Rodan

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Rodan

Post by paddyl90 »

Not sure if theres another thread. If so re-direct me. He's training with us. That a sign?

What you think? Yes or No? Me I have no problem with him.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

no for me

i dont like taking players with knee reco's
he lost his fitness, stay away sheeds - not required
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

We are a club in need of fresh talent, not washed up, rejected junk that exists in the PSD and elsewhere. Best we steer clear from the rubbish tip and concentrate on the real treasure that may lay in the National Draft. We have enough ex-hacks on list at the moment.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

We should take him in PSD if he can put in a decent few weeks on the track. pacey and underated
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

No. Not the worst player and i wouldn't put on the garbage heap to the same extent of, say, a Jason Cloke or Luke Livingston, but still not what we need or are looking for.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Rodan I thought was unlucky to be delisted and I think he will find a new home.

His knee was a setback and as a result to Deledio's, Tambling's etc ended up in front of him in the pecking order.

Rodan does posses pace, does run straight, can kick goals and will run and carry the ball. He can however be frustrating and his decision making at times can leave the supporters scratching their heads.

If we are looking for a bit of midfield pace then he's definately worth looking at, but I wouldn't at this stage be promising anything to the boy as there is still another week until final lists are submitted and any unsigned players in dispute will surface.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Would add some much needed pace and ball carrying skills - hence he is getting a run at the moment with us.

Could be a good get, as long as his knee has been thoroughly checked by a number of doctors. Much rather have Rodan on the list than Henneman.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

I know he is quick and an exciting ball carrier but does he have foot skills. I still think what we lack most of all is polished disposal. Not concerned if he has lost a yard or so due to the knee as long as 1. He is fit to play and will not spend a season on the sidelines and 2. he can find the ball and deliver it lace out to forwards.

For mine, probably the best available so far and would hope that he is ahead of Henneman, but there is still time yet and a better option may yet come up in the next week.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yep, not wanted by Richmond, so Essendon must take him.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He's done one knee. One more to go.

He couldn't get a regular gig at Richmond, why would we want him? Our forward stocks are already very useful aren't they?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He isn't needed. Lovett will play the forward pocket role alot better.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

robrulz5 wrote:He isn't needed. Lovett will play the forward pocket role alot better.
Precisely. We also have Monfries, Dyson, and, at a push, Lovett-Murray who can all go forward.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Ben Doolan is on the money
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Tamworth Bomber wrote:Ben Doolan is on the money
No he's not and neither are you. Players leaving underperforming clubs can and often do add value to other clubs. And frankly, lets face it. He's come to Essendon, not West Coast. Hardly a move up!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
No he's not and neither are you. Players leaving underperforming clubs can and often do add value to other clubs. And frankly, lets face it. He's come to Essendon, not West Coast. Hardly a move up!
While you may be right there Windy, I don't see it as a positive step for us either. We just don't need him, crook knee or not.

Far better to get another kid with potential.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Windy_Hill wrote:We should take him in PSD if he can put in a decent few weeks on the track. pacey and underated
Correction. Overrated.

Thats a NO.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Has Andy Lovett left or something?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

*cough*CupidoAllOverAgain*cough*

Only not as much talent.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:
I fail to see how a player being delisted from a club who has struggled to achieve 3 fifths of FA in the last 20 odd years can have any successful input into our high achieving club that requires a good influx of talent.

You are misleading everyone by saying he is "leaving" the club because he is simply being discarded. There is a difference.
fordmania
Top Up Player

Post by fordmania »

Is Ben Jolley a PSD candidate? If so, then he is the better option IMO.
When does Beer taste the best? When it's for FREE!!!