Ash Hanson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Ash Hanson

Post by robbie67 »

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we are looking at this bloke ......apparently.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Ash Hanson

Post by Jazz_84 »

why? where was this?

is he any good? don't really know what he's like, i never thought he was that good
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Has a history of hamstring problems. Was there under McKormick so he obviously couldn't solve them.

He is 26, going onto 27 next year. Do we need him? He is a bit old.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

It was stated in the Herald Sun that both us and the Blues are interested in him... cant see why. He wants to stay at the Eagles apparently.

With Neagle, Gumbleton, Hurley and Daniher... nah the Blues can have him.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Don't need him, don't want him.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

He has had heaps of opportunities with the budgies and has failed to deliver on any sort of consistent basis (even when injury free).

He would not improve us at all.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

very average player, and we are well catered for his position for the next decade.
Crap rumour
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Spud of the highest order. Couldn't cut it for West Coast when they were in desparate need of a key forward and he had a midfield of Judd, Cousins and Kerr delivering it to him.

If we are looking at him I hope it for no other reason than the Scum are interested in him and we are trying to drive up his price on them.

In other news I hear we are also looking at Ricky Mott. :D :D
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Bahahahahahahaha! Funniest thing I have heard in a long time.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

He's a KPP who can't get a game in a team completely devoid of KPPs.

No.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I'd like to see 4 filth.

Ready made ruck, maybe trade for one from another club, depending on who is available at what price, or scour the VFL, WAFL, SNAFL for an older ready made ruck. We need cover, we have been exposed in the ruck this year, and really have been lucky that Ryder has been able to step up as well as he has.

It is just too risky to rely on a 28 year old coming back from a knee reco (Hille), a bloke who has shown very little and has stress fractures of the feet (Laycock), a young bloke that is ready for this level (Bellchambers), the stick insect (Bock) and Ryder. We need someone else who as cover.

Then I would be looking to draft another long term ruck prospect, another inside mid and then the best available player.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Niioooooooooooo.

That was supposed to be an impression of Martin Freeman's character in 'Hot Fuzz'.
(here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8npX7qL1IQ at about 45 seconds).
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

I have heard some family members of his say that he really wants to come home because of the shithouse culture at the Eagles that still hasn't changed.

He's a prime candidate for the Bulldogs.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

ealesy wrote:I'd like to see 4 filth.

Ready made ruck, maybe trade for one from another club, depending on who is available at what price, or scour the VFL, WAFL, SNAFL for an older ready made ruck. We need cover, we have been exposed in the ruck this year, and really have been lucky that Ryder has been able to step up as well as he has.

It is just too risky to rely on a 28 year old coming back from a knee reco (Hille), a bloke who has shown very little and has stress fractures of the feet (Laycock), a young bloke that is ready for this level (Bellchambers), the stick insect (Bock) and Ryder. We need someone else who as cover.

Then I would be looking to draft another long term ruck prospect, another inside mid and then the best available player.
If you want another ruckman like your are talking about then we are not going to get that from the draft other wise it will be another 3-4 years before there is any significant return. we'd need a ready made ruckman.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

If we get anyone from another club it is either another CHB so Hurley can play forward, or a decent midfielder to bolster our own midfield.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

nomolos wrote:

If you want another ruckman like your are talking about then we are not going to get that from the draft other wise it will be another 3-4 years before there is any significant return. we'd need a ready made ruckman.
With 39 on a list, how many ruckman do you want on a list? We have lost our first 2 ruckman for the whole season, you cant plan for that sort of luck.
Next year we will have Hille, Ryder, Laycock, Bellchamber, Bock. Laycock will not get a game unless Hille or Ryder get injured. Ryder will rest up forward, further pushing laycock back to the 2's.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

Filthy wrote:

Yep no arguements from me Ealsey.....just can't see the 3 delistings plus Scotty. Nash, Magin, Williams???
Laycock is a definite delisting. As you said "a bloke who has shown very little and has stress fractures of the feet." He cant run, he cant kick, we wouldnt miss him for a second, so thats one plus Lucas....
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

The Don wrote:....

Laycock is a definite delisting. As you said "a bloke who has shown very little and has stress fractures of the feet." He cant run, he cant kick, we wouldnt miss him for a second, so thats one plus Lucas....
contracted 2010.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rossoneri wrote:If we get anyone from another club it is either another CHB so Hurley can play forward, or a decent midfielder to bolster our own midfield.
Yep that sounds about right.

Will the club be holding onto draft picks or trade them do you think??
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Have to hold onto our first one, unless we get two good players who are under 21 (unlikely).

I reckon we will probably hold onto a lot of our players as well, not many teams will trade their 1st round as it is the last of the uncompromised drafts.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley