Did anyone see Knights on Footy Crapified ?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Did anyone see Knights on Footy Crapified ?

Post by MH_Bomber »

I am surprised this hasn't been a topic of discussion as yet. Matthew Knights appeared as a guest on Footy Classified and I didn't quite know what to make of the exchange he had about David Evans stating that there were KPI's in his contract.

They played a clip of David Evans from Sunday Footy Show from a few weeks ago. This interview was conducted when we were in the middle of that extremely bad patch of form and Evans was being asked about whether the Knights contract had key performance indicators on it. Evans stated that there were. When this question was put to Knights he categorically denied there were any such clauses. I thought it rather strange that the coach should be at odds with what the CEO was saying about his contract.

I guess with us seemingly being back on track again and other footy matters that have arisen since that this might have been viewed as a non story. However it seemed a rather awkward situation for MK.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: Did anyone see Knights on Footy Crapified ?

Post by danstar84 »

From what I understand, the KPIs might relate to the extension of the contract rather than the contract itself. So if Knights meets the KPIs, he will be given an extension, if not he won't.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Yes i saw that. Evans said he had KPI'S but Knights denied that was the case.

Someone is telling porkies.

Knights, as usual was articulate but did'nt give too much away.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I think there is a simple KPI.. If you f*** things up and we don't imporve, you're out the door..
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

I saw the interview 1 thing I got out of it is that he may hold a grudge against Spud Frawley for getting rid of him (i think he said frawley) obvoiusly he wasn't ready to hang up the boots when he did.

He's a good spin doctor is Knighta, for our sake I hope he can do what he thinks in his head he can!
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I saw it and the exchange about David Evans was certainly intriguing. After Knights said there were no KPIs in his contract, the panel didn't know what to say. There was deadly silence for a while and then Grant Thomas (who is always delightfully blunt) stated that he disagreed because ALL contracts have KPIs i.e. you stuff up and you are out!

Another interesting patch of the show was when they were discussing the Fremantle player and cocaine issue. Garry Lyons was remarkably coy and barely joined the conversation. His body language showed he was clearly uncomfortable with the topic. I wonder why?
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

billyduckworth wrote:I saw it and the exchange about David Evans was certainly intriguing. After Knights said there were no KPIs in his contract, the panel didn't know what to say. There was deadly silence for a while and then Grant Thomas (who is always delightfully blunt) stated that he disagreed because ALL contracts have KPIs i.e. you stuff up and you are out!

Another interesting patch of the show was when they were discussing the Fremantle player and cocaine issue. Garry Lyons was remarkably coy and barely joined the conversation. His body language showed he was clearly uncomfortable with the topic. I wonder why?
Yep. Noticed that as well. Everyone knows that the chicken is very popular down Channel 9 way... and I ain't talking the Colonel Sanders variety...

8-[

:-"
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Doctor Fish wrote:
billyduckworth wrote:I saw it and the exchange about David Evans was certainly intriguing. After Knights said there were no KPIs in his contract, the panel didn't know what to say. There was deadly silence for a while and then Grant Thomas (who is always delightfully blunt) stated that he disagreed because ALL contracts have KPIs i.e. you stuff up and you are out!

Yep. Noticed that as well. Everyone knows that the chicken is very popular down Channel 9 way... and I ain't talking the Colonel Sanders variety...

8-[

:-"
Do you think Gazza'a name might be a popular entry in the iPhones over in Fremantle?