No Lloyd

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

No Lloyd

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Did anyone see Lloydy at the Brownlow? As Captain he is invited but i failed to see him on our table.

Might not be anything in it ........ but ?

He could be chasing the burglers who robbed his house & stole his wife's wedding ring!!

Good to see Hirdy on our table.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: No Lloyd

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

No Lloydy wasnt there.... i can understand why (both with his contract situation and his home being robbed).

Watson, Licha, Stanton and Welsh were there.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Not to mention the fact he's got a newborn from only 2ish weeks ago
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

I was certain that if you were suspended you were Not invited.
I could be wrong though...
Fraz
Top Up Player

Post by Fraz »

stryper wrote:I was certain that if you were suspended you were Not invited.
I could be wrong though...
According to the AFL site list of invitees he was invited so I suppose being captain overrides being suspended? He was also suspended in 2007 and still went.

As others have said, with the combination of the new baby, not wanting to be hounded about his contract decision and then being burgled, I'm not surprised he wasn't there (although disappointed as Lisa is always one of the few elegant women there!)
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Fraz wrote:although disappointed as Lisa is always one of the few elegant women there!
Fraz, that has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on this website (and yes, that takes into account Bluey, The Bish and a few others...)

Having given birth in the last couple of weeks, I can virtually guarantee that she will not be 'feeling' elegant (though if they had gone, I am sure she would have done so...) and would most likely not fit into what I think you are referring to as 'an elegant outfit'...and yes, there is a difference between a woman that is still pregnant and a woman that has recently given birth...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Crazyman wrote:
Fraz wrote:although disappointed as Lisa is always one of the few elegant women there!
Fraz, that has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on this website (and yes, that takes into account Bluey, The Bish and a few others...)

Having given birth in the last couple of weeks, I can virtually guarantee that she will not be 'feeling' elegant (though if they had gone, I am sure she would have done so...) and would most likely not fit into what I think you are referring to as 'an elegant outfit'...and yes, there is a difference between a woman that is still pregnant and a woman that has recently given birth...
I dont think Fraz meant anything by his comments... just saying that Lisa is usually one of the more elegant ladies at the Brownlow, not that she should have been there just after giving birth.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Crazyman wrote:

I dont think Fraz meant anything by his comments... just saying that Lisa is usually one of the more elegant ladies at the Brownlow, not that she should have been there just after giving birth.
Fair enough Mrs Merc, maybe it was just how I read it, apologies Fraz if I misunderstood what you meant... :D
Fraz
Top Up Player

Post by Fraz »

Crazyman wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Crazyman wrote:

Fair enough Mrs Merc, maybe it was just how I read it, apologies Fraz if I misunderstood what you meant... :D
I can assure you Mrs Merc summed up what I meant perfectly (although I'm a her, not a him :P )
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Lloydy's Mrs looks like she has had her eye brows permanently stapled into the shape of the Golden Arches
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

[[/quote]
I can assure you Mrs Merc summed up what I meant perfectly (although I'm a her, not a him :P )[/quote]

LOL sorry Fraz... i just assume that most people who comment on this board are male!! Its great to have another female Bombertalker!!! vingertje
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hahaha......lol..........Fraz has come out of the closet!
Essendunny
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

crazyman, calm down bro...no need to sound off like that. I can see what the hell would set you off like that?

your name is crazyman, but you sounded like a chick with that little rant.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".