Matthew the Salesman

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Matthew the Salesman

Post by bomberflyer »

Yeah - Matthew Knights - a lesson to other clubs - do not hire a coach (or pretend) who has had no success as a player.

He has set this club back at least two years. Favourites - no game style to replicate to what he is trying to achieve - and clearly no decent communication.

I dont know who's more spellbound - the media or his own players.

The players for me who were absolutely putrid with experience:

Hille, Welsh, Watson, Winderlich, Slattery (B U M!!!!!!)

Without sufficient experience who need to go back:

Colyer, Hooker

Those that who Knights has directly butchered:

HURLEY!!!

Anyone who has excuses for that performance has no idea about football.

Next week's outs:

At a minimum:

Hille, Slattery, Welsh, Hooker and Colyer.

The following players needed to be underdone or injured to get a walk for next week:

McVeigh, Monfries and Ryder

And MATTHEW KNIGHTS - you are joke of a footabll coach - no doubt - the world laughed at you today!!!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Matthew the Salesman

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Hooker was terrible in defence today but really gave us something up forward.

I agree that McVeigh, Welsh, Licha and Hille need to be dropped to send a message to the senior players. Reward the young guys playing at Bendigo for their 2 wins this season.

Its time for Knighta to send the players back to basics... how can they possibly play his run and attack style when they cant hit a target from a few metres away.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Yeah agree.

My main beef is that Knights refers to replicating the top sides by the way they play.

Firstly, they more often than not play on by foot and their players know how to run to space (ie. Geelong).

It is clear that he is coaching them to play on by linking handball, which the opposition read quite clearly - instead of getting go-forward by positive use of the ball.

The fundamental deficiency is "game-style" in my mind not players - even though some well sheltered players need to pay the sacrifice for continual poor performance.

I bet I hear him say, "He is a leader of the club or he is VC of the club", when asked about changes for next week. Complete BS!!!

It is fair enough some people question whether the EFC deserve their place on the stage next year with that performance. Thanks Matty!!!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Makes it even worse that Welshy is the VC,..... show some leadership for goodness sake...the commentators were even getting into Fletch as well about not showing enough leadership to the younger players.

I suppose it was to be expected that we lost today... it was a milestone game after all... :roll: