Anyone going?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Anyone going?

Post by BERT »

Anyone going to the game on Friday night? I'll be there. Flying out Friday morning and back Sat night.

I'll probably spend most of Friday in the Rosemont in Hindley st.
Ossie
Club Captain

Re: Anyone going?

Post by Ossie »

BERT wrote:Anyone going to the game on Friday night? I'll be there. Flying out Friday morning and back Sat night.

My and a couple of mates are going over.
Avoid Hindley St and especially the Rosie - last time I was there in April a bloke got shot in the doorway. That's Adelaide for ya.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

We're roadtripping it! There is no way I am missing out on our first final in 5 years!
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

Two weeks ago I organised my meetings in Adelaide this week for mid-week so I could get back for what I thought would be the Carlton Essendon elimination final.
Bugger :evil:
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

id love to go but job wont allow it at the moment :( have fun guys! make up a sign for us all too look for haha
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Ossie wrote:
BERT wrote:Anyone going to the game on Friday night? I'll be there. Flying out Friday morning and back Sat night.

My and a couple of mates are going over.
Avoid Hindley St and especially the Rosie - last time I was there in April a bloke got shot in the doorway. That's Adelaide for ya.
Nah I love the Rosie. Went over for the last Ashes test played in Adelaide and spent hours in there. Great pub.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Lorrie the bar lady is an Essendon fan. Just say you're in Adelaide to watch the Bombers and you should be fine.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

Me being the lovely fabulous awesome wife that I am, surprised hubby and number one son (9yr old) with tickets and motel booking this afternoon when they got home. :D Very happy boys at present, should be some great father son bonding time spent in the car and son's first final will be very memorable (hopefully for all the rights reasons)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Lenni wrote:Me being the lovely fabulous awesome wife that I am, surprised hubby and number one son (9yr old) with tickets and motel booking this afternoon when they got home. :D Very happy boys at present, should be some great father son bonding time spent in the car and son's first final will be very memorable (hopefully for all the rights reasons)
RESPECT!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

organised my tickets today, so will be there chearing the boys on
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Lenni wrote:Me being the lovely fabulous awesome wife that I am, surprised hubby and number one son (9yr old) with tickets and motel booking this afternoon when they got home. :D Very happy boys at present, should be some great father son bonding time spent in the car and son's first final will be very memorable (hopefully for all the rights reasons)
Divorce him, marry me!!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

=D> =D> =D> =D>
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Awesome. Best wife ever.
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

aaawwwww, shucks guys...thanks for all the credit :oops: , but it's serioulsy not the nicest thing I have ever done. :D Anyway, to all of you going, I hope my gut is right (I have a good feeling) and look out for my boys while they are deep in enemy territory. You should all exchange seat numbers etc.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Got tickets and flights sorted (finally!) today ... we're in Bay 122 (which as I understand it will be next to our cheersquad) Row P. Not bad I reckon.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

A mate of mine rang me yesterday asking if I was going over to watch the game saying we should catch up a for a drink, this was starnage as he lives 5 minutes from me in Gladdy Park and he follows Carlton!

Then he went on to tell me that the Glenroy Football club has there end of season footy trip this weekend in Adelaide and 20 of them are heading into the city of churches...I silently thought to myself THANK GOD i'm not going over!!!!
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

Ossie wrote:Got tickets and flights sorted (finally!) today ... we're in Bay 122 (which as I understand it will be next to our cheersquad) Row P. Not bad I reckon.
Hi Ossie, the tickets I got hubby and son are the same as yours, bay 122, row P, they are in seats 5&6, i shall apologise in advance for their behaviour....it all stems from passion :P .
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Lenni wrote:
Ossie wrote:Got tickets and flights sorted (finally!) today ... we're in Bay 122 (which as I understand it will be next to our cheersquad) Row P. Not bad I reckon.
Hi Ossie, the tickets I got hubby and son are the same as yours, bay 122, row P, they are in seats 5&6, i shall apologise in advance for their behaviour....it all stems from passion :P .
We're in seats 1,2 and 3, so will keep an eye out for your boys. =D> Don't worry about behaviour, I get the worst case of white-line fever ever whether it's playing or watching, so I will apologise in advance for myself! :lol:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

We're bay 122 Row M Seats 2-3

I'll be hard to miss I have a black and red mohawk...wig (featured in the ANZAC match soread in bomber magazine!)
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

and despite the crowd of 50,000 people, plus sitting at opposite ends of the ground, I bump into Sismis not only before the game, but after the game as well! freaky!!