Family Day

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Family Day

Post by paddyl90 »

Anyone else going tomorrow :) ? Hoping for no storms but rain is okay...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Family Day

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeah im hoping to go as well, im feeling a little under the weather so to speak but i dont really want to miss the chance to see our boys before the season proper!!

My camera is ready for action!! Im thinking of upgrading guernseys as well... might get the samsung one with a number 2 on the back! :D Better late than never!!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

No. Instead I have the joy of attending uni.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I wonder what team Hurley's taxi driver friend supports?

Perhaps we can have him participate in some of the family day games, like the "coconut shy" or my personal favourite, "kick a cabbie"

....only kidding :P
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

might be going see how i feel, might go straight back to bed as we usually do around 1pm lol
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Just got back from a very wet and soggy Windy Hill!!

Its amazing that there were more people at the gound this year in wet weather than there were in sunny weather last year.

It wasn't set up as well as last year, the players were only on one half of thr ground and in tents and the lines to see them went on for ages. I did get up close and personal with McVeigh, Gumbleton and Marigliani though!!

All in all it was a nice afternoon!! :D
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

I live about a 5min walk away from the ground and didn't care I was still heading there.

Caught up with a friend who i hadnt seen a few weeks and we sat in the the bar and drank wine all day which was great. Then more friends turned up who I hadn't planned to catch up with.

As it turned out was a sunny walk home but a pissed one.

I SO love ESSEDON and just reiterated today if its 1 or 1 000 000 people the club is great to be awesome to be around. (btw got 2 more memberships today who are Pie fans - which they'll use).
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I WENT!!! First one and it was awesome! If only you knew what I look like, would love for you guys to come up and say hi.

Belted down before official preceedings got underway but was relatively okay when waiting in line. Got 2/3 autograph marquees and eneded up with 21 signatures. Didn't go to tent 1 with the main players of our team. Next year :D

Upload some pics later :)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So who got what numbers???
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Mrs Merc is always the number chick. I can't remember but there were changes. 18 to Hurley 25 to Still? I can't remember LOL
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yes Hurley got 18
Still got 25

Melksham- 17
Long-13
Colyer-32
Williams-33
Hardingham (gee he is a nice bloke!)- 34
Silverlock-35
Howlett-40
Crameri (also very nice)- 45
Marigliani (i have a bit of a thing for Marcus i must say!)- 47
David Meli- 48

I think thats everyone!!

Monfries and Watson got the biggest sheers from the crowd, Jetta and Natrat were sick and werent there and Paddy Ryder had to leave early due to his little girl being sick.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

JumboPaddy wrote:Mrs Merc is always the number chick. I can't remember but there were changes. 18 to Hurley 25 to Still? I can't remember LOL
Point proven :P =D> Mrs Merc
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Yes Hurley got 18
Still got 25

Melksham- 17
Long-13
Colyer-32
Williams-33
Hardingham (gee he is a nice bloke!)- 34
Silverlock-35
Howlett-40
Crameri (also very nice)- 45
Marigliani (i have a bit of a thing for Marcus i must say!)- 47
David Meli- 48

I think thats everyone!!

Monfries and Watson got the biggest sheers from the crowd, Jetta and Natrat were sick and werent there and Paddy Ryder had to leave early due to his little girl being sick.
Some of the players were so nice !! Sam Lonergan was the best with me. We had a nice quick chat, was awesome! Kyle Reimers & Michael Hurley were also cool. A couple were a bit rude, not deliberately but they didn't even look at you, just signed and passed it along. I understand that after thre first 100 people it gets old haha but at least show some interest. Anyway got 21 sigs. Missed out on the first Marquee as everyone wanted that one with the key players. I'll get em next year :)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

aww who were the rude ones?? I know i saw Hille brush off a young kid when he asked for an autograph...

Kyle Reimers is very nice, got a photo with him last year. Due to the set up of the players this year it was a little harder to get access to them unfortunately. I spent most of my time lining up for the photo tent... :?

Scotty Gumbleton commented on my old badge of McVeigh... Spikes hair is bleached blonde and very very spiky on my badge!!! Had a chat with Marigliani and he said he was really looking forward to the year and was quietly confident of playing seniors.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I honestly can't remember who I saw and who I didn't it was that quick ahahhaa. Just shoved down the line...Mark Williams stood out for me. I was like "Hi Mark, How you doin?" he didn't even look at me just signed it and passed it on. I said it loud enough to hear. I don't think he was deliberately being rude just came across so. I didn't make much of it ha. Probably just as the day got longer they got over it. Which is understandable.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

Muscles Marigliani *drool*
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Koala wrote:Muscles Marigliani *drool*

haha i hear ya sista!!! :P vingertje
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

WA boys would be the nicest we breed em nice over there, Williams, must have been Hawkwashed #-o
I bleed black with a red sash