BILLY DUCKWORTH and NORTH BEACH Win 6 STRAIGHT

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

BILLY DUCKWORTH and NORTH BEACH Win 6 STRAIGHT

Post by grassy1 »

Done it again has BILLY(with brother JOHN watching),winning an INCREDIBLE 6 CONSECUTIVE FLAGS with the ALL CONQUERING NORTH BEACH COUGARS.

Done this time with a sad Touch in that one of his players CHRIS PERKIN had played his last game after a Family Tragedy of Proportions I can't begin to describe.

Still often wonder If BILLY Feels he has something to offer at WAFL or AFL Level.He must have,but is still quite happy with his BOYS at CHAS RILEY RESERVE.

WELL DONE BILLY and AGAIN,Kind regards Chris,from Simon.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: BILLY DUCKWORTH and NORTH BEACH Win 6 STRAIGHT

Post by billyduckworth »

Good coach, that man. :wink:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yep Billy,that he is.Or should I say,you are.Good to see your Brother John there.
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

Was actually at that game. I've been following the fortunes of North Fremantle for a few years now as I live just down the road. North Beach were just too strong all over the park. They've got some mighty amateur players in that side. I've stood near Billy Duckworth when he's coaching a North Beach game and the language is colorful to say the least. Word from one of my mates at North Freo is that Billy applied for the West Perth coaching job at the start of 2009 on the back of five consecutive flags and wasn't considered suitable, in part because of his boundary line manner.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

oh god what have you done visiting saint? haha Grassy is going to talk your eyes off he loves the western teams!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

Jazz_84 wrote:oh god what have you done visiting saint? haha Grassy is going to talk your eyes off he loves the western teams!

I like going to local footy. Would rather go to local footy (WAAFL) than the WAFL. It reminds of going to the VFA when I was a tacker. You can stand right on the boundary line close to the action and the standard at A Grade Ammos is pretty good. You can have a wander out on the ground to listen to the coaches and for someone like me who works in an office all week, it's good just to get outside in a local park for an afternoon. A quiet beer, a bucket of chips, sometimes I go with a mate and we have a kick at half time. I like it.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

that does sound pretty good actually, especially the chips part haha and listening to the coaches would be very interesting aswell
Kakadu Kangaroos
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

WESTERN?Hardly!

Love following CLUBS in PERTH with SOUTH/EASTERN Locations.Rare exceptions to the Rule would be Amateur Club WEMBLEY who lost the B GRade GRANNY be a Goal,but won the B Ressies.Missed it as WAFL Duties too me elsewhere.

Plenty for the WAFL to offer Saint.A few criticisms of my own,but GREAT COMP all the same.Love seeing AMMOS when I get the RARE Chance and SUNDAY LEAGUE until the Last GRAND FINAL in '08. :(
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

west of me at least :P
Kakadu Kangaroos
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

grassy1 wrote:WESTERN?Hardly!

Love following CLUBS in PERTH with SOUTH/EASTERN Locations.Rare exceptions to the Rule would be Amateur Club WEMBLEY who lost the B GRade GRANNY be a Goal,but won the B Ressies.Missed it as WAFL Duties too me elsewhere.

Plenty for the WAFL to offer Saint.A few criticisms of my own,but GREAT COMP all the same.Love seeing AMMOS when I get the RARE Chance and SUNDAY LEAGUE until the Last GRAND FINAL in '08. :(
Wembley will be back up in A Grade in 2010 along with Mt. Lawley. Hard to see anyone bridging the gap to North Beach if they keep the nucleus of their side together. There are some absolute quality players there. Pearce, Reimers, Heap, Holbrook. Pearce carved North Fremantle up in the GF. Do you go to WAFL games? If so, who do you follow? And who lost the Sunday league GF in 2008? Was it Kalamunda?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

visiting saint wrote:
grassy1 wrote:WESTERN?Hardly!

Wembley will be back up in A Grade in 2010 along with Mt. Lawley. Hard to see anyone bridging the gap to North Beach if they keep the nucleus of their side together. There are some absolute quality players there. Pearce, Reimers, Heap, Holbrook. Pearce carved North Fremantle up in the GF. Do you go to WAFL games? If so, who do you follow? And who lost the Sunday league GF in 2008? Was it Kalamunda?
Any realtion to Boots (Kyle)?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I didn't even know he had a brother Ealesy.

No Saint,it was KENWICK losing to GOSSIES last year and it was the Last.KALAMUNDA had already gone to the AMMOS a year or 3 previous.Now ALL but the last 7 have gone to SATURDAY,barring ARMADALE who joined the PEEL LEAGUE in it's CENTENARY YEAR and had a DISASTROUS YEAR.It remains to be seen what their Intentions are for next year,let alone IMMEDIATE FUTURE is.

KALAMUNDA Dominated HOME and AWAY in C Grade(Gold?)in LEAGUE and RESERVES only to be KNOCKED OFF in the BIG ONE.By 7 points to GOSNELLS in the LEAGUE after being UNDEFEATED ALL SEASON.How would you be losing the BIG ONE after that,eh? #-o MADDINGTON won their C Grade Division game with a WILD Finish to their GRAND FINAL against KINGSLEY and KELMSCOTT did likewise in D Grade with WINNIE ABRAHAM Coaching the side to success.

KENWICK after losing a few players to KALAMUNDA following last year's coach GARY ARMSTRONG,struggled in LEAGUE and RESSIES early,but recovered to at least make the Finals in both,getting knocked out in week 1 and 2 of LEAGUE and RESSIES Respectively.Didn't really keep TABS in CANNING/VIC PARK-SOUTH PERTH,but I believe they made the Finals in their Comp LEAGUE Wise and may have had a COLTS side do better.THORNLIE made the Finals at least once,but again BOMBED OUT at the Business end.

Absolutely go to WAFL Games Saint.PERTH is My CLUB since 1976.Been BLOODY HARD GOING,but despite the Odd DUMMY SPIT,would NEVER Consider Changing,nor aMERGER,nor RELOCATION,CERTAINLY NOT EXTINCTION.All Clubs have worked their ARSE OFF to improve the Interest in the Competition and Improved interest often leads to greater performance.Not always and there's certainly No guarantee(after I witnessed my side's SHOCKER against EAST PERTH on AUGUST 8 :oops: ) but the General STANDARD has been most SATISFACTORY and Some of the WA FOOTBALL PUBLIC have rediscovered their WAFL Roots.Overdoing it once on FOUNDATION DAY with TONY MICALE wearing a WOODEN SPOON in his NOGGIN'! :roll: :oops:

Still some work to do,highlighted by JARS on the Facilities side of things,despite the Improvement by many clubs there.