Fletch the Great-Hille re-signs

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Fletch the Great-Hille re-signs

Post by Windy_Hill »

Would love to see Fletch go past Simon Madden's record, would probably need to play all of this year plus 2011 and 2012 - does that get him close? He would be 37
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:Would love to see Fletch go past Simon Madden's record, would probably need to play all of this year plus 2011 and 2012 - does that get him close? He would be 37
If he played every game this year, and the next 2 seasons, that would be 60 games. He's on 318 now. So, if he doesn't play in a final, but plays every game, he would tie with Madden.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'm gonna miss Fletcher when he finally pulls the pin. Absolute legend. I almost hold him in the same regard as Hird. Rapt to see that he is going to play on again.

Good to have Hille sign as well!
Essendunny
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Can't believe he played in the 1993 GF.. seems like an eternity ago, we still had Tim Watson in the team and now his son Fletchers captain.. amazing career.

Even more amazing , he is still one of our best players over 18 seasons.

I reckon he should go for Tucks record, if he plays to 40 then could break it.!
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

An absolute legend is Fletch. Once again they'll find a way not to put him in the All-Australian side...
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:I'm gonna miss Fletcher when he finally pulls the pin. Absolute legend. I almost hold him in the same regard as Hird. Rapt to see that he is going to play on again.

Good to have Hille sign as well!
Getting a little ahead there benny...the article is about how everyone wants him to play on...realistically, I think at most he has one more season in him...though if he keeps playing the way he is and can get 2 or 3 then bring it on I say :lol:
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

It is a little misleading. Hille re-signed. Everyone wants Fletcher to do the same.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Would love to see Fletch go past Simon Madden's record, would probably need to play all of this year plus 2011 and 2012 - does that get him close? He would be 37
If he played every game this year, and the next 2 seasons, that would be 60 games. He's on 318 now. So, if he doesn't play in a final, but plays every game, he would tie with Madden.

Just imagine if when he does retire, his last game is a GF wherein he breaks the club's games record? - He's gotta stay fit and away from the tribunal but 2012 works for me
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Filthy wrote:
Coach Matthew Knights praised Fletcher's performance on Hawthorn's Jarryd Roughead on Saturday night at the MCG, where he kept the Hawk goalless.

"Dustin was magnificent," Knights said.
I heart the hell out of Fletch but I could've kept Boofhead goalless on the weekend. He sucked.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Megan wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Coach Matthew Knights praised Fletcher's performance on Hawthorn's Jarryd Roughead on Saturday night at the MCG, where he kept the Hawk goalless.

"Dustin was magnificent," Knights said.
I heart the hell out of Fletch but I could've kept Boofhead goalless on the weekend. He sucked.
Just like people on here were saying Rioli was injured and Slatts had it easy eh Megs? The garden gnome (Clarko) was on the Fox footy show stating that Rioli isn't playing injured at all... In the end, you can only beat your man. Fletch made him look second rate even more so...