Quinn

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Quinn

Post by nathanskinner »

is shit. pass it on
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Quinn

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

is very much a develpment player and really shouldnt have been included tonight, Jetta would have been more productive. To miss a goal from not even 1m out is just embarrassing.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

needs to practice practice practice in the off-season, will be a handy player eventually but nothing special...
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Geezus, he hadnt even played a game 12 months ago. He could be anything.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Oh my god, lets whinge whinge whinge and player bash. It's his first ****** year, WOW he missed the easiest of goals but I've seen 200 game players miss goals like that.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Believe it or not ... not our worst tonight. He will learn. But at least he kept trying. Suspect that his game will be contrasted by the Crow's ruck dominance and the "what ifs" if TB had been included.

Cheers - STI
Last edited by s'dreams on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

What are you, f****** twelve?

Quinn shouldn't have even been out there tonight, came in as emergency. They can't all be Hurley's, leave the lad be. I'm happy to give him time to prove himself before I start judging him. He's played a handful of games this year, certainly not enough to be casting judgement like that.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

and that is why he needs to practice game situations, i love the kid, awesome energy, but needs to work hard no-one can argue with that
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

i understand he could be good. But you do not put a player like that at this stage of his development in a finals side. Playing a ruckmen would have been better. Its a rare sight to see a player miss from 30cm out. Commetti was laughing ton a couple of occasions when he went near it. That calmed me down alittle.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Nathanskinner - is shit

Pass it on

Oh sorry, everyone already knows this
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

nathanskinner wrote:i understand he could be good. But you do not put a player like that at this stage of his development in a finals side. Playing a ruckmen would have been better. Its a rare sight to see a player miss from 30cm out. Commetti was laughing ton a couple of occasions when he went near it. That calmed me down alittle.
Don't quote Denis - he laughs eveytime Essendon is being humiliated

Have a look at number 20's 2nd half - before you start bagging a bloke who looks like he gives a shit!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Harsh to single him out. Found space in our forward 50 several times which is a rare sight.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well he aint ready for AFL quite yet - let alone a final. Selectors fault, not his. He tries his guts out though - no question. But tonight you saw 2 players out of their depth in finals atmosphere - Quinn and Atkinson.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:Well he aint ready for AFL quite yet - let alone a final. Selectors fault, not his. He tries his guts out though - no question. But tonight you saw 2 players out of their depth in finals atmosphere - Quinn and Atkinson.
That may be so but I'll take the effort of those two tonight ahead the performances of the likes of Lovett, Monfries, Slattery and Stanton (and please, nobody quote Stanton's stats to me...he did f*** all after quarter time)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Well he aint ready for AFL quite yet - let alone a final. Selectors fault, not his. He tries his guts out though - no question. But tonight you saw 2 players out of their depth in finals atmosphere - Quinn and Atkinson.
That may be so but I'll take the effort of those two tonight ahead the performances of the likes of Lovett, Monfries, Slattery and Stanton (and please, nobody quote Stanton's stats to me...he did f*** all after quarter time)
This.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

nathanskinner wrote:is shit. pass it on
agree.

but really not his fault he is selected.

if he is getting a game ahead of Myers or Daniher then I can only assume Knights has no f****** idea what he's doing.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
Well true enough........

.......although I thought Stanton was good for more than a quarter.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Well true enough........

.......although I thought Stanton was good for more than a quarter.
I'll agree to disagree with you there BD...to me, he was a major disappointment.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote: I'll agree to disagree with you there BD...to me, he was a major disappointment.
Just in case you're wondering about the stats :lol: ......

24 disposals (the most along with NLM), 1 goal, 1 goal assist, 3 i50's, 96% disposal efficiency.
Essendunny
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Quinn is a victim of circumstance. Wouldn't have played (obviously) if Bellchambers was selected, or if Lonergan was available, if x player wasn't injured, etc etc.

But this kid is all potential. For a player who was initially rejected by Ricky f***stick Nixon, he's improved out of sight this year. The pre-season will do him a world of good.