7TWO

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

7TWO

Post by BenDoolan »

Sorry folks, it's already been shown (I was up late last night) and they showed the 1984 Preliminary Final v Collingwood at 4.00am. I'm not sure if they will show it during the day (I haven't got a TV guide), but it might be a good idea to keep this thread going to remind everyone of upcoming replays.

Just on the 1984 Prelim, what a glorious result that was. Absolutely smoked the Pies by 133 points. A few observations;

- Leon Baker was an absolute star. Amazing skills on both sides of the body, and a marvellous reader of the play. Can't believe Bobby Davis was such a severe critic of him. Bobby, you're a f***'n numbskull.

- Ron Andrews playing for Collingwood. Just didn't look or feel right. Kicked 3 of their 5 goals. It was amusing to see Billy Duckworth stand next to Ronnie and give him lip. Billy didn't try to physically rough him up though!

- Vander Haar was just having one of those days. Geez he was a super player when on song - strong hands, great long kick (with either foot!), and an accurate shot at goal.

- Mark Harvey's amazing bit of play in the 2nd quarter. He deliberately tapped the ball down on the foot of a Collingwood player next to the boundary line running at full tilt. He won the free kick for out on the full, and then calmly slotted a goal from the boundary line (right forward pocket) 35 metres out. =D>

- Glenn Hawker was just pure silk with his skills. Where has this talent gone these days where a player could dance around opponents with great baulking skills - dummying etc?

I'll keep an eye out for future Essendon games....
Essendunny
Royza
Club Captain

Re: 7TWO

Post by Royza »

Damn it, that's one I would've loved to watch!

Checked the guide:

2001 AFL Premiership Season
3.45am – 6am 7TWO Tuesday 26 January 2010

Catch all of the round 19 action when the Essendon Bombers clash with the Sydney Swans at Colonial Stadium.

That's the game where Alessio kicks the winning goal with 4 seconds left.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I went to that game. It was my 2nd ever game I went too :) . 7TWO play a shitload of Essendon games which are good :D

Bad news for this season is that we have Channel 7 for more than 1/2 our games this season. Thank God I'll be at each game besides 2/3 interstate games.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Just make sure you don't watch tonight replay, it will make you physically sick. They are replaying the 1990 Grand Final. If you do want to watch, takew note of the bullshit umpiring decisions in the 2nd Q where we got absolutely ripped. It was obvious that we were cast as the villians at the quarter time all in brawl.

Such a sad day. I thought we were going to cruise to victory that day. Salmon kicked the first two goals of the match. And then we only kicked another 3 for the remainder of the game. f***'n woeful.
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

^ I was born in December of that year so I am proud to say I haven't witnessed a Collingwood premiership :D
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Royza wrote:Damn it, that's one I would've loved to watch!
I have to say that I have not seen this game since the actual day it was played. I couldn't understand why this game was never available on "Name a Game" for purchase. Now they showed the entire match on 7TWO. What's with that?

The same goes for the 2nd Semi Final of 1984 - which has been touted as one of the best finals games EVER. Never been available for sale. Hoping they show that game soon....
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I've always wanted to watch the '84 Prelim, it's a game I've never had the priviledge of watching. Hopefully they will show it again some time.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

[quote="BenDoolan"]Sorry folks, it's already been shown (I was up late last night) and they showed the 1984 Preliminary Final v Collingwood at 4.00am. I'm not sure if they will show it during the day (I haven't got a TV guide), but it might be a good idea to keep this thread going to remind everyone of upcoming replays.

Just on the 1984 Prelim, what a glorious result that was. Absolutely smoked the Pies by 133 points. A few observations;

- Leon Baker was an absolute star. Amazing skills on both sides of the body, and a marvellous reader of the play. Can't believe Bobby Davis was such a severe critic of him. Bobby, you're a f***'n numbskull.

quote]

What a game. This as the game where at half time the announcement came over the PA at half time that "Collingwood supporters are advised that buses returning to Victoria Park will be departing in a few minutes" or words to that effect!! We absolutely pissed ourselves at that.

Baker was sensational in this game as was Vander. Leon got 6 and Vander 5. The Dutchmen took about 10 marks up to half time and would have taken more but went off with a shoulder. I believe that that contributed to his quiet game in the GF the following week. Madden's ruckwork was sublime and gave his rovers especially Williams, an armchair ride.

Duckworth on Rotten was a treat and Ronny was Collingwood's only real contributor. The biggest thumping I ever saw dished out to the woods by anyone..
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:
What a game. This as the game where at half time the announcement came over the PA at half time that "Collingwood supporters are advised that buses returning to Victoria Park will be departing in a few minutes" or words to that effect!! We absolutely pissed ourselves at that.

Baker was sensational in this game as was Vander. Leon got 6 and Vander 5. The Dutchmen took about 10 marks up to half time and would have taken more but went off with a shoulder. I believe that that contributed to his quiet game in the GF the following week. Madden's ruckwork was sublime and gave his rovers especially Williams, an armchair ride.

