If only we could discover a forward like this

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

If only we could discover a forward like this

Post by Windy_Hill »

Wow, Geelong have done it again, found a guy who in only his second game, kicks 5 goals. If only we had the talent spotters that they have at the Cats. Just imagine if we had guys like Podsiadly and Barlow playing for us. Oh well, thats the luck of the draw I guess. Thank goodness these guys were never on our list or training with us, imagine how embarassing that would be :?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... -smk3.html
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: If only we could discover a forward like this

Post by danstar84 »

Don't forget that he is getting A+ delivery. If he played for us, he would be struggling. Having said that, he was a very good pickup for Geelong.

Barlow was just one of those that got away. As I have mentioned, If we had taken Barlow, Freo would have taken Hardingham. The club were hoping to grab him with the second selection.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Can you imagine what everyone would have said if we recruited a 28 year old?
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Didn't we do that anyway? (How old is Mark Williams? Oh, and, by the way, did he kick 5 goals for us yet?) :(
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Can you imagine what everyone would have said if we recruited a 28 year old?
As billyduckworth (almost) mentioned, WIlliams is 27 and I think WH's point was more that we already had him briefly.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Yup if we ould draft with a time machine we would kick ass!
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Sismis, using that time machine

I'd prefer if we had Selwood, Barlow and Rioli on the list.

That would be a dreamy midfield.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Windy was referring to the fact that Podsiadly was in fact on our list years ago.
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

ace076 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Windy was referring to the fact that Podsiadly was in fact on our list years ago.
Yes he was on both our rookie list for a year then Collingwoods for a year.... he wasnt a very good forward back then. It took him quite a few years in the VFL before he started becoming a dangerous forward.

I dont think we need a 28 year old key forward clogging the space when we have so many young KPP wanting to get a game (Hurley, Gumby, Neagle, Daniher, Carlisle and Still being a few).
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ah, I missed the sarcasm. We need a sarcasm emoticon. Jmac is usually good for these things...
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Williams is 26 and kicked four last week.

I bet if Williams played for Geelong he would have kicked a few more goals than he has with us.
How's that crystal ball going for you Windy?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:Ah, I missed the sarcasm. We need a sarcasm emoticon. Jmac is usually good for these things...

Indeed I was being sarcastic - I tried to use the "confused" ( :? ) emoticon to denote this but it clearly failed
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

That Podsiadly is supposed to be "ONLY 28??" Does anyone else on here think as I do that he looks about 10 years older than that. I have a 41 year old son who looks way younger than him..... poses the question in my mind I wonder how well they check these things or could it be a bit like the blokes who signed up to fight in the world wars... lying about their age (only the other way around)

I got the impression our Bruce might have been thinking along the same lines on 7 during the commantary on Sunday when the Pods came back to the bench after kicking his 5th during the last quarter...."Gee" Brucie said "He looks every bit of 28 doesn't he"
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

pevfan wrote:That Podsiadly is supposed to be "ONLY 28??" Does anyone else on here think as I do that he looks about 10 years older than that. I have a 41 year old son who looks way younger than him..... poses the question in my mind I wonder how well they check these things or could it be a bit like the blokes who signed up to fight in the world wars... lying about their age (only the other way around)

I got the impression our Bruce might have been thinking along the same lines on 7 during the commantary on Sunday when the Pods came back to the bench after kicking his 5th during the last quarter...."Gee" Brucie said "He looks every bit of 28 doesn't he"
Sportsmen always look older than they really are. However I agree that Pods definintley looks like he is a Country Footy League vet who has played 549 games for Swan Hill and also runs the social club
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Ah, I missed the sarcasm. We need a sarcasm emoticon. Jmac is usually good for these things...
Unfortunately, these are the best I could come up with:
Image Image

I guess the main problem is what does sarcasm look like? Also, if you go without one, some people might not realise you are taking the urine and that can often be humorous.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:
Unfortunately, these are the best I could come up with:
Image Image

I guess the main problem is what does sarcasm look like? Also, if you go without one, some people might not realise you are taking the urine and that can often be humorous.
Hahaha......after doing a bit of searching......perhaps something like this......

Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

What a fantastic emoticon, spell out the emotion and it kinda makes the little face guy redundant - really clever idea that is
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:What a fantastic emoticon, spell out the emotion and it kinda makes the little face guy redundant - really clever idea that is
You forgot to put the emoticon in you post :wink:
Essendunny