3 Interstate Games in 2010?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

3 Interstate Games in 2010?

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Have heard ,on good authority that we have have 19 games in Melbourne next season.

As our record of success once we get on a plane is appalling this should ensure we have a few more wins therefore a solid final 8 position is achievable.
dom_105
Club Captain

Re: 3 Interstate Games in 2010?

Post by dom_105 »

That would be unbelievable.
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

All I can say is....PLEASE BE TRUE....

19 games in Melbourne sounds amazing!...needed some better news after hearing we draw Geelong in round 1..!
The Watson Factor....
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I can't recall any team only having 3 interstate trips. At least in the past 5-10 years.

Doubtful.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yep, and I heard from a golden source, that we play all the top 8 teams except Brisbane, twice, and the only bottom 8 team we play twice is Hawthorn. We will play once in Adelaide, Subiaco and Sydney. That will mean that Sydney have not played us in Melbourne for the 4th f***'n year in a row. By my reckoning, they have in fact only played us in Melbourne 4 times in the last 11 years while we have playd them in Sydney 11 times. What a f***'n joke that is. Absolutely absurd.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Ronny Rotten wrote:Have heard ,on good authority that we have have 19 games in Melbourne next season.

As our record of success once we get on a plane is appalling this should ensure we have a few more wins therefore a solid final 8 position is achievable.
A few more wins? Instead of going 4 times, we go three times, that's only one less game interstate.
Staggy wrote:I can't recall any team only having 3 interstate trips. At least in the past 5-10 years.

Doubtful.
Pretty sure Collingwood in 2007 only went 3 times (four if you count the final).
BenDoolan wrote:Yep, and I heard from a golden source, that we play all the top 8 teams except Brisbane, twice, and the only bottom 8 team we play twice is Hawthorn. We will play once in Adelaide, Subiaco and Sydney.
This part slightly concerns me. However, I would rather have a tough draw during the season than an easy one and come into the finals and be embarrassed like Collingwood have in the past 3 years.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!