Knights isnt serious

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC2
High Draft Pick

Knights isnt serious

Post by DC2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Knights isnt serious as long as certain players are still getting games and others arent. He needs to stop playing favorites and start picking players based on whether they actually merit a spot in the team or not.

Thankfully he has started to give Houli a crack. This kid has some class and looks VERY likely. He just needs to be given some continual games. He was quite good against WCE. Will only get better IMO.

How the hell is Welsh still getting a gig? This guy is past his EXP date. Sure he may have some good leadership skills but you need to lead first and foremost through what you do on the field on game day. This guy is basically useless. He is a turnover machine, has no speed at all and is constantly being caught "holding" his direct opponents arms.

Slattery, but Im not going to beat a dead horse.

Same with Mark "never seen" Williams.

Lonergan...

Pull your finger out Knighta!!!!

Howlett actually looks like he will be a very good player, where the hell is he at??? Rotting in the magoos while these other clowns and imposters get a regular gig!

Prismall?

We need some midfield help for poor watson!

Now making some changes in regards to the team wont rectify the horrible performances as a whole, but its a move in the right direction. MAKE IT HAPPEN KNIGHTA!!!! AND STOP PLAYING FAVORITES!

Id rather have Davey in there than Colyer too. This kid needs to run in the VFL to learn how to dispose of the ball properly. At least Davey will provide some much need defensive pressure. Something we lack. Dude never gives up the chase.

jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Knights isnt serious

Post by jimmyc1985 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Davey's been pure shite since he did his knee. Big deal - he can run fast and once every few weeks, he tackles a guy from behind. Hasn't done enough to justify his place in the 1sts for a long time and his demotion to Bendigo was about 3/4 of a season too late in my view.

Houli is ok, but panics and either turns the ball over directly, or picks the wrong option and puts teammates under unnecessary pressure. Has a huge amount of work to do.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Leave Colyer in for another 2 weeks and then let him have a rest. Kid could be a real find. So what if he has crap disposal, he has plenty of friends in that regards. Difference being he is 18 and has played 2 games - will only get better. I like his attitude and willingness to have a red hot go!!! Mlore than I can say for some of his more seasoned teammates.

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Coyler is at least getting the ball which is something Davey has failed to do for quite a while.

Mark Williams performance does rely a bit on how the ball is delivered into the forward line. This has benn horrible to date so I'm not surprised that he hasn't done all that well so far.

DC2
High Draft Pick

Post by DC2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:18 pm

your hate for Houli is astounding jimmy.

This kid is going to be a player.

jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:33 am

DC2 wrote:your hate for Houli is astounding jimmy.

I don't 'hate' him, but if you can't recognise his shortcomings as i've pointed out as above, you're not watching the same player.

I'll reiterate that he has a huge amount of work to do, particularly if the long-term plan for him is to be part of the defensive 6 as his defensive skills are nowhere near it right now.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:10 am

jimmyc1985 wrote:
DC2 wrote:your hate for Houli is astounding jimmy.

I don't 'hate' him, but if you can't recognise his shortcomings as i've pointed out as above, you're not watching the same player.

I'll reiterate that he has a huge amount of work to do, particularly if the long-term plan for him is to be part of the defensive 6 as his defensive skills are nowhere near it right now.
I'm in your corner Jimmy, I've got the same opinion of him.