The Lloyd Defence

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

The Lloyd Defence

Post by MH_Bomber »

I just had another look at the hit on Sewell and I reckon Sewell was actually knocked out when he hit Ryder's shoulder after the initial bump.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Madden
Club Captain

Re: The Lloyd Defence

Post by Madden »

Don't you love the Hawthorn supporters bitching. Only a few days ago they wanted to "save the bump!" They were bitching and moaning that "the bump is dead!"....
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

MH_Bomber wrote:I just had another look at the hit on Sewell and I reckon Sewell was actually knocked out when he hit Ryder's shoulder after the initial bump.
na sorry clearly it was the impact with lloyd that did it. there was 1 angle that confirmed it
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He's goneski, but from what I saw, it wasn't a "hip & shoulder". The way it looked was that Lloyd charged in with both hands outstretched to gather the ball, but his shoulder collided with Sewell's head in the process. So what I'm saying is that it wasn't Lloyd's intent to bump into Sewell, his intent was to gather the ball (from Sewell).
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

lets just hope Lloyd, Knights and Essendon fight this charge 100%, Lloyd looked like he'd conceded yesterday but i really hope he fights like hell. i hope the tribunal don't get influenced by franklins ban last week and take it on it's merits.

also hope Essendon hit back hard! we don't take this shit, need to call Hawthorn on their bullshit! us fans need the EFC to show passion on this incident!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

No Defence.....he is gone!
Will go under the Maxwell Rule!
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Seriously, what did Lloyd do wrong? Going on the Ch10 footage I saw, Lloyd goes to get the ball front on & slides away from Sewell who fumbles & connects with Lloyd's shoulder. May as well ban contests.

The Atkinson report was even more rubbish. Reported for an arse to the footy.

& Hodge should be reported for being a wanker. Walks around like he has a permanent injury just so people think he's courageous. Throws his head back whenever an arm gets within a foot of his head.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote:... from what I saw, it wasn't a "hip & shoulder". The way it looked was that Lloyd charged in with both hands outstretched to gather the ball, but his shoulder collided with Sewell's head in the process. So what I'm saying is that it wasn't Lloyd's intent to bump into Sewell, his intent was to gather the ball (from Sewell).
Also consider the added momentum from the Schoenmaker shove and the verdict isn't so obvious. There will be good argument at this sitting. These sittings of the tribunal would be good televised I reckon.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

It would be termed 'reckless' and 'high' with 'high impact'. Would be 3 weeks no?

I didn't see too much in it. But under law it is wrong. I think Lloyd went out there to show some aggression for the ball by hitting the contest hard, he wanted to ruffle some hawthorn feathers (no pun intended) and would've gone to bump the shit out of Sewell but he put his head over the ball and Lloyd was farked from that moment on. God are my non-Essendon supporter mates are so angry with Lloydy. :lol: I love it. Biggest over reaction this incident, it's only because of Buddy incident and an experienced player in Lloyd. Wonder if it was Atkinson or a younger player if this incident would be it be as overhyped. Whatever, 3 weeks for Lloyd I'm tipping and it doesn't bother me, under law he should get that. Imagine if he got off lightly, all hell would break loose.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote:... from what I saw, it wasn't a "hip & shoulder". The way it looked was that Lloyd charged in with both hands outstretched to gather the ball, but his shoulder collided with Sewell's head in the process. So what I'm saying is that it wasn't Lloyd's intent to bump into Sewell, his intent was to gather the ball (from Sewell).
Also consider the added momentum from the Schoenmaker shove and the verdict isn't so obvious. There will be good argument at this sitting. These sittings of the tribunal would be good televised I reckon.

Loved Hamilton's 4 point response in the media this morning. Excellent support, and took no shite from the hypocritical Hawforlorn thug backpocket mentality.
JumboPaddy wrote:Imagine if he got off lightly, all hell would break loose.
I'd like to see that!
Last edited by F111 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Got Pushed as clearly shown and went hard at the ball...
Hit Sewell in the head due to the fact that Sewell lowered his head in the process...
For Brown to come out and call Lloydy a Sniper you total dickhead...

Hawthorn are the biggest bunch of whinging whining wankers...

Clearly Lloydy will go for I reckon 2 weeks but to call him a sniper well you soft moron...
Hide behind your Mother as she probably has more balls than you...

Grow up and grow a set...

what may help Lloydy is the fact that his eyes were for the ball only... Had no previous oppurtunity to tackle... After the game to Lloydy and Sewell - talking friendly to each other...

I didn't believe Buddy deserved to go but it certainly helped us...
Lloydy well time will tell I guess...

WELL DONE BOMBERS!!!
Truly showed some spirit that It does bleed for the club... =D>
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The PUSH from SCHOENMAKER is CRUCIAL to the Case.

Precedent ain't good if the MICHAEL JOHNSON one from his own team mate is any example.But then again,a DELIBERATE Push from his opponent and it could be Argued,that the COLLISION was Unavoidable.

Our Case HAS to be VERY CAREFULLY CONSIDERED and if we Get this Right,LLOYDY will be playing next week.BUDDY could have got off,but guess who made a MEAL of it?HAWTHORN of course.BLAMING EVERYONE But themselves. :roll:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

You see lloyd being clearly pushed in the back at 0.10 secs thus forcing him to canon into Sewell.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

GORN!!

Hit him in the head when bumping its a very simple rule that they bought in, it was tested within the last week, and whether it should exsist or not doesnt matter.

NO excuse or defense is going to help him.
rednblack
Top Up Player

Post by rednblack »

It all revolves around the choices the player had. as correctly stated by others here lloyd is visibly propelled forward by a push he may not have had a choice to do anything.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Comparing it to the Franklin one is wrong. It was much more like the Lloyd- Judd clash last year as the contact was front on. The argument will obviously be that he was pushed and his arms were out to get the ball.

Did everyone see Hodge hit Lloyd in that footage, that little prick should be reported for 3-4 counts of striking Lloyd, Ryder and Lonergan.