ryder Watson Prismall
I/C Stanton Dempsey Lucas Hooker Houli Jetta Quinn

Looks like Skipworth, Hocking, Neagle and Lonergan are the definite INs.

Stanton, Dempsey should be safe barring niggles. Lucas would be on shaky ground. Would expect they'll take Hooker in as the backup ruck and one of Houli, Jetta and Quinn. Probably Houli on form.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Oh shit... from Knights:

"I am thinking with McVeigh and Davey they will only miss one week. In a perfect world you would like to think that Winderlich will only be one week too, that he has just tightened up and it will free up soon."

That really worries me.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

andrewb wrote:Urrrrrrk.

Big changes:

B Hocking Pears Welsh
HB Dyson Fletcher McPhee
C Monfries Slattery Lovett
HF Lovett-Murray Hurley Reimers
F Skipworth Neagle Lonergan
Foll Ryder Watson Prismall
I/C Stanton Dempsey Lucas Hooker Houli Jetta Quinn

Looks like Skipworth, Hocking, Neagle and Lonergan are the definite INs.

Stanton, Dempsey should be safe barring niggles. Lucas would be on shaky ground. Would expect they'll take Hooker in as the backup ruck and one of Houli, Jetta and Quinn. Probably Houli on form.
All of a sudden we are looking relatively slow. No real run out of that backline, Slattery and Monfries are both slowish players in the middle, and Watson and Prismall on the pill. I can't see how we can implement our running game plan with those players. We must play Dempsey off a back flank, and Jetts on a forward flank or wing. I'd start Monfries and Slattery on the bench.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Hocking and Lonergan definitely in. I would assume as Neagle is the only tall inclusion he will play.
I'd like to see Jetta get a game with Davey out to see what he can do.

I'd be tempted as coach to drop Lucas and play McPhee at CHF given the large ground.

And I'll mention once again that how the team is listed on Thursday night is not necessarily reflective of how they'll line up on Sunday arvo, so no need to worry about positional moves yet.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The season is really starting to take a toll. We are still capable of winning with the named side but it depends on whether they want it or not.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Licha is the big out. hope its nothing major.

otherwise solid side. Quinn, Jetta add the pace that goes with Licha out. Both have according to bendigo match reports been quite good.

we need scott lucas to stand up this weekend I feel, would love a bag of 5+ from the big guy.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Doesnt look the best on paper. Have to play Stanton and Dempsey. Cant afford not to play Lucas...have no faith in Neagle. He has done nothing at Bendigo. Id play Skipworth ahead of Houli and Jetta. Surely not Quinn!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

im very worried about Winders injury.... Essendon havn't said anything about it, so could be nothing or it could be everything, i need to know dammit
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gee it's a strange sort of feeling not giving a shit that Lloyd, McVeigh and Davey will be missing from this game....
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote:im very worried about Winders injury.... Essendon havn't said anything about it, so could be nothing or it could be everything, i need to know dammit
Back injury according to the papers - that is a real worry and coincides with a noticeable dropping off in form - lets hope he is not looking at a similar problem as before
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Looks like Knights learned his lesson about not playing injured players again. Not at all fussed with any of those outs except Winderlich - McVeigh and Davey were both due to be dropped in my book anyway (injured or otherwise), and Lloyd's been quiet in a lot of games this year so his absence isn't as significant as it might have been a few years ago.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

merc_2 wrote:Doesnt look the best on paper. Have to play Stanton and Dempsey. Cant afford not to play Lucas...have no faith in Neagle. He has done nothing at Bendigo. Id play Skipworth ahead of Houli and Jetta. Surely not Quinn!
why not Quinn??
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Looks like Knights learned his lesson about not playing injured players again. Not at all fussed with any of those outs except Winderlich - McVeigh and Davey were both due to be dropped in my book anyway (injured or otherwise), and Lloyd's been quiet in a lot of games this year so his absence isn't as significant as it might have been a few years ago.
Spot on Licha is a big loss.

Hopefully the dons unlock a better forward structure with Neagle back in the side. Perhaps we'll see Hurley played forward as well?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Why do we have to bring in Neagle, as an obvious replacement for Lloyd? Can we not play Lucas deep and do without another tall forward and play another small forward (jetta for example) instead?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The only comfort gained from these changes is that the replacements all have seniors experience and in years gone by would have been getting a regular game.

Would like to see Jetta get a run due to his pace on the big ground. I still believe that he will be a gun in the Lovett mould.

Licha's back problem worries the sh#t out of me. I hope just for once they are straight up with us on this injury.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

What the hell does Daniher have to do to get a game? He's been in the best nearly every week for Bendigo, and he was good in the seniors before he got injured.

Baffling.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Staggy wrote:What the hell does Daniher have to do to get a game? He's been in the best nearly every week for Bendigo, and he was good in the seniors before he got injured.

Baffling.
Nah he hasnt been actually... he has been good over the past couple of weeks when they moved him forward but he had been struggling before that in the Bendigo backline. Im sure that if Darcy performs well this weekend then his name will come up again. We cant make the side too top heavy against the Eagles.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I was hoping Jetta would get a game. Any chance of a late change? Jobe still didn't seem right last week.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I don;t think Timmy would be a certainty at this stage, based on last week.
But what would I know?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.