Maggoted again #10

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: Maggoted again #10

Post by billyduckworth »

I agree, Filthy. It was very frustrating. We couldn't get a holding the ball for love or money but they were so quick with the whistle when it was the other way around and we were tackled. Lucky it didn't cost us the game in the end.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Didn't notice them apart from the dodgy one they gave us with Brian Lake's (?) shepherding a player running towards goal late in the game... Totally a rubbish decision. Cost them a near certain goal...
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Plus 2 shit centre bounces which gave Minson a free hit and a huge advantge to the Dogs.

Why were these not recalled.

We are not only getting shafted by poor umpiring decisions but also from a lack of knowledge of the rules. Last week for instance, the ball being hammered over the boundary after it went out from a Richmond kick in No fifty.

Hurleys obvious handball which saw him free kicked for a throw. Kick on goal to Richmond.

I am wondering whether the fact they we lay so many great tackles is forcing the umpires to rethink their interpretation of prior opportunity as under the current rules they would have to ay us a heap more frees.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I'd be okay with that, Rockhole, if they applied it consistently. But they don't. Frees that we aren't getting are being given to the opposition, and that's not a level playing field.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Do we really have to have a weekly thread about these guys?

Can we just set up a stickied thread title "Umpiring" and leave it there?

I personally don't see the point on commenting on them every single week. They make mistakes just as our own players do. Live with it.

Naturally, if there is an alarming shocking display, then bring out the guns. But we all know there will be some umpiring mistakes next week, and the week after, and the week after that, and the......
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:Do we really have to have a weekly thread about these guys?

I personally don't see the point on commenting on them every single week. They make mistakes just as our own players do. Live with it.

Naturally, if there is an alarming shocking display, then bring out the guns. But we all know there will be some umpiring mistakes next week, and the week after, and the week after that, and the......
Might have to organise an intervention for our beloved Filthster and the umps. Then again, it would probably end up like the one they organised for Christopher on the Sopranos... Bad idea...

:wink:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I was at the game then watched it again when i got home 8)

WTF was the free kick for when Ryder got up for that ruck contest? Surely it could not have been his magnificent ruck skills? There was the artical during the week comparing our current ruck duo with Madden/Fish, it was like a flashback to Maddens ruck heroics!

Can someone please put me out of my misery and say there was a holding free or something? I simply cannot believe they would penalise a bloke for having an awesome leap AND GETTING THE HITOUT!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Doctor Fish wrote:Didn't notice them apart from the dodgy one they gave us with Brian Lake's (?) shepherding a player running towards goal late in the game... Totally a rubbish decision. Cost them a near certain goal...

Watch the replay, decision was correct. The shepherd was laid within the correct distance of the Bulldog player chasing the ball - but, he himself did not have the football which was about a further 7 metres away. The Essendon player was shephered about 12-15 metres from where the ball was - the law I believe allows a shepherd to be laid within 5 metres of the ball
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Hille gave one of the umps a massive spray after being knocked down a few metres off the ball and stayed down for a few seconds, even though it looked like they both ran into each other.

Pure BS with the Fletcher "push" in the back, where there was an umpire not 15m away with a perfect side-on view who didn't call it. Of course, Fletch got it back a minute later. :mrgreen:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

j-mac31 wrote:
Pure BS with the Fletcher "push" in the back, where there was an umpire not 15m away with a perfect side-on view who didn't call it. Of course, Fletch got it back a minute later. :mrgreen:
Is that the one he gave away to Hall? When he did get it back he did exactly the same thing he did when he gave away the free.

I almost expect to get the raw end of the deal with the umps against the Bulldogs, it was much worse against them last year though when Fletch gave away a 50 metre penalty for demonstrative demeanour!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:Do we really have to have a weekly thread about these guys?

Ah come on, Bennie. Where's the fun in life gone if we can moan about the maggots??!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

We didn't get killed by the umpires on Friday night. We got some shockers paid against us, but we got some gifts too. Davey had an eternity to pass the ball, got tackled and didin't dispose of it correctly, yet was called play on.

Nothing in it this week!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Maybe we are going the wrong way, with the push for a 4th umpire, and boundary umpires potentially making decisions in the future.

Should think about going back to two umpires.