Neagle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Neagle

Post by auditor »

This boy must be a part of this team for the remainder of the season.
It just fell out of the sky
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Neagle

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah 1 shinning light from today... must persist with him and make him our regular FF
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Yes.

We've seen the last of the Lloyd / Lucas double act. They cannot be given another game together - unless it's their send-off game.

Compare Scotty today to that of 2 years ago on the same ground. They are both shadows of their former selves. It comes to all the greats - but Essendon seem to have them more often than most. - Does anyone here remember T.D.'s last season?
Last edited by hop on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Fantastic effort to kick 3 goals with the bad delivery he got. He'll be good for us in time.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Agree. Put Lloyd's heel on ice for the year. I saw a lot out of him today :) Every game he has played this year he has done pretty well from what I can remember the Saints game he was good, Geelong was good and now today. Get Gumby up next year and it will be looking good for the future. I've officially written Lucas off sadly :(
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Been calling for Neagle to be in the team for months now. This is long over due.

He is strong.
Great mark of the ball.
Beautiful kick.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

He was very good today. Our only real positive.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Although Neagle didn't kick a bag (wish he would come out and do that one day), he showed plenty of good signs. The contrast between him and Lucas was very sharp. Sadly, Scotty is barely a shadow of his former self. Must retire.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

i sort of wish i could just go to sleep tonight, get a few zzzz'z................wake up in early march next year and see our team take the park next year with Neagle having another pre-season under his belt, Gumby completing a full pre-season and same with Pears & Hurley. Hille back to rotate with paddy. Prismall gets a full pre-season in aswell as the Winders, Zaks, Demps etc.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

DYSON#2 wrote:i sort of wish i could just go to sleep tonight, get a few zzzz'z................wake up in early march next year and see our team take the park next year with Neagle having another pre-season under his belt, Gumby completing a full pre-season and same with Pears & Hurley. Hille back to rotate with paddy. Prismall gets a full pre-season in aswell as the Winders, Zaks, Demps etc.
Ditto. I'm fast forwarding through to summer holidays away from everything and regaining some positivity about next season when I'll be getting my first membership :)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

DYSON#2 wrote:i sort of wish i could just go to sleep tonight, get a few zzzz'z................wake up in early march next year and see our team take the park next year with Neagle having another pre-season under his belt, Gumby completing a full pre-season and same with Pears & Hurley. Hille back to rotate with paddy. Prismall gets a full pre-season in aswell as the Winders, Zaks, Demps etc.
sounds good but remember this year sounded almost as good..... dead set if gumby doesn't get through a pre-season fit and firing we need to cover him somehow
Kakadu Kangaroos
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

JumboPaddy wrote:
Ditto. I'm fast forwarding through to summer holidays away from everything and regaining some positivity about next season when I'll be getting my first membership :)
i got my first membership this year about 4 weeks ago....... mmmmm why oh why! na love the team but damn
Kakadu Kangaroos
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Jazz_84 wrote:
JumboPaddy wrote:
i got my first membership this year about 4 weeks ago....... mmmmm why oh why! na love the team but damn
So it's your F**king fault Jazz :wink:
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

He has what it takes except aerobic capacity and a f****** game-plan that continues to f****** handball to players under pressure rather than kicking long to a strong marking target either in space on a lead or in a one on one at the top of the goal square.

Fair dinkum - I am ropeable.

*Edit - sorry, it may sound like I meant Jay handballs to players under pressure etc...I meant the team does this!
Last edited by tonysoprano on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

hop, everything i do affects the Essendon result i swear
Kakadu Kangaroos
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

What I like about this kid is that despite never dominating a game he always seems to score 2-3 goals.

I reckon with Lloyd out of the way his confidence will grow and it wont be long before 2-3 becomes 4-5. Remember, he only needs 10 touches a game to be dangerous
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Needs to go see Jobe Watson's boxing/fitness guy over the pre-season and drop 5kgs.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

12 goals 1 for the season. When he gets it, he kicks them.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

andrewb wrote:12 goals 1 for the season. When he gets it, he kicks them.
Yes, that's a very impressive fact. He is a very good kick for goal, and does have a very good pair of hands.

I agree with Stag also. Needs to shed a few kg's, and he will be ripping it apart IMO.
Essendunny
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Was very happy with his game. His skin folds are apparently the best they have been, and I'm sure he still has a bit to go.

Really hope he can stay injury free and have a FULL preseason for once.

I love Scotty, but he can't keep up with the pace of the game anymore. Neagle needs to stay in the team, and if it as the expense of Lucas, so be it.