5 best EFC "Runners" in Sheedy's era

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

5 best EFC "Runners" in Sheedy's era

Post by BenDoolan »

Just for the hell of it I suppose, and because we've just about covered everything else......

1. John Barnes - has the record for the most suspensions ever given to club runners. He can almost be classed as the 19th man on the field. Great for our guys and must be so damn annoying to the opposition and umpires.

2. Neil "Nobby" Clarke - the ultimate professional who went about his business with a minimum of fuss.

3. Paul Dimattina - only runner ever known to deliver messages and pizza's at the same time AND provide skills training to young recruits.

4. Judd Lalich - not only did he look uncoordinated with the footy, he also looked uncoordinated running out messages!

5. David Calthorpe - provided many laughs with just seeing him trying to run. The medics were always busy with the defibrillators when he returned after delivering a message.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: 5 best EFC "Runners" in Sheedy's era

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:Just for the hell of it I suppose, and because we've just about covered everything else......

2. Neil "Nobby" Clarke - the ultimate professional who went about his business with a minimum of fuss.
Exact same he played the game.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Peter Power (I think was the runner for both 84 and 85 premiership years)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote:Peter Power (I think was the runner for both 84 and 85 premiership years)
Ah is that who it was! I was thinking of him, I could picture his face, but not the name!!
'51 Bewick

Post by '51 Bewick »

billyduckworth wrote:Peter Power (I think was the runner for both 84 and 85 premiership years)
I think Peter was part of the fitness staff. He was a guest speaker when I did my level 1 coaching certificate in Sydney. Gave us a few tips on back related hamstring problems, which have been very useful over the years.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

dont forget Bryan Wood
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:dont forget Bryan Wood
Yes, Bryan Wood was the first to run around in a flourescent lime green uniform I think....
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Also ran more than Craig Mottrom in 2 hours.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Leigh
Top Up Player

Post by Leigh »

Mark Bolton :P
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.