Leroy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Leroy

Post by DYSON#2 »

what are we doing with him exactly?
kicking out from FB last week, and getting his disposals in the backline and now i seen he is named back pocket for bendigo...
is it some stratergy like putting the horses over the jumps to find a new outlet?
gringo
Club Captain

Re: Leroy

Post by gringo »

I've got a couple of ideas.

One involves a plane ticket and the other involves a cattle prod.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

gringo wrote:I've got a couple of ideas.

Not often I agree with you, but you're right. He is hopeless.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Persist. Quality player with confidence issues.

Got to get Leroy dancing again.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Hopeless for mine
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

andrewb wrote:Persist. Quality player with confidence issues.

maybe the case but he has missed his chance to shine, shame but what ya gana do. better players on the park now
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Is he able to rookie listed? I'd say that is his only chance.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:I've got a couple of ideas.

:lol:

I have serious concerns for Jetta. His problems are 100% above his shoulders. I really don't know if he is mentally tough enough to succeed.

The only glimmer of hope he has is a team mate by the name of Ricky Dyson. He has shown how things can change significantly once you grit your teeth and work hard on application. But by and large, Leroy has shown diddley squat while he's been at the club. It's time he started showing something or it could be curtains.
Essendunny
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Quality? When has he ever shown anything remotely close to quality?
He is an ordinary kick at best, can't mark above his head, fumbles the ball ALL the time (worse than Alwyn) and gives away as many DUMB free kicks as Dean Solomon and Adam McPhee put together.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Ossie wrote:

He is an ordinary kick at best, can't mark above his head, fumbles the ball ALL the time (worse than Alwyn) and gives away as many DUMB free kicks as Dean Solomon and Adam McPhee put together.
ANZAC Day 2009
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Sismis wrote:
Ossie wrote:

ANZAC Day 2009
10 possessions, a goal, and a fumble in the goal square does not a career make.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

He's gone backwards a bit this year but he's quality. Rounds 14-16 last year he was superb. This year he's suddenly dropping chest marks. He's clearly struggling being away from home (not the first aboriginal kid to struggle with that) and it's affecting his confidence and his football.

Ossie, get yourself a tape of R14 2008 vs Freo if you don't think he's shown anything.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

andrewb wrote:He's gone backwards a bit this year but he's quality. Rounds 14-16 last year he was superb. This year he's suddenly dropping chest marks. He's clearly struggling being away from home (not the first aboriginal kid to struggle with that) and it's affecting his confidence and his football.

Ossie, get yourself a tape of R14 2008 vs Freo if you don't think he's shown anything.
If we have to go back more than 12 months to find him playing a decent game, do you really think he has a role to play?
In six games this year he has kicked one goal and averaged 12 possessions.
His career best for disposals is 16.
It's just not good enough.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Ossie wrote:10 possessions, a goal, and a fumble in the goal square does not a career make.
His tackling in the last 5 min won us the game. If he can reproduce that sort of desperation he is worth keeping.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Wow - leroy showed something 14 months ago ... !

Personally If I was responsible for list management i would allow 1 project player...
But you can't have a whole list full of Laycocks, Jetta's, and other project players...Dyson was successful but we've persisted with others who gave us nothing. Personally one or two good performances a year is not enough .. no matter how much potential. Cupido had potential and so do half a million other players who are running around in lower grades.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Sismis is 100% correct. Leroy won us the Anzac Day game. Won't deny he was shit for the other 115 minutes but I can tell you right now that had he have kicked that goal then it would be "David who?". Clever snap for the first, great tackle to set up Dyson's second and then had the chance to seal it but fumbled.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

andrewb wrote:Sismis is 100% correct. Leroy won us the Anzac Day game. Won't deny he was shit for the other 115 minutes but I can tell you right now that had he have kicked that goal then it would be "David who?". Clever snap for the first, great tackle to set up Dyson's second and then had the chance to seal it but fumbled.
So are we summarising his entire year's achievements so far into five minutes on Anzac Day?
He ain't good enough.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

There's a fair bit of "glass half full" and "glass half empty" in this thread but I would point out that those of the "half full" persuasion wouldn't back a horse that ran part of a good race every 12 months or so.

The problem for Leroy as I see it is that apart from his lack of confidence, he is just too damn small. He doesn't appear to have built up at all since he arrived at the club and that makes it even harder for him to compete at the AFL level.

He has now been on the list for three seasons and he is still to make a meaningful impact. He is nowhere near being in our best 22 and therefore must be on thin ice come contract renewal time.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

andrewb wrote:Sismis is 100% correct. Leroy won us the Anzac Day game. Won't deny he was shit for the other 115 minutes but I can tell you right now that had he have kicked that goal then it would be "David who?". Clever snap for the first, great tackle to set up Dyson's second and then had the chance to seal it but fumbled.
Don't know which Anzac day game you were watching but the one I was at.. saw leroy getting pushed off the ball at every contest, dropping marks and fumbling all the time. His massive 10 possessions were link passes but I suppose you and Sismis are right... his two tackles won the game for us...It wasn't Paddy's 500 hitouts or Watson's 30 possessions....

And if you have a closer look I think you'll find that "David Who" is an absolute gun. Compare his stats as a first year player to that Leroy's. I think you'll find it's actually "Leroy Who"... Zaha had a number of 2 and 3 baggers this year and on a couple of occasions could have had a 5 bagger if he kicked straight. This kid will be our next Mercuri and you can quote me on that .

Back to Leroy Who.... Ozzie is right... for all his "potential" he hasn't done anything.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Didn't he kick 2 goals on debut? All downhill from there. :roll:

IMO shown enough (eg. a little on Anzac Day) to hold onto for next year (last year of his contract I believe) but if he doesn't stop fumbling and not getting any kicks, goodbye.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.