Report on SEN

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Report on SEN

Post by merc_2 »

Just heard a report on SEN that an 19 yo Essendon footballer is currently in custody after an alleged assault of a taxi driver.... At this stage the player is unnamed.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Re: Report on SEN

Post by Doctor Fish »

A 19 yo from Rosanna... Who could that be?...
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Hurley #-o
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

That's what I was thinking Dan... #-o ](*,)
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Hope the driver is OK and that he's not facing serious charges.

Not good news, but I suppose if he's got a problem it's better we nip it in the bud now rather than later.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Only speculation at the moment. Will see what happens during the day.

Wouldn't take the work of SEN or a cabbie just yet.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Hurley lives in Rosanna. So does Zaharakis.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Just confirmed by Demitriou on 3AW (as advised by EFC).

Hurley. Alleged assualt.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

shit i thought it would be Hurley....

Especially after all the talk about Fev's alcohol fuelled stupidness this week, this isnt what the AFL or the EFC need. Lets hope it isnt serious... #-o [-X
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:shit i thought it would be Hurley....

Especially after all the talk about Fev's alcohol fuelled stupidness this week, this isnt what the AFL or the EFC need. Lets hope it isnt serious... #-o [-X
Hurley in police custody - currently being interviewed by police. Alleged assualt on an Indian taxi driver. It is reported that alcohol is involved.

Cheers - STI
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

How disappointing is this? Seriously...this all the club needs.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

merc_2 wrote:How disappointing is this? Seriously...this all the club needs.
All the more disappointing considering it is one of the young guns at the club, im really surprised that its Hurley actually.

Not what the club needs heading into trade week as well, we want players to choose our club and bad publicity like this wont help. :(
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Given Brumby is in India to reassure the Indian Government that Melbourne is safe for Indian students (and taxi drivers), as well as the AFL connection, this is guaranteed very high profile reportage.

Further details of incident at
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/essend ... 5779431981

Cheers - STI
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

AN Essendon player has been arrested after an altercation with a cabbie on Hoddle St early this morning.

Police said his morning that a 19-year-old from Rosanna has been arrested over an altercation with a cab driver in Hoddle St.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has told 3AW radio that the player in question is Michael Hurley.

The Herald Sun understands the player was picked up by a taxi outside a South Melbourne nightclub about 5.30 this morning and went to a Hungry Jacks in Hoddle St.

He left the taxi for some food and when the cabbie pursued him asking for his fare, the player kicked the driver in the groin and punched him.

Police were called arrested the player at the scene and took him to Fitzroy police station.

The cabbie received minor injuries in the incident.

In a statement, Essendon confirmed that one if its players was involved in an incident in the early hours of this morning.

"The club is investigating the facts of the matter and will make further comment later today," the statement read.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Staggy wrote:AN Essendon player has been arrested after an altercation with a cabbie on Hoddle St early this morning.

Police said his morning that a 19-year-old from Rosanna has been arrested over an altercation with a cab driver in Hoddle St.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has told 3AW radio that the player in question is Michael Hurley.

The Herald Sun understands the player was picked up by a taxi outside a South Melbourne nightclub about 5.30 this morning and went to a Hungry Jacks in Hoddle St.

He left the taxi for some food and when the cabbie pursued him asking for his fare, the player kicked the driver in the groin and punched him.

Police were called arrested the player at the scene and took him to Fitzroy police station.

In a statement, Essendon confirmed that one if its players was involved in an incident in the early hours of this morning.

"The club is investigating the facts of the matter and will make further comment later today," the statement read.
Looks like the Cabby attacked him and Hurley retaliated. I doubt the cabby was all nice and asked "excuse me sir, can I have my fare?" It would have been slightly more threatening than that. Same thing has happened to me before.
Last edited by Rossoneri on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

For f*cks sake, this is all we (EFC or the AFL) need.
If it's self defence (ie the cabbie came after him) well nothing to be seen here.
If it is unprovoked it's just not on. The boy is in real trouble. [-X
F*CK!
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Cabby picked the wrong guy, Hurley is very good on either foot.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:
Staggy wrote:AN Essendon player has been arrested after an altercation with a cabbie on Hoddle St early this morning.

Looks like the Cabby attacked him and Hurley retaliated. I doubt the cabby was all nice and asked "excuse me sir, can I have my fare?" It would have been slightly more threatening than that. Same thing has happened to me before.
Nothing in that article suggests the cabbie attacked him Rosso, it says he came after him asking for his fare. He might have been polite, or he might have been a c**t, but regardless there's no justification for Hurley hitting him.

Keep in mind that Police were on the scene pretty quick so I'm sure if the taxi driver assaulted Hurley he would be in custody as well.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I think the fact Hurley waited around suggests that there isn't much in it. if it were serious, most would have done a runna.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Or, more likely than not, the security guards at the HJs detained him until police arrived. Regardless, there will probably be security footage of the incident so I guess we'll know soon enough.

Also, I thought all fares were now pre-paid between 10pm and 6am?
Last edited by Madden on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.