The Team v Tigers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

The Team v Tigers

Post by paddyl90 »

Aint out til 4:30pm.

Just thinking about the ins and outs. What do we all think? I think the players to come in out could be:

Possible Ins - NLM, Lonergan, Pears, Reimers
Possible Outs - Howlett, Prismall, Myers, Colyer
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: The Team v Tigers

Post by paddyl90 »

Oh yeah clearly Hooker out :roll:
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

JumboPaddy wrote:Aint out til 4:30pm.

Just thinking about the ins and outs. What do we all think? I think the players to come in out could be:

Possible Ins - NLM, Lonergan, Pears, Reimers
Possible Outs - Howlett, Prismall, Myers, Colyer
Agree with the ins.
Clearly one of the outs is Hooker.
Myers is on the edge - I didn't think he did too badly.
Liked Howlett and Colyer's games to be honest. Nice problem to have. Maybe Jetta out (as much as I thought he did ok against the Saints).
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Emergencies: Kyle Hardingham, Mark Williams, Travis Colyer

In: Pears, Lonergan
Out: Hooker (inj), Colyer
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Pears is a miracle man...good to have him back.

I also hope sammy lonergan has a good game. good to see the coach stick by guys like myers who needs a good run at it.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Young Travis is a bit stiff but his time will come. Glad they have stuck with the pace approach and rapt to see Pears back so soon. Handy replacement for Hooker.

This Team really looks good on paper and performed well last week.

I could not believe that we have only beaten this rabble once in the last seven games. It is our real bogey game against a team we should consistently thrash.

Sportsbet has us at $1.29 as to Ninthmond at $3.90. Hard to consider those odds so will look at multiples.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

rockhole wrote:Young Travis is a bit stiff but his time will come. Glad they have stuck with the pace approach and rapt to see Pears back so soon. Handy replacement for Hooker.

This Team really looks good on paper and performed well last week.

I could not believe that we have only beaten this rabble once in the last seven games. It is our real bogey game against a team we should consistently thrash.

Sportsbet has us at $1.29 as to Ninthmond at $3.90. Hard to consider those odds so will look at multiples.

pop a tenner on the Tiges :wink:
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Myers #-o
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

DC2 wrote:Myers #-o
Was ok last week in the second half.

Glad they are making Williams earn his spot.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Still not Natrat :(
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Booo.

I like Lonergan, but would not have dropped Colyer for him. Colyer has speed and takes the game on, plus last week he played a key role in several goals. I'd rather drop Myers, even though I want him to get a few games to show us what he's got.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I thought Colyer would have stayed in, he was good last week. Pears back is obviously very good for us.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Am really pleased Myers kept his place - I have a strange feeling we are about to see his potential being fulfilled
Last edited by Windy_Hill on Fri May 21, 2010 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

What's the story with Williams?
We expended a lot of effort (seemingly) to get him in and he's played, what, three games? Had a dodgy ankle for a week or two I know but time to lift, fella.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:Am really pleased Myers kept his place - I have a strange feeling we are baout to see his potential being fulfilled
I thought the same watching him play on the weekend... He just needs to learn to kick to the right options... Meaning one of our players
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Spike didn't sound too good on the Footy Show. He actually has the Windy Hill flu!

Might be a late withdrawal if he isn't fine by tomorrow night.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Ossie wrote:What's the story with Williams?
We expended a lot of effort (seemingly) to get him in and he's played, what, three games? Had a dodgy ankle for a week or two I know but time to lift, fella.
I figure Knights is making the point that even though he came in as a star recruit (shows how shit our team is/was) he still has to earn his place in the side.

Either that or Knights has realised there isn't really a spot for him in the team with Gumbleton and Hurley both in the forward line.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

j-mac31 wrote:
I figure Knights is making the point that even though he came in as a star recruit (shows how shit our team is/was) he still has to earn his place in the side.

Either that or Knights has realised there isn't really a spot for him in the team with Gumbleton and Hurley both in the forward line.
Can't criticise Knights too much for that approach, whichever it is really ... what I mean more though is that why isn't Williams ripping it up in the ressies?
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Willo kicked 4 against the gold coast two weeks ago, last week just got the one.

there is no doubt he is a great kick of the footy.

hes been made emergency last two weeks, so no doubt he is bloody close to a recall.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ossie wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:

Can't criticise Knights too much for that approach, whichever it is really ... what I mean more though is that why isn't Williams ripping it up in the ressies?
He has a touch of the Jay Neagles about him.....sits back and waits for someone to plonk the ball in his lap rather than get the fracking thing himself. Needs to be a bit more hungrier for the contested ball IMO.
Essendunny