The Hunt for Number 17.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: The Hunt for Number 17.

Post by danstar84 »

So basically, they have a gun midfield, but no defence or forward line, and are closer to number 17? Righttt.......

At least we have the quality KPP talent. Need to hope that a few of our young mids become guns. Easier to find gun midfielders than it is KPP talent.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Filthy wrote: But a rival working at another club sees more deep-rooted problems in the leadership tone at both clubs. It's the dreaded "C" word. "They've both been down but still seem to have the same culture of expecting success by right because they're Carlton and Essendon," he says. "There's a lack of reality about where they're at. That gets passed down to the players, who as a result think they're a bit better than they actually are."
This is so true. I even see it in here all the time.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

danstar84 wrote: Easier to find gun midfielders than it is KPP talent.
Really? Why havent we found one since JJ? Please dont say Rama and Watson.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

good article but as they "seem" closer right now i bet in real terms we are.... that might sound stupid considering how we played last week but as Dan said we have emerging KPP talent and plenty of it! structure "should" always win out in the end
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It is a bit hard to say who is closer to number 17 when both clubs are so far far away at the moment.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Fair article and personally, I would rather have a midfield that delivers to a weak forward line than a midfield that can't get their hands on the ball or gets pushed off it too easily...at least a weak forward line can have the opportunity to kick goals...

Also, IMO, both teams are a few years away yet and whilst the Scum have the midfield now, by the time our respective premiership windows open, I think our midfield will have caught up giving us the edge with our tall talent...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robrulz5 wrote:It is a bit hard to say who is closer to number 17 when both clubs are so far far away at the moment.
I guess we shall find out today
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Crazyman wrote: a midfield that can't get their hands on the ball or gets pushed off it too easily...

Apart from last week is our midfield really that bad?
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Jazz_84 wrote:good article but as they "seem" closer right now i bet in real terms we are.... that might sound stupid considering how we played last week but as Dan said we have emerging KPP talent and plenty of it! structure "should" always win out in the end
I'm not sure our game plan suits the fact we've got "plenty" of talls. Why didn't we use them last week? We seem to be playing as if we have Carlton's list of midfielders, not that ours are terrible, but we don't use our list effectively. Why don't we take advantage of the height we have? We kick long and high... but to a short forward line. Go figure.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

robrulz5 wrote:
Crazyman wrote: a midfield that can't get their hands on the ball or gets pushed off it too easily...

Apart from last week is our midfield really that bad?
Probably not that bad, but let's get real...they are nowhere near the better sides...
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

we found number 17 tonight....

JAKE MELKSHAM. best # 17 i have ever seen in the red and black...after 1 game.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

little_ripper wrote:we found number 17 tonight....

JAKE MELKSHAM. best # 17 i have ever seen in the red and black...after 1 game.
Yep, both he and Colyer had great first up games. Now for them to show it consistently against great opponents...
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Every game we've played against the Poos in recent memory ends in a similar fashion. Gibbs goes missing. Murphy gets enough of it but does sweet FA with it. And yet scribes come up with BS such as this "Marc Murphy and Bryce Gibbs are on track to become superstars." Are they really? Kreuzer most definitely... The others I'm not so sure...

Also. ''Our plan was, A, to get back in finals, and then, B, start winning finals," he says. Greg Swan - Genius personified...

:lol: :shock:
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

robbie67 wrote:
Filthy wrote: But a rival working at another club sees more deep-rooted problems in the leadership tone at both clubs. It's the dreaded "C" word. "They've both been down but still seem to have the same culture of expecting success by right because they're Carlton and Essendon," he says. "There's a lack of reality about where they're at. That gets passed down to the players, who as a result think they're a bit better than they actually are."
I fall guilty of the above. I will attempt to be more realistic in my appraisals.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

gringo wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
I fall guilty of the above. I will attempt to be more realistic in my appraisals.

:lol: