Essendon vs Hawthorn Pre Match Discussion

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Essendon vs Hawthorn Pre Match Discussion

Post by paddyl90 »

f*** the other game. Once again they f***** it up! I'm not happy with another pathetic performance but I was never confident about today. More confident for next week. Big game, big crowd next week, we always rise to the occasion for some reason. Don't knock me for being confident (as usual) about next week but it's been proven throughout the year we rise to the big occasion and Hawks aren't playing any good. They are a different team without Roughead and one dimensional. I do not expect to see a pathetic performance like today. All i got out of today was that we are shithouse on the road and I'm getting farkin sick of it! This season has been a rollercoaster, don't be surprised to end up on a high next week. I hope I am right but I am in a flat mood at the moment. Feel free to go off and say you're dreaming and shit we suck we dont deserve it blah blah blah but I stick by my words. Hope next Saturday night is a better feeling.
dom_105
Club Captain

Re: Essendon vs Hawthorn Pre Match Discussion

Post by dom_105 »

The Preliminary-Elimination final, next week.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Our bi-polar team will probably win next week. But I am getting f***'n sick and tired of our retarded efforts this year. Really disappointed tonight - downright f***'n pissed off. Some of those fckers don't deserve a return flight back.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Pears will take Franklin again and he seems to be the kind of player that Pears can beat
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I'm normally an optimist in these situations but I dont feel confident at the moment about the Hawthorn game. I think we played well in the lead up game to St Kilda even though we drew but we got well and truly smacked today and on the wide expanses of Subiaco oval.

I hope they can gets their minds right for next week.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

obviously its our most important game all year; history shows we will botch it up but who knows. I'm so annoyed at the moment that I am showing little interest in watching next weeks game despite whats at stake. I know come tomorrow Ill be fine, and come next weekend I will be there and fired up. I'm just really sick of being let down. I don't mind losing, but the way we lose and our obvious lack of effort is punishing. Sorry for the unproductive post. lol. May contribute something useful at a later date. For now; Lonergan + Reimers in. Need some hardness and pressure not just all outsider runner/receivers.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

we've playing "finals" for about 4 weeks now..... there's no next week this time boys time to snap out of it
Kakadu Kangaroos
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Jazz_84 wrote:we've playing "finals" for about 4 weeks now..... there's no next week this time boys time to snap out of it
So now it's the grand final.

To cure our travel factor, maybe each player should pay for their own ticket and hotel stay, and will be re-imbursed if we win. Seriously, these guys are professionals, they should be able to win interstate.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Despite the shite that was served up tonight... knowing the up and down nature of our boys dont be surprised if we do actually knock off the Hawks next Sat. Lloyd has to be included surely... despite what people may think we actually need his leadership out there. Lonergan and possibly Hocking and Skipworth will be back to add some grunt.

Franklin will be dangerous as usual but i feel more confident knowing that Roughead wont be there. Rioli/Mitchell/Sewell/Hodge will all have to be watched as well.

Round 22= Elimination Final!!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Not looking forward to this game at the moment, it's gonna be hard to forget today's effort. I really want to go but the only chance I have is if it pisses down with rain all morning.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Got good seats with Essendon cheersquad. Least I'll be with "friends" and away with Hawks fans regardless of the result. If weather is fine I'd be tipping 70,000??
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

JumboPaddy wrote: More confident for next week. Big game, big crowd next week, we always rise to the occasion for some reason. Don't knock me for being confident (as usual) about next week but it's been proven throughout the year we rise to the big occasion and Hawks aren't playing any good. They are a different team without Roughead and one dimensional. I do not expect to see a pathetic performance like today. All i got out of today was that we are shithouse on the road and I'm getting farkin sick of it! This season has been a rollercoaster, don't be surprised to end up on a high next week.
God Bless you JP :) I needed some positivity(don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at the negative posters here - the team deserves all they get) but I've been moping around for the last 3-4 hours and I couldn't think of a single positive thought about the red and black -couldn't see the forest for the trees sort of thing.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Rossoneri wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:we've playing "finals" for about 4 weeks now..... there's no next week this time boys time to snap out of it
So now it's the grand final.

To cure our travel factor, maybe each player should pay for their own ticket and hotel stay, and will be re-imbursed if we win. Seriously, these guys are professionals, they should be able to win interstate.

