Lovett

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Lovett

Post by boncer34 »

So before all the lovely doomsayers jump in with the "He's gone forget it" line yes I know he's gone but I'd still like to talk about it.

How good would that bloke be in our side this year? He is the X factor break open a game style of player that we are sorely missing in the close ones, watch last years close ones and he'd just do something that would light up the team. Sydney and PA would both be wins IMO leaving us 7 and 4 and looking very nice indeed. Just proves that IMO he is the biggest waste of talent ever, could've been remember as a true Essendon great but is now a mere footnote on the football history pages. Complete and utter waste, just think of what might've been.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Lovett

Post by Sismis »

Totaly agree. He was by the best at cutting through the opposition and creating opportunities from nothing.

The previous occupant of that jumper was also a phenomenal waste of talent.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Sismis wrote:Totaly agree. He was by the best at cutting through the opposition and creating opportunities from nothing.

The previous occupant of that jumper was also a phenomenal waste of talent.
Very true Cupidoll was a disgrace to. But Lovett was bigger IMO.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

The worst part is how hard Lovett seemed to work last year, finally started showing real consistancy.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Never should have got rid of him.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

robrulz5 wrote:Never should have got rid of him.
To some extent I agree but now that we see the debacle surrounding him its hard to make that argument succesfully.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

bombers are a better side this year. lovett requested to be traded. any player that requests to be traded we should get rid off. its the only thing fair to both club and player.

what happened to lovett after he was traded.... if he gets off the rape allegation, I hope he takes stkilda to the cleaners. if not well he deserves whats coming too him.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

We were right to trade him for pick 16. We were wrong to trade that pick for Williams.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

boncer34 wrote:
To some extent I agree but now that we see the debacle surrounding him its hard to make that argument succesfully.
Would it have still happened if he was at Essendon?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

robrulz5 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Would it have still happened if he was at Essendon?
Its all hindsight but i doubt he would have been at a Saints players house if he were still a Bomber man.

Trading pick 16 for Williams seems to be a bit of a mistake at the moment unless Willo can have a massive second half of the season.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

In all seriousness I think we'd be 7-4 with him and a real shot at 9-2. We would've beaten the Power and the Swans and given Freo a real shake (considering we were crying for someone to break it open) and as for giving up the 4 goal lead against Geelong well we just needed someone to get a quick break and shake the momentum.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

boncer34 wrote:In all seriousness I think we'd be 7-4 with him and a real shot at 9-2. We would've beaten the Power and the Swans and given Freo a real shake (considering we were crying for someone to break it open) and as for giving up the 4 goal lead against Geelong well we just needed someone to get a quick break and shake the momentum.
Thats assuming that he wasnt too busy getting on the piss to turn up and play
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Think we would've beaten Sydney if any number of about half a dozen things went our way (Fletch not getting rubbed out; no rain; Hille and Monfries not getting injured; Stanton taking part in the game; umpires not completely screwing us over; someone other than Welsh coming in), we didn't need Lovett. Same with Port - the game was there to be won and we fluffed it.

He was a good player but i don't regret getting rid of him.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Despite the fact the SAINTS have SACKED him,they have not DELISTED him yet.And it seems to be a MAJOR STUMBLING BLOCK for him to move to EAST PERTH in the WAFL.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

We had no choice but to sack him. The guy is a genius on field, but off field he's a total gronk... I just hope he turns his life around.

It's an interesting question though. His run mixed with kids coming through such as Milkshake, Colyer etc... Wouldn't be bad eh...

:-k
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Think we would've beaten Sydney if any number of about half a dozen things went our way (Fletch not getting rubbed out; no rain; Hille and Monfries not getting injured; Stanton taking part in the game; umpires not completely screwing us over; someone other than Welsh coming in), we didn't need Lovett. Same with Port - the game was there to be won and we fluffed it.

He was a good player but i don't regret getting rid of him.
Doctor Fish wrote:We had no choice but to sack him. The guy is a genius on field, but off field he's a total gronk...
These.

He's gone. Get over it. :wink:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Did you read the first post J-Mac? [-X
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:Did you read the first post J-Mac? [-X
Yes, hence the :wink: .

Having said that, I don't think there is any merit in discussing "what ifs" with Lovett. He's a dickhead and the club is better off without him.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Hmmm ... sounds like coulda, shoulda, woulda ...

The clear plan of the EFC Coaching team and Board is to build a team that will dominate for 3-5 years with serious aspirations for 2-3 flags in that time (think Brissy, Geelong). Given team selections favour the 1-3 year players - suspect this may happen from 2012 onwards.

Under this strategy, our elder players (Fletch, Welsh, McVeigh ... lol 28 is elder? :lol: ) probably won't be there to see the serious finals action (particularly given the modern game style burns out midfielders before they are 30), but are essential in developing a strong team ethos, mentoring the youngsters and acting as onfield coaches. The other oldster, Hille, is a position/type of player that seems to peak at 29-33 ... so likely to be in the window. NLM is a touch and go opportunity.

Keeping Lovett (Age 27) would have been detremental to this plan - as he (imho) lacked the leadership/mentoring skills to bring the young players to elite level and is questionable whether he would be thereabouts in 2012.

Sure - we may have won a game or two extra ... but surely our experience from 2002-2006 is a blinkin good reason why short term gain is not important.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)