Throught the Looking Glass

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Throught the Looking Glass

Post by The Fly »

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, today we saw the future and what this young team has in store for us.

They frustrate the f*** out of me without fail every week at some stage through the games, but we witnessed what life without Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher is going to look like and we have no reason to not be optomistic of what lies ahead. Especially if that second quarter effort is any indication.

If we can jag a finals appearance this year then it will be a bonus for their experience, but look out over the next few years and without any tanking.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Throught the Looking Glass

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The Fly wrote:At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, today we saw the future and what this young team has in store for us.

They frustrate the f*** out of me without fail every week at some stage through the games, but we witnessed what life without Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher is going to look like and we have no reason to not be optomistic of what lies ahead. Especially if that second quarter effort is any indication.

If we can jag a finals appearance this year then it will be a bonus for their experience, but look out over the next few years and without any tanking.
Yep great post!! The looks of Hurley and Pears shouldering our defence against the likes of Kosi and Riewoldt gave me goosebumps... we have a couple of future stars right there. Neagle looks more and more confident with every game under his, Monfries can do anything if he puts his mind to it. Hurley even looked dangerous up forward.

Atkinson and Quinn provide spark in the middle alongside the class of Lovett, Stanton, Watson, Prismall... the leadership of McVeigh and McPhee was great tonight as well.

The future is bright in the Windy Hill nursery thats for sure!!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I'll give credit to Filthy for a statement made earlier in this year. He said something along the lines of 'this is what you expect for having a young team' after the loss to the Kangas and I don't know why, the rest of the season my expectations of the team have dropped. They will f*** it up over and over and over again, it will come off like tonight and it won't other times like last week. We have had a lot of joy this year and a lot of anger but you can't knock them for sticking to their guns. Just needs to be perfected.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Atkinson and Quinn provide spark in the middle alongside the class of Lovett, Stanton, Watson, Prismall... the leadership of McVeigh and McPhee was great tonight as well.
I cringe every time he goes to play on but somehow he always manges to get through it, he is so unpredictable that his opponent on the mark has no idea what he is going to do next!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Still need to settle the CHF question ... though Hurley looks the Goods ... pity he can't play two positions at once.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

sti dreams wrote:Still need to settle the CHF question ... though Hurley looks the Goods ... pity he can't play two positions at once.

Cheers - STI
One Word - Gumbleton

Number 2 Draft pick in a Super Draft - this boy can play footy. Just gotta get him through his growing pains. I tell you how good he is - he was offered a contract extension of 2 years before he had even finished his first year at the club. All draftees automatically get a 2 year contract so in effect, Essendon wanted to lock him for at least the first three years.

He has often been likened to a young Wayne Carey - a dominating, pack marking power forward.

We just gotta get the boy fit and healthy
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Windy_Hill wrote:
sti dreams wrote:Still need to settle the CHF question ... though Hurley looks the Goods ... pity he can't play two positions at once.

Cheers - STI
One Word - Gumbleton

Number 2 Draft pick in a Super Draft - this boy can play footy. Just gotta get him through his growing pains. I tell you how good he is - he was offered a contract extension of 2 years before he had even finished his first year at the club. All draftees automatically get a 2 year contract so in effect, Essendon wanted to lock him for at least the first three years.

He has often been likened to a young Wayne Carey - a dominating, pack marking power forward.

I think the improvement of guys like Neagle, Daniher, Hurley, Hooker and Pears will benefit Gumbleton next year. Because we have been able to play a lot of our taller young guys this year i have a feeling that the pressure will be off Scotty next season and he can just concentrate on staying fit and maybe stringing some games together. Once Hille comes back as well we are able to use Ryder forward a bit more often as well if needed.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:

Once Hille comes back as well we are able to use Ryder forward a bit more often as well if needed.
It would be great to use Paddy forward as he would be impossible to match up on.. The big T-Bell showed some promise last night and we all know Laycock has the talent if he wants to work hard enough.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Cheers - STI
Yes he can!!!!!!

It's Hurley we are talking about, this bloke will cure cancer when he finishes playing football.

As for the CHF, what about Ryder?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:

Cheers - STI
One Word - Gumbleton

I saw his first VFL game and new very early on we had a future gun on our hands.
And check our his mark against the Doggies in NAB Cup this year on YouTube (saw someone had posted it around here recently).
When he gets fit, he will be at worst a decent CHF.

Hurley + Pears down back.

I like Ryder to start as 3rd tall forward and back up Hille.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.