There is nothing professional about the EFC - we are a bunch of f****** amateurs not to mention pretenders. Our performance today was completely in tune with what we are. Amateurs and pretenders.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Trust me, I am just as angry and disappointed as everyone else is and the team should not be excused for the performances they dished up today and against eagles & lions. I just don't understand why there is so much pressure and expectation of a young team. Have a look at how young our team is and number of games they've played. For all the injuries and shit we have copped this year, we have done so well and I couldn't be prouder. Compared to last year there has been a monumental change in our players and their development and we've unearthed some superb young talent.

I understand everyone wants to make a final, we're all desperate to, but if we don't make it, its not the end of the ****** world. I swear once the season finishes for us and its mid off-season come Nov-Jan this place will be buzzing with excitement for next year. I'd actually prefer an early start to the pre-season. I understand its hard to get out of the present but it has never been about this year, rather the future and boy isn't it bright. Can't wait to go along next week and support my team win lose or draw. As I said I'm so proud of what they've achieved this year.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

JumboPaddy wrote:I said I'm so proud of what they've achieved this year.
I guess that's the difference for me. I am not at all proud that we have lost 4 games to bottom 5 sides and had four wins against the top 5. It infuriates the crap out of me. Worse still is the way football is played. I am completely disillusioned at the overuse of handball and what seems to be outright fear of players to be long and direct. People may consider this old school but I am so convinced that turning the ball over at the top of your attacking goal square is not nearly as bad as turning it over at half-back or in the centre. Watching the game yesterday had me questioning why I even like the sport. It was utter rubbish yesterday.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Dempsey, Ryder and possibly Atkinson are all out.
Watson is obviously injured, Lloyd, Winderlich, Fletcher, Stanton will all be underdone.
And we're coming back from Perth.
On a 6 day break.

I hope. But its a tough ask.
Last edited by Madden on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Watching the last quarter against the Saints I always felt it was always going to take a miracle for us to beat Freo over there. You need to at least break even with Sandilands and with Ryder out we were conceding an average of about 10m of ground every time there was a ruck contest. We needed Watson to be at his absolute best to win... and he wasn't. Our backline was disfunctional without Dempsey and our forward line was shite without Lonergan's grunt.

Next week is a different story. Need to rotate a heap of players through the team to freshen it up. We play about 3 good quarters in every 8 so given we didn't play one this week I'm expecting us to torch them early. I'd like to see Ryder and Lloyd come in, even if they're not 100%. There is no "next week" any more. Skippy has a chance for redemption after a couple of dominant weeks in the VFL and Daniher has been playing pretty well, too.

Nothing like a sudden death play-off with last year's premiers to test your mettle... I'm really looking forward to this game and I think we'll see the "real" bombers next week.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Why we might win next week (from BB)

rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The season has a cruel way of weeding out those teams that simply are not good enough to play finals footy. Putting all the emotion to one side, at this stage of our development, we are not quite ready for finals footy and possibly 2 years away from taking a tilt at the flag.

In several years time, we will look back at 2009 and consider that, as a development year, it was a pretty good one with several excellent wins and some pretty average performances to balance things out. The main positives are that the list, with one or two adjustments, looks great for the future.

If we get over the Dorks, it would be a great effort and possibly put us ahead of our agenda, but who seriously thought that we would be even vying for a spot in the eight at the beginning of the season.

Having said that, I cannot recall a more frustrating season as there has never been so much distance between our best and worst performances. If, in 12 months time, we are still showing the same level of inconsistency, then the comments following the really bad losees are totally warranted. In the meantime, take a deep breath and head to the "G" for a game which will probably eclipse anything that is served up in the first couple of weeks of the finals.

Get out the replays of the Anzac day/Saints/Scum games and stay positive!!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

5 "best wins ever" in 2009 alone wow lol

i was thinking about this this morning and i believe we NEED to play finals this year, winning and losing is majorly affected by whats between your ears. and to be a threat we need to take the appropriate steps. if we play finals this year then next year finals will be a formality, simply because the boys KNOW it will happen, they wont have to try and think their way to the top 8. KNOWING you can make the finals is different then knowing you can make the finals if you get me!
Kakadu Kangaroos