Essendon vs Brisbane Pre-Match Discussion

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Essendon vs Brisbane Pre-Match Discussion

Post by Jazz_84 »

Saturday night game, im really looking..... wait first things first, :P Paddy..... forward to this, as i am strangely confident about this game, dunno why, i guess recently we have matched up well against Brissy... hopefully bradshaw will miss again but even if he does play surely he wont have the impact against us that normally results in me pulling my hair out. Brown will get good treatment from the umps this week (why does this sort of thing happen every time the team in question plays us? e.g west coast with the tanking crap) but as long as we don't give away free kicks for a tap on the back then im happy.

lloydy to have a decent game and a few of our players to get out of this "rut" we are apparantly in... i would have said we have had a quiet lead up to this game, no lloyd in the media or anything but now this Lovett-Murray thing has arisen but again strangely don't think it will derail focus from this weeks game...

Paddy hopefully will dominate the ruck this week against the lions, who is their ruck these days? Watson to be fit and clearance king again....

any more optimistic thoughts?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon vs Brisbane Pre-Match Discussion

Post by paddyl90 »

OPTIMISM RULES! vingertje We will win by 8 goals! I'll say it now :lol:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Mitch Clarke has been doing a good job as well and it will be a good contest.

Brown is the key, Voss was comprehensively out-coached last week with Collingwood eeming to have 4 guys on him in the 2nd half. We must do the same. beat Brown, beat Brisbane. Although he seems to always have a blinder against us.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I like that its at the MCG not Eithad. We haven't played them there since 01 granny. I am really hoping they pull their fingers out this week!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Well our guys should be nice and fresh seeing as they havent chased a footy in 2 weeks
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Well our guys should be nice and fresh seeing as they havent chased a footy in 2 weeks
That's the spirit :D !
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

We are well and truly f*****.

After Brisbane sookfest to the AFL about the treatment poor widdle Johnny Brown has been copping from big meanies such as Leigh Brown and Scott Thompson he will get a free kick evey time an Essendon player looks at him, the evil nasty bullies they all are.

f*** me, why does this shit happen the week before we are due to play a team?

Johnathon Brown to end up with 94 free kicks and 67.28 for the game!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Fred Fanning's record will be broken.

You heard it here first!
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I think Fletch/Pears will do quite well on Browny... expecially if his partner in crime Bradshaw isnt there.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Bradshaw and Notting will be back for Brisbane. If we play like we have the last two weeks we will be belted.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yeah, well, to be honest, I am totally deflated after the last two crap weeks. Losing to a bottom 4 side two weeks in a row just kills off any enthusiasm I had. Prescott was asked what caused these poor performances, and in a nut shell said "a dramatic drop in work rate". Very true. But why? Who knows...

Now we face Brisbane who will be absolutely desperate to try and finish in the top 4. Adelaide play Collingwood in Adelaide. If Adelaide wins (and there is a very good chance of that), and Brisbane give us a lesson (and there is avery good chance of that), they could find themselves in the top 4 only by percentage. That's what they'll be trying to do - hammer us.

Interesting stat that has surfaced - we have lost 7 of the 8 Sunday games this year.

Thank f*** we play on Saturday night.
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I will really have to drag myself to this game and the main incentive will be to see one of Scotty's last games on the "G".

Our record at the "G" has been good with 4 wins and 2 losses. If we get over Brisbane in light of our last 2 debacles, I do not know how I will feel. Yes I do!!! Totally pissed off that we blew our chances against a couple of bottom sides.

So, no matter what the outcome, I am going to be pissed off. Apart from seeing Scotty, seems little reason to go.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

rockhole wrote:I will really have to drag myself to this game and the main incentive will be to see one of Scotty's last games on the "G".

Our record at the "G" has been good with 4 wins and 2 losses. If we get over Brisbane in light of our last 2 debacles, I do not know how I will feel. Yes I do!!! Totally pissed off that we blew our chances against a couple of bottom sides.

So, no matter what the outcome, I am going to be pissed off. Apart from seeing Scotty, seems little reason to go.
Catch up with JP and get him to give you some of his happy pills....that'll cheer you up :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

swoodley wrote: Catch up with JP and get him to give you some of his happy pills....that'll cheer you up :lol:
I think JP has been going around to Nathan Lovett-Murray's house.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Staggy wrote:
swoodley wrote: Catch up with JP and get him to give you some of his happy pills....that'll cheer you up :lol:
I think JP has been going around to Nathan Lovett-Murray's house.
:lol: [-X Say no to drugs :)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Pears usually plays full-back and played on Bradshaw last time. So I expect him to do so again.
Therefore Hurley on Brown, Fletcher to help out as usual.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Either way, the eight's definitely out of the question for us thanks to the Saints' outs this week:

Nick Riewoldt (concussion), Leigh Montagna (elbow), Brendon Goddard (knee), Steven Baker (knee), Lenny Hayes (back)

Blimey. They may as well give the Dawks the points now...

:shock:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Having seen our team for this week, we won't have to worry about the result of the Saints game...who the hell is going to kick our goals?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Doctor Fish wrote:Either way, the eight's definitely out of the question for us thanks to the Saints' outs this week:

Nick Riewoldt (concussion), Leigh Montagna (elbow), Brendon Goddard (knee), Steven Baker (knee), Lenny Hayes (back)

Blimey. They may as well give the Dawks the points now...

:shock:
Frustrating isnt it... i think the Saints are "resting" some stars befire the real stuff starts in September. If the Hawks dont win then they dont deserve finals.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

swoodley wrote:Having seen our team for this week, we won't have to worry about the result of the Saints game...who the hell is going to kick our goals?
Neagle will kick his first bag.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.