Like every Bomber my age.....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Like every Bomber my age.....

Post by robbie67 »

I hate those fcks. It was a thing of beauty when Lloydy ironed out that little prick at the start of third quarter. I felt nothing but unrestrained joy. It was a great selfless act of a captain struggling, and looking to have an impact to keep our season alive anyway he could. I was so proud of him. I only wish he had hit him even harder. I have been critical of Lloyd as a captain, but that one act made him magnificent today.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Like every Bomber my age.....

Post by Windy_Hill »

I am with you on this one Rob - will probably miss the chance to enjoy one more final but can take great credit for getting his team going

And yes, I sat through every game against those Shit and Vomit pricks during the 80's
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

It reminded me of his hit on Cornes - glorious......
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

In my opinion, Lloyd knew he was well and truly off the boil...and that bump on Sewell was a statement to tell the boys to wake up and attack the ball....

Im sure he didn't have any malice in it...that being said...he will get the same result as Franklin. Which would seem fair.
The Watson Factor....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha....just heard Campbell Brown throw down the gauntlet to Lloyd to play on next year. Reckons he's gonna go after him and give him what he deserves. I hope Lloyd does play on and smack that f***wits teeth down the back of his throat. Hmm, yes, you might have a long memory you turd, but you won't remember a f***'n thing when he knocks your lights out.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:Haha....just heard Campbell Brown throw down the gauntlet to Lloyd to play on next year. Reckons he's gonna go after him and give him what he deserves. I hope Lloyd does play on and smack that f***wits teeth down the back of his throat. Hmm, yes, you might have a long memory you turd, but you won't remember a f***'n thing when he knocks your lights out.
Why didn't he just do it today...they both spent a lot of time on the ground after the incident....maybe he just talks a good talk :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Haha....just heard Campbell Brown throw down the gauntlet to Lloyd to play on next year. Reckons he's gonna go after him and give him what he deserves. I hope Lloyd does play on and smack that f***wits teeth down the back of his throat. Hmm, yes, you might have a long memory you turd, but you won't remember a f***'n thing when he knocks your lights out.
Why didn't he just do it today...they both spent a lot of time on the ground after the incident
Because it's a lot easier to run off the ground after the game, put a set of headphone on, and talk tough on radio
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Brown comes from a family of c****, so no suprise the way he conducts himself. He is a very very ordinary footballer who will probably run home to his dad tonight crying that Lloydy took a cheap shot when that little c*** has been taking it others all night.

And though I am younger than you blokes, I hope Brereton felt that hit on Sewell so hard it went down to his tiny little penis and any future kids he spawns are shaken by it.

Though I was seven I remember the 1989 SF and his hit on Van Der Haar
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

Hawks, were the best team of 2008, and now will get a decent draft pick this year. With a good of injuries next year, they will be very hard to get near. Hodge is an absolute gun.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bpdons wrote:Hawks, were the best team of 2008, and now will get a decent draft pick this year. With a good of injuries next year, they will be very hard to get near. Hodge is an absolute gun.
were not the best team of 2008, Geelong easily, just better on the day that mattered... i don't know how old their list is but im not all that scared of their winning ability, just not intimidated by them
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bpdons wrote:Hawks, were the best team of 2008, and now will get a decent draft pick this year. With a good of injuries next year, they will be very hard to get near. Hodge is an absolute gun.
Well then they may want to get 2 decent backmen and a decent ruckman because the ones they have are rubbish.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Well then they may want to get 2 decent backmen and a decent ruckman because the ones they have are rubbish.
Also a captain that will put his head over the ball...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Hodge did the best for them in the ruck yesterday. :P
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Lloydy took one for the team (or gave one)

Totally selfless act which turned the game around and exposed hawthorn for what they are.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark