Lovett wants out?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Lovett wants out?

Post by gringo »

If so, good riddance. His last month of football was a disgrace. We'd get something decent for him too I'd imagine. Clearly his heart (if he's got one) isn't in it at Essendon.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 32,00.html
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: Lovett wants out?

Post by danstar84 »

Knights on SEN this morning said that it was the first he had heard of it. Probably a leak by his manager to bump up his contract value.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yes Lovett was poor in the last month of the year...but his 2009 season as a whole was outstanding. We won many games this year due to his burst from the middle and running goals. I think Lovey will finish pretty high up in the B&F as well.

I would be very very disappointed if he gets traded. He is a required player in my opinion and deserves a 2 year deal.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

If he wants out then let him go.
Yes he had a fairly good 09 but lets not forget he was Damn lucky to be given another chance...
If his heart isn't in it then we are best off without him.
Having said that

I hope he stays and gets down to business and has aggod preseason to tear em a new 1 in 2010...

As for Lovett Murray Needs to pull his head in immediately. From reports he is heading down the same wayward track.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I know these sorts of stories are commonly leaked by player managers, but I wouldn't be surprised if he left. We went on a player-signing spree about 4 weeks ago. Why wasn't he signed then?

The rumour all year has been that he wants out.

Would be a massive loss IMO, especially if we didn't get anything for him.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

got to remember, he got 2 pretty bad corkies in a row leading up to the end of the year

if he goes ill be bitterly disappointed, he is a MAJOR factor to our game plan, i prey to god he stays with us!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

We simply cannot lose him.

Less consistant towards the end of the year, but even in bursts he is damaging. In the hawks game his goals got us back in it.

Give him a 3 year deal. I suspect that is what he is after.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Must be kept - is one of only a few genuine gamebreakers on our list. So what if he goes off the rails every now and then. Will finish Top 5 in the Chricton.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

If he goes, our gameplan would require someone like Courtney Dempsey to move into the midfield, which in turn would hurt the structure of our backline.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Yes, he's important and yes, I hope he stays

But if he leaves, we just need someone else to step up (a la Paddy this year when Hille went down)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Lovey is one of my favorite players to watch, but he looks lazy at times.

I noticed he was very poor in the last few games of the season too. He almost looked like he didnt care. We cannot let a club bend us over. We must not let lovett dictate to us either as to which club he wants to go to, esp if they arent willing to give adequately in return.

send him to the PSD if need be, just no getting screwed over by other clubs...esp the dawks. How the f*** can the dawks afford him anyway??? They just offered Gibson a 1mil 3 year deal. Plus they have alot of high profile good players on their list already. Surely they couldnt afford him.

Doesnt S. Burgoune want out of Port??? Maybe we make a straight trade???

Burgoune would fit nicely in our side. If Lovett wants to go f*** him. Little bitch.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

If LOVETT wants to head back to WA(more to play with EAST PERTH,than AFL from what I heard),get a GOOD TRADE,but NOT SPANGHER or NICOSKI.Too slow.Eagles 1st or 2nd Pick.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Real matchwinner. We cannot let him go.

Needs (another) serious kick up the arse. What more motivation do these guys need, FFS!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

f*** that I dont want a player that needs to be motivated. He shouldnt need a rev up. Get what we can now I say, the guy is trouble. He is 27, its our last chance to get something good in return.

If hes like this now imagine next year or in 2 years when we are trying to win a flag.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

grassy1 wrote:If LOVETT wants to head back to WA(more to play with EAST PERTH,than AFL from what I heard),get a GOOD TRADE,but NOT SPANGHER or NICOSKI.Too slow.Eagles 1st or 2nd Pick.
He isn't from WA, he is from Heidelberg.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

ealesy wrote:
grassy1 wrote:If LOVETT wants to head back to WA(more to play with EAST PERTH,than AFL from what I heard),get a GOOD TRADE,but NOT SPANGHER or NICOSKI.Too slow.Eagles 1st or 2nd Pick.
He isn't from WA, he is from Heidelberg.
He did play for East Perth though before being drafted...

I hope this is just a rumour and that we get news soon of Lovey signing on with the club for at least another 2 years.

Shaun Burgoyne would be nice but i read in the paper that he has knee problems and that might prevent a lot of clubs from approaching him about a move away from PA next season.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

It would be a loss definatley, however he's 27 and if another club is willing to give hime three years and he really doesn't want to be here, then there is a window of opportunity for us for a win/win.

I feel this year trading time will be a lot busier.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Must be kept - is one of only a few genuine gamebreakers on our list. So what if he goes off the rails every now and then. Will finish Top 5 in the Chricton.
I always though until this year that Dempsey should play on the wing.

But we could put Atkinson on the wing instead, or even play Myers, Zaharakis or even Houli instead. Even Quinn gives a massive crack all the time.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Lovett gone????

Post by BERT »

Restless Andrew Lovett eyes Essendon: Print Greg Denham | September 10, 2009
Article from: The Australian

ESSENDON midfielder Andrew Lovett wants a fresh start at another club one year after he went tantalisingly close to resurrecting his career with Geelong.

Lovett is out of contract at Windy Hill and is understood to be keen to be traded, with West Coast, Sydney, Hawthorn and Fremantle showing interest.

The Cats will not go down the Lovett path this year due to salary cap pressure on their star-studded list.

Last year, Geelong attempted to trade him in for his lightning-quick pace, but Essendon demanded too much in return and he stayed despite several falling-outs with coach Matthew Knights, which included two club suspensions for breaking team rules.

The Cats were preparing to secure Lovett last year for a second-round selection, but the Bombers upped the ante late in trade week and the deal fell through.

Lovett, 27, wants a three-year contract elsewhere after playing in 22 of the Bombers' 23 games in 2009. After an apparent kiss and make up with the club during the off-season, Lovett's form was outstanding early this year before it tapered off towards the end of the season.

However, he kicked 21 goals and averaged 21 possessions, up on his previous best average of 18 disposals in 17 games in 2008.

Lovett has played 88 games since making his debut in 2005.

While Richmond is expecting to have Ben Cousins re-signed by the end of this week, disgruntled Tigers defender Andrew Raines will attempt to kick-start his career in Brisbane later this year.

The first trade deal on October 5 will be between Richmond and Brisbane, which has agreed to exchange a third-round national draft selection for Raines, 23, who has not played for the Tigers since round nine. A spate of injuries and a lack of form has contributed to Raines playing just five games over the past two seasons, after he did not miss a senior game in 2006 and 2007.

Lions coach Michael Voss has given his blessing for the exchange involving Raines. West Coast is set to lose up to three out-of-contract players as well as Brent Staker, who has another year of his contract to run with the Eagles.

Ruckman Mark Seaby is certain to join Sydney, but so far specific details between the Eagles and the Swans have not been worked out.

Other Eagles players who are looking at options elsewhere include Mark Nicoski and Matt Spangher. The out-of-contract pair are managed by Colin Young.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett said yesterday the Eagles were hoping to keep Spangher, who played his best game for the season in round 22 against Richmond. He was a second-round selection in the 2005 national draft and played 11 games this year for a total of 18.

It is understood several clubs, including St Kilda, have sounded out Spanger's management about a move.

On Nicoski's future, Nisbett said: "It depends on what offers we get and what he wants to do."

Nicoski, who kicked the first goal in the 2005 grand final loss to Sydney, was restricted by injury to 13 games this season. He has played 81 games in six seasons since being elevated from the rookie list.

Seaby failed to be traded last season when he requested to be moved on for a better opportunity, but the Eagles have since improved their ruck strength by adding Nick Naitanui to support No1 big-man Dean Cox.

Meanwhile, Collingwood yesterday denied it would recruit Essendon captain Matthew Lloyd after a media report linked him to the Magpies should he end his career with the Bombers.

Collingwood assistant coach Mark Neeld said it would be highly unlikely that Lloyd's name would even be mentioned by the Pies in list management and recruiting discussions

"With respect to Matthew Lloyd who's an outstanding footballer, it hasn't been discussed at our football club," Neeld said.

"I would say it would be unlikely to be discussed that we would be targeting a 31-year-old captain of an opposition AFL club.

"We are looking at promoting youth and if you look at our forward line, it's quite a youthful area. I would highly doubt whether that's going to be discussed at our list management meetings, to be honest."

Essendon's general manager of football operations Paul Hamilton yesterday confirmed coach Matthew Knights and Lloyd would meet sometime over the next three days to determine whether the full-forward will play on.

"Despite significant public interest and media comment surrounding the captain's decision, the club and Lloyd agreed mid-year to meet post-season as part of the player review and list management process and nothing has changed," Hamilton said.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Lovett gone????

Post by Jazz_84 »

such a shame to see this, if anything id say he owes the club... maybe thats what 2009 was about?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals