Clarkson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Clarkson

Post by BenDoolan »

Is he gone? Gameplan sucks? Lost the respect of the players?

Just wondering....
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Clarkson

Post by robrulz5 »

His winning percentage is around the 37% mark. How the f*** did they win a Premiership???
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Doubt it BD

He has shown he can build a list and that is where they are headed.

Just like us last week, you can't really blame the coach for an insipid performance by his players
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Premierships buy you a bit of time. As does the injury situation. He wouldnt want to miss the finals again next year though, or he would definately be gone.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

No, has credits still in the bank. Wonder how many times Dermie is going to say "offer St Kilda a premiership followed by 3 poor years and they will take it"? That's all well and good, but they had 16 players from the 2008 premiership team in tonight and couldn't beat an Essendon team that is shit. They have one plan and it has been worked out by everyone else. In fact, not only has everyone else worked it out, they have taken that plan and implemented it themselves and improved on it. Without Buddy, they are in real strife.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Roughead would struggle to get a game for us at the moment, and that is saying something.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Apparently T. Croad could be turning out in the amateurs very shortly and is still on Hawthorn's list. He would certainly help them out if he could get back.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

Was speaking to some Dawks supporters during the game, and they've turned completely, they want new blood at them helm.

All I could think about was poor Geelong, they actually lost a flag to that rabble. They must be shaking their heads in disbelief at the moment.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bpdons wrote:
All I could think about was poor Geelong, they actually lost a flag to that rabble. They must be shaking their heads in disbelief at the moment.

I know that head shaking feeling. I had it in 1999
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:That's all well and good, but they had 16 players from the 2008 premiership team in tonight and couldn't beat an Essendon team that is shit.
That's the one for me.

They are 1 and 5 now. Displaying a worse brand of footy than we have over the journey this season. I'm just wondering what the Hawk supporters are saying. I'm sure they are sounding off like we were during the week. If not getting stuck into their players, getting stuck into their coach.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

their excuse of injuries pisses me off, what a lame excuse, they still have plenty of "guns" out there that just arn't performing, boo hoo take responsibility
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Clarkson looked like a coach that did not want to be at the ground. I reckon that he has serious problems above the shoulder line and would not be surprised to see him gone within 2 years.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Clarkson is a petulant little turd who deserve all manner of pain and misfortune.

He is a reflection of his president and half his playing group - so he'll be safe I suspect.

BTW - Wasn't Campbell's game awe-inspiring last night :roll:
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote: they still have plenty of "guns" out there that just arn't performing

Plenty of Guns or just plenty of Reputations?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote: they still have plenty of "guns" out there that just arn't performing

Plenty of Guns or just plenty of Reputations?
well yeah quite true, particularly Jordan Lewis, hasn't done shit for 2 years now but still considered a "gun" from the community
Kakadu Kangaroos
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

They have won 10 of their last 28 games, we have won 12.5. We both had injuries last year but they have the better list. This year is solely their own fault. They went into the year with only 2 ruckman on their list (Bailey injured in rnd 22 last year, out for a year) and no decent defender apart from Croad. So rather than go for Jolly or McGuire, they go for Gibson and Burgoyne. While Burgyone is a great player, he had alot of injuries with his knee and hammy the last two years at Port, so why would you trade 2 picks to get him? They needed a ruckman, they didn't go for it. Now they only have one ruckman and Roughhead has to pinch hit, which takes him out of his comfort zone and upsets the structure. Their defenders are shithouse, Murphy is possibly the worst player in the comp with Douglas from Adelaide Crows.

What excuse will Dermie give this week?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Confidence is everything. They looked like us last week...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:their excuse of injuries pisses me off, what a lame excuse, they still have plenty of "guns" out there that just arn't performing, boo hoo take responsibility
Who were they missing from their best 22? Probably only Mitchell as it's a bit hard to include Burgoyne as he hasn't played a game for them yet.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robrulz5 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:their excuse of injuries pisses me off, what a lame excuse, they still have plenty of "guns" out there that just arn't performing, boo hoo take responsibility
Who were they missing from their best 22? Probably only Mitchell as it's a bit hard to include Burgoyne as he hasn't played a game for them yet.
well thats just it, everyone is still crapping on about how they are dealing with a few injuries, even thought their full strength indicator was probably 90%+

injuries arn't to blame for their ruck options, thats their own stupidity of not having 4-5 rucks on their list like everyone else
Kakadu Kangaroos
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I know a Hawthorn supporter who says they have 9 of their best 22 out! :lol: