According to Hutcy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

According to Hutcy

Post by ealesy »

So take it for what it is worth, but we are apparently being as aggressive in the player market as Gold Coast and stated we are making bids for Steele Sidebottom and Patrick Dangerfield as well as Travis Boak.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: According to Hutcy

Post by swoodley »

Not worth much if it's Hutchy...there have been quite a few rumours that Boak wants to go home but I've nothing about Sidebottom wanting to leave Collingwood (and why would he now that he is establishing himself?) or Dangerfield wanting out at Adelaide.

The more shit he throws around, the more chance the moron will eventually get one right and then The Footy Show will brag about how their number one reporter broke the news first (without mentioning all the things he got/gets wrong).
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

"According to Hutchy" pretty much kills this thread
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

All good players. Clubs would be mad to give up any of them... Hutchy must be smoking Caro's jockstrap or something...

[-(
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

The other issue is, who do you give up for these players 'if' they are willing to leave? You generally need to give quality to receive quality.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Wouldn't mind any of those three at Essendon.

Also you don't always have to give up quality to get quality, sometimes good players just walk.

case in point - daniel bradshaw.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

With some of those players, Im not sure he said was that they want to leave their clubs I think what was said is that that they are out of contract at the end of this year and Essendon were sniffing around.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Scott wrote:With some of those players, Im not sure he said was that they want to leave their clubs I think what was said is that that they are out of contract at the end of this year and Essendon were sniffing around.
Boak is out of contract and may want top come back to Vic. We MUST go hard for him. As long as we keep Timmy, Hurley, Gumby, Pears, Zaharakis and Melksham I'm happy.

Adelaide are a rabble, so Dangerfield may want out. He's a Vic boy too isn't he? I'd go for Boak first, but then have a look around at some of the Crows' young players.

Couldn't see Sidearse leaving the Filthdom.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Also didn't see the Footy Show last night, but did Hutch gives us another Gary Ablett "update"? Ie. We don't know anything more from last week. If I was Bomber I would ask the media to shut the f*** up about Ablett unless and until there is actually something to say.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We need to stop giving Hutchinson oxygen.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

hahaha they reckon the Bombers are going to be agressive in trade week every year..... =D>

Ill believe it when i see it!!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

For us, being agressive in trade week means swapping our 4th round pick for another 4th round pick.