Hit 'em hard.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Hit 'em hard.

Post by boncer34 »

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279774

Apologies for the website but I didnt know where to find the footage away from the site. Wasnt Johnson a tough man :roll: Although I must say watching him down one, two, three did make me wonder exactly what they feed the boys over there.
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

eh for starters that team was full of hardnuts and secondly the irish team without of doubt would of done little cheap things to piss of the aussies ie kicking them in the ankles and throwing cheap ones in.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Hope somebody goes nuts and knocks out a few of the irish.

Would be brilliant to watch.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I want to see that sort of stuff brought back into the AFL. Most of it, except Johnson's coathanger, was fair game, and when you're up against equally able opponents i don't see why the AFL need to sanitise the game to strangulation point.

However, as for doing that sort of stuff against the Irish, it was pathetic. Most of the plays on that clip were about as tough as me grabbing a can of Mortein to kill a stricken fly.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Its funny how its ok for the Irish to do the cheap shots because they are smaller than us. But when we bite back, then we are being dogs.

Like that bloke who tackled lovett, then ended up being under lovett with Lovett chucking some short ones in.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:Its funny how its ok for the Irish to do the cheap shots because they are smaller than us. But when we bite back, then we are being dogs.

Like that bloke who tackled lovett, then ended up being under lovett with Lovett chucking some short ones in.
Bull-f******-shit. That's a jingoistic crock of crap propagated by Australians who try to justify our actions in that game. I'm in no doubt about the fact that the Australians instigated most of the violence in that game. I'd concede that some of the Irish didn't help their cause by attempting to match it in the physicality stakes, but if i were to apportion blame, i'd say it was about 85% of the Australian players' fault for being bloody-minded dickheads, and 15% the Irish's fault for being, in a few isolated instances, provocative.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Watch the game then. I had to sit through one of them and it was crap. The Irish all try and do this little niggle shit like ankle tapping, kdney punches and so on, and when the Aussies come back, they are left sprawling all over the floor. I would apportion it around the 55-45 mark Australia. If you are going to dish it out, expect to cop it back.

Remember a few years back when we played them in Adelaide? A brawl started on the field, it was the irish who were the first ones off the bench to make it worse than it actually was.

Wish J. Brown and Fev were playing in this game, make the irish take very small steps.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

They did :wink:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It's funny how the Irish can dish it out but can't take it.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Saw what started the first one. An aussie bloke, maybe O'keefe took the mark low down and an irish player just dropped the knees into his back. Needless to say the next three minutes saw about 6 irish players on the ground and stanton score a 6-pointer.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Did I hear correct that the Irish coach wanted to forfeir the match after witnessing what transpired? :-s
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:Did I hear correct that the Irish coach wanted to forfeir the match after witnessing what transpired? :-s
He forgot to put his dummy back in.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

He wanted to call it at first break but the players wanted to play on.

Funny, I don't remember them complaining when they won last week. Have a f****** sook Ireland. I like the Irish, I do, but when it comes to footy they're a pack of soft sooking pricks.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

Irish football is like soccer or basketball, its a non contact sport. How it can be expected that they can play against a team of professional athletes that play a contact sport every week, i do not know. If the australian football team came up against the socceroos there would be some big damage, and the socceroos would be livad about the treatment they got. Like spider everitt said, its funny how guys grow a few inches and think their tough against smaller opposition.
I liken the match up to, for example, the aussie rules team V the irish rugby team, it would be funny to see how the likes of davey and co. would react in the same position.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Makaveli wrote:Irish football is like soccer or basketball, its a non contact sport. How it can be expected that they can play against a team of professional athletes that play a contact sport every week, i do not know. If the australian football team came up against the socceroos there would be some big damage, and the socceroos would be livad about the treatment they got. Like spider everitt said, its funny how guys grow a few inches and think their tough against smaller opposition.
I liken the match up to, for example, the aussie rules team V the irish rugby team, it would be funny to see how the likes of davey and co. would react in the same position.
Like he is one to talk, that bloke is soft as butter. Wouldnt take on Salmon but would take on a rover.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Makaveli wrote:Irish football is like soccer or basketball, its a non contact sport. How it can be expected that they can play against a team of professional athletes that play a contact sport every week, i do not know. If the australian football team came up against the socceroos there would be some big damage, and the socceroos would be livad about the treatment they got. Like spider everitt said, its funny how guys grow a few inches and think their tough against smaller opposition.
Correct-a-mundo. But as long as we all pretend we're a bunch of tough nuts by beating up on blokes 6 inches smaller and half as strong, we'll be OK.

I felt pretty tough today at work when i put some paper through the shredder, but much to my chagrin i think that virile show of strength went largely unnoticed by co-workers. Therefore, next week at work i'll show everyone how tough i am by kicking the receptionist lady down the stairs from behind; that'll show 'em.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Is this before the receptionist drops the knees into your back when you go to pick up a piece of paper on the floor.

Or when your talking to your manager and she whacks you, breaking your nose?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:Is this before the receptionist drops the knees into your back when you go to pick up a piece of paper on the floor.

Or when your talking to your manager and she whacks you, breaking your nose?
f*** this is pathetic. So now we're down to the 'he started it!!!' argument? I thought i was taught in about year 3 that if a year 1 kicks your ball away, you don't go and punch him up.

The fact that someone initiates a confrontation NEVER justifies cracking a nut with a sledgehammer. Unless you're George Bush, or someone of equal intellectual capacity.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

What was of massive surprise to me was that after scoring a 6 pointer Brent Stanton actually showed some emotion.

There's a first for everything...

And meh, who cares if the series gets scrapped, if it makes us feel good about ourselves then so be it. But f*** me I'd rather see State of Origin.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

I like IR and hope it stays around. It's entertaining stuff. Game 2 was not a good advertisement for the concept though.
Bombers till' I die