A prediction from back in July from a blog on Age website

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
brad
Top Up Player

A prediction from back in July from a blog on Age website

Post by brad »

OK people. Get ready for it. Here is the scoop you've been waiting for.

The Bombers will win the flag in 2009. And they will do it from 8th spot, the first team to ever do so.

This is not a prediction, this is reality. I write this direct from the future, because i am hacking not a computer, but time itself. It's Septermber 26, just gone 6pm, and, Essendon just beat St Kilda in the Grand Final by 13 points.

It was a great final series, with 2 draws, and 2 wins by 1 point. Geelong went out in straight sets, and Essendon lucklly played against teams it was well suited to.

This is how it played out:

1 St Kilda
2 Geelong
3 Collingwood
4 W Bulldogs
5 Bris Lions
6 Adelaide
7 Carlton
8 Essendon

Essendon went on to beat Brisbane, Bulldogs, Collingwood and then St Kilda in the GF.

Wow, i was amazed. I'm now logging into my TAB account (in the past, your present) to load up on the dons. By the time i finish writing this, i should be $1,000,000 richer.

On the sunday after the GF, read the paper and you'll hear about the guy who won a million. Thats me.

Cheerio

MM

Well obviously this can't take place exactly the same as predicted (and it was from back in July), however, swap Brisbane and Adelaide.

Not getting carried away at all but bloody hell I'd love to at least make it through to the 2nd week of the finals.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Re: A prediction from back in July from a blog on Age website

Post by Boyler_Room »

Pity we're playing Adelaide (who finished 5th) and not Brisbane... nice dream though.

The Dogs and Collingwood need to be swapped as well.

It's not impossible, but very unlikely, especially given the potential outs we could have after the MRP have finished watching the tape.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Good luck Brad, hope I do hear about you winning a million.

But....we play Adelaide next week not Brisbane.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

:roll: Don't any of you people time travel? Everyone knows there are often slight fluctuations in the space/time continuum which can result in anomalies such as the displacing of Collingwood, Doggies and Brisbane Adelaide. Accidentally stepping on a butterfly for example can have noticiable repurcussions!

The good news is that big events are generally stabilised due to the localised, highly concentrated, large amount of emotion. They act as a type of temporal anchor. Thus the actual GF winner will most likely remain the same.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Ha... wouldn't that be terrific :mrgreen:
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Sismis wrote::roll: Don't any of you people time travel? Everyone knows there are often slight fluctuations in the space/time continuum which can result in anomalies such as the displacing of Collingwood, Doggies and Brisbane Adelaide. Accidentally stepping on a butterfly for example can have noticiable repurcussions!
Probably my favorite Simpsons Halloween episode ever.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

so which 1 of you invented the time travelling toaster? And the more important question - did it burn the toast?
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

If you don't have a time traveling toaster, another option is acid tabs.
If you get a good one, you can go all the way back to the '60s. A bad one will take you to the late '80s. Still not bad.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.