We can still make the 8 !!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

We can still make the 8 !!!!

Post by MH_Bomber »

Fremantle is as we speak dismantling Port by 61 points with about 1/4 to go. That means we are just 2 points out of the 8.

I have a funny feeling we are going to beat St Kida next. I dont know why. There were some really good signs last night and I loved the effort and intensity.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: We can still make the 8 !!!!

Post by Jazz_84 »

yes we can make the 8..... but dead set it's going to take the best game in years from the EFC, don't doubt that

8th - 11th is ever changing and who knows how it will end up.... our good percentage over our rivals means squat now unfortunatly
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

:lol: Once again, get ready for everyone to be NO chance blah blah blah. We can still make it that's the main thing! Doesn't mean we will.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

MH_Bomber wrote:Fremantle is as we speak dismantling Port by 61 points with about 1/4 to go. That means we are just 2 points out of the 8.

I have a funny feeling we are going to beat St Kida next. I dont know why. There were some really good signs last night and I loved the effort and intensity.
Hmmm ... unless the Saints all eat a dodgy chicken curry the night before ... nooo way. Their top 8 players will be back and their lock down defence doesn't suit our current forward style.

The red and black team takes risks everywhere except in the forward 50 ... should this occur along with a decent crumber al la Milne - who knows?

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

MH_Bomber wrote:Fremantle is as we speak dismantling Port by 61 points with about 1/4 to go. That means we are just 2 points out of the 8.

Not out of the question. Did anyone think Essendon circa 2000 was actually going to be beaten? Terry Wallace obviously thought so.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Hawthorn have to play ; Adelaide, Richmond and us
Port have to play; Carlton, Brisbane and North Melbourne
We have to play; St Kilda, Fremantle and Hawthorn
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

MH_Bomber wrote:Hawthorn have to play ; Adelaide, Richmond and us
Port have to play; Carlton, Brisbane and North Melbourne
We have to play; St Kilda, Fremantle and Hawthorn
Most likely scenario to get in is to beat Freo & Dawks (which keeps them out).
Port need to lose to the Scum (on form they should but it's at AAMI), & then Bris at the Gabba. You'd expect them to beat Norf at AAMI.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

For once others are more positive than i am.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

If we beat St Kilda, it will simply make me more pissed off that we lost to the rabbles that are Richmond and West Coast and only drew with Brisbane when we should have won.

We should already be pretty much assured off finals, the fact that we are now relying on other results shits me right off.

In all honesty though, I don't see us beating the Saints, I also don't see Hawthorn and Port losing their remaining three games, which is what we would need to happen if we don't beat the Saints.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

LOL....do u seriously think we will beat St Kilda....they will bring them all back and they will be refreshed.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Strangely, I actually have a good feeling.

Unfortunately we all have to barrack our hardest for Carlton to beat Port next week. If Port win, then its over (assuming we don't beat St.Kilda).
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

merc_2 wrote:LOL....do u seriously think we will beat St Kilda....they will bring them all back and they will be refreshed.
Unless they tank to keep the Hawks out of the finals.

There is a bit of logic in that.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

I hate to say this, but next week will be one of the very very very few times I will be barracking for the Scum :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-# :-# :-# :-# ...if nothing else, they won't get anywhere in the finals and if we do lose to the 'aints (which I sadly think we will), we still sit only 2 points out with games against Freeo & Dawks to come...destiny is in our hands boys time to find that form and big time :lol:
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

We didn't look like it against Richmond or West Coast and people are talking about beating the Saints? Get f****** real.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

dom_105 wrote:
merc_2 wrote:LOL....do u seriously think we will beat St Kilda....they will bring them all back and they will be refreshed.

Why? They've already shown that they can beat Hawthorn without some of their best players.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

ealesy wrote:If we beat St Kilda, it will simply make me more pissed off that we lost to the rabbles that are Richmond and West Coast and only drew with Brisbane when we should have won.

We should already be pretty much assured off finals, the fact that we are now relying on other results shits me right off.
What he said.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

robrulz5 wrote:
dom_105 wrote:

Why? They've already shown that they can beat Hawthorn without some of their best players.
Finals are a different beast. If they had the choice of coming up against Port Adelaide, Hawthorn or Essendon in a semi final, they'd pick Essendon hands down. Now, Essendon are unlikely to make it through to a semi final, but Hawthorn are as good a bet as any team still in contention. If St Kilda lose that first week, they will play Hawthorn, sudden death, at the MCG.