Woosh and Smoke to leave?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Woosh and Smoke to leave?

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

This news certainly put a dampener on my morning.... surely the club will give these guys long term deals and not risk losing them for nothing. They are the old heads of the club now and their leadership over the next 3 or more years is going to be crucial... make it happen Bombers... :x

Im sure some other players havent re-signed yet either and i think Dyson is one of them.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

Is this Knights again?

The club has turned into an absolute rabble with this man at the helm. he needs to piss off!!!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Sign Welsh. Let McPhee go for nothing.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Give Welsh 3, however he should be reminded that the club stood by him during his severe injury this year!!!

McPhee , well i hear that he is undecided, whats new, 1 year, 2years, oh hell 3 years. What do i do?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Scott wrote:Is this Knights again?

The club has turned into an absolute rabble with this man at the helm. he needs to piss off!!!
How about you piss off?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

boncer34 wrote:

How about you piss off?
How about you go f*** yourself ya cock head, if you don't like what I write don't f****** read it!!!!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Scott wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

How about you piss off?
How about you go f*** yourself ya cock head, if you don't like what I write don't f****** read it!!!!
Well if you're going to dribble bullshit do it somewhere else.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Two players who will probably be fringe members of our best 22 in 2011, let alone 2012. McPhee played 21 games in 2009 and still only managed 9th in the Crichton Medal. He should be doing better than that at this stage of his career.

Two year deals are fair and reasonable. Any team prepared to offer more than that is crazy.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Welsh I would give 3 years too if it came down to it.
McPhee can leave, we don't need players who can't make a f****** decision.

Look at it this way, if these guys are in our best 22 in 2011-2012, have we really moved forward?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Scott wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

How about you piss off?

Deep breaths Scotty, deep breaths.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

2 years is all they should be given, seeing as neither of them have ever strung 2 good years together in their careers. Williams should never have been given 3. I hate that deal more and more every day.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Scott wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

How about you piss off?

Try writing something more than drivvle then idiot.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I dont know why football clubs cant offer performance based contracts to players whereby they get an automatic extension of their contract provided they are achieving certain KPI's (ie game time, disposals per game, B&F votes etc)

Offer Welsh and McPhee 2 years with a performance triggered 1 year extension. Surely they couldn't knock that back and it provides the club with some guarantees
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

The reason why they are both desperate for 3 year deals is the exact reason why we should only give them two years. Think about it.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Scott wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

How about you piss off?

According to who? Where has anyone involved with the club said anything that could possibly be used as evidence to back up your claim.

You are you simply basing your rant on what dickhead wankers in the media write in order to sell newspapers and spout on radio to win ratings!!

Just because we made a mistake in offering Mark Williams a 3 year deal, which we only did to entice him away from the Hawks, doesn't mean we should then make equally stupid mistakes in offering McPhee and Welsh 3 year deals.

I'm sorry, 2 year deals are the norm in this game, very good/oustanding players/highly promising youngsters get three years deals, absolute elites players of the comp might wrangle a 4 or even 5 (if their club are retarded) deals.

Welsh and McPhee are at best good players, who have been inconsistent over the course of their careers. 2 year deals are fair.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Meh.

McPhee is NOT worth 3 years. I would not be disappointed if he left. Pretty average most of the time.

If Welsh will only re-sign for 3 years, make the final year very performance based. We could still use his big body in the midfield.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

Me thinks they will sort out their differences, and come to an agreeable conclusion with both players staying at the club.

People on here are right in saying that they have been mediocre most recently in their careers, but are still required as leaders around the club....

I'm sure this will get sorted.
The Watson Factor....
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

if we lose Welsh then thats it for me, ill be on the wrong side of Knights if it happens... McPhee well not a great loss as he should really get pushed out of the side very soon anyway
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote:if we lose Welsh then thats it for me, ill be on the wrong side of Knights if it happens... McPhee well not a great loss as he should really get pushed out of the side very soon anyway
According to our B&F - he was the 9th best player in the club this year??? :shock:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Scott wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

How about you piss off?
Well that's just ******* impossible! How are you supposed to dislike something if you haven't read it?
Essendunny