Duckworth on Rotten was a treat and Ronny was Collingwood's only real contributor. The biggest thumping I ever saw dished out to the woods by anyone..
It was good watching this game again. Funny listening to Peter Landy call "the Colliwobbles have set in again" - 10 minutes into the 1st quarter! And with our first goal in the 2nd quarter he called "Essendon have walked into next week's Grand Final". Hilarious stuff.

And if I'm not mistaken, I thought I heard Land say....

"I think John Cahill is about to shoot himself"

at some point during the 3rd of last quarter.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I'm annoyed I missed that one...would've recorded it.

Where are these replays advertised? Paper? Online?

edit: found it http://tinyurl.com/y8ow6bf

select 7ywo and scroll to the right.

EFC v Swans tomorrow am 3ish rd 19 ?year
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

7TWO
AFL Flashback Classics 1998 Round 18: Essendon v Carlton 3.45am – 6am 7TWO Monday 1 February 2010

FOXTEL
2009 Round 20, Essendon v St Kilda 5am – 7am FOX SPORTS 3 Monday 1 February 2010

Vote to watch us beat the scum Rnd 3, 2008: 8.30pm – 10pm FOX SPORTS 3 Tuesday 2 February 2010
http://signup.foxsports.com.au/competit ... sedayNight
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

7TWO are running a couple of games later this week. The 1984 Grand Final will be shown (I think on Thursday night / early Friday morning) - so those of you who have never seen it - set the tape, and watch that champ Leon Baker bring us home our 13th Premiership.

And I think on Friday night / early Saturday morning, they are showing our 1993 Qualifying Final v CArlton. We lost it by 2 points - with an injury depleted side. The beauty about this was that we were able to bounce back and defeat those faggots in the Grand Final. If you watch this game - look out for Greg Williams giving away a 100 metre penalty, and then Michael Symons missing a f***'n sitter [-X
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote: And I think on Friday night / early Saturday morning, they are showing our 1993 Qualifying Final v CArlton. We lost it by 2 points - with an injury depleted side. The beauty about this was that we were able to bounce back and defeat those faggots in the Grand Final. If you watch this game - look out for Greg Williams giving away a 100 metre penalty, and then Michael Symons missing a f***'n sitter [-X
If you missed it, also on at 1:45am tuesday morning. Will be weird to see us lose a game to the scum.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:7TWO are running a couple of games later this week. The 1984 Grand Final will be shown (I think on Thursday night / early Friday morning) - so those of you who have never seen it - set the tape, and watch that champ Leon Baker bring us home our 13th Premiership.

And I think on Friday night / early Saturday morning, they are showing our 1993 Qualifying Final v CArlton. We lost it by 2 points - with an injury depleted side. The beauty about this was that we were able to bounce back and defeat those faggots in the Grand Final. If you watch this game - look out for Greg Williams giving away a 100 metre penalty, and then Michael Symons missing a f***'n sitter [-X
BD what have I told you about bad mouthing Michael Symmonds!!

The guy was a star!! :lol: :lol:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:7TWO are running a couple of games later this week. The 1984 Grand Final will be shown (I think on Thursday night / early Friday morning) - so those of you who have never seen it - set the tape, and watch that champ Leon Baker bring us home our 13th Premiership.

BD what have I told you about bad mouthing Michael Symmonds!!

The guy was a star!! :lol: :lol:
Ah yes, this old argument goes back a few weeks! :lol: :wink:

Funny how you've turned it around though.... :P
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The ONE IMPORTANTthing RONNIE did do Ben was Grab BILLY and push him off(probably telling him "Don't be a f****** Idiot Bill.He's not worth Missing a 2nd straight Granny!") and away from Mike Richardson(later to ESSENDON ina not so great light),after Richardson Gave NOBBY(?)a Punch in the Guts.

Last thing we needed was anyone getting suspended before taking on the Hawks again.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

AFL Flashback Classics 1999 AFL Premiership Season

Sunday 14 March 2010 1am – 3.30am 7TWO

Catch all the action from the MCG when the Essendon Bombers clash with the North Melbourne Kangaroos. Hosted by Drew Morphett.

This should've been the GF game. 10 goals to Carey, 7 to Lloyd. We win by 26.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Best memory from the '84 prelim....watching all the feral collingwood supporters trudging out of the ground at half time.

I still remember the ground PA calling for the bus drivers to return to their vehicles to take the rabble away :mrgreen: vingertje :mrgreen: vingertje :mrgreen:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Just saw the left foot banana from Wayne Carey, bloody unreal.

Hated his guts, but he kicked that goal right in front of where I was sitting that day; I actually clapped him :oops:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

If you want to erase the debacle that was Anzac Day 2010, then set your recorders for this Thursday night (early Friday morning 3.30am) where they will show a full replay of the 1984 Preliminary Final v Collingwood. Do yourselves a favour and have a treat.
Essendunny