Preductions for Saturday night

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Preductions for Saturday night

Post by hillchaser »

Not happy with this team. With Welsh, Dyson and Slats back in the team we are slower and more predictable than the team we have had for the last few weeks.
Lonergan is lucky to be in. Would have liked Reimers or Howlett over Lonergan. We get nothing out of this guy atm.

This time we do have NLM, Hurley and Jetta which i hope will make a big difference .but then again no Hille. So on balance I think we are roughly the same as round 1 and defintiely not as strong as we were a couple of weeks ago.

Prediction : I see this game playing out like rnd one. We get on top with our speed and attack then they start going in hard with their stronger players. In the end only Watson gets near the ball. They shut him down and kick away. Dyson will be pushed around like a rag doll with no clearances , contested possesions or tackles for the night and Slatts will chase around Steve J around all night and get his butt whipped then fletcher will be forced to move on to him leaving Hurley to come back on Podds who will kick 5 goals.

Hope I'm wrong and will be at the game baracking for the boys as usual.
F-111
Top Up Player

Re: Preductions for Saturday night

Post by F-111 »

Been holidaying in Un Zud lately?

McV to SJ I hope.
Byrnes and Stokes also dangerous, so Slats to one of them.

Was Hille any good in round one? He started very slowly from memory and didn't do much that game.
F111 with dash! 12223 posts just vanished!
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Us by 2 goals in our best win of the season.

Why? Our form lines good(i get that term from Knighta :wink: ), we welcome back Fletcher and Stanton with fresh legs.

I think the cats will be a little flat particularly early after their trip to Subi and we will get the jump on them.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Not sure about a preduction, but I predict that we will get up just and that Sydney viewers will not get to see the game of the stupid f****** Swans game...

I reckon we are about due against the Pussies and if we can put in 4 quarters instead of 3 we can get them.

P.S. Does anyone know if the Swans have ever played a Friday night game in their time in the comp cause I will be f***** if I can remember one...
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Crazyman wrote:Not sure about a preduction, but I predict that we will get up just and that Sydney viewers will not get to see the game of the stupid f****** Swans game...

I reckon we are about due against the Pussies and if we can put in 4 quarters instead of 3 we can get them.

P.S. Does anyone know if the Swans have ever played a Friday night game in their time in the comp cause I will be f***** if I can remember one...
its live on Mainevent into Sydney(7pm).

Go down to your local pub and ask them to put it on for you.

Swans havent had a friday night game for a long time as the AFL can't get one of the broadcasters to go up against the NRL/Better Homes and Gardens.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

little_ripper wrote:
Crazyman wrote:Not sure about a preduction, but I predict that we will get up just and that Sydney viewers will not get to see the game of the stupid f****** Swans game...

Swans havent had a friday night game for a long time as the AFL can't get one of the broadcasters to go up against the NRL/Better Homes and Gardens.
lr I know exactly what you are saying here, I just think it sucks bigtime that the AFL is dictated to by the f'ing media and that 7 &/or 10 don't have the balls to even try to compete with nine...then again, I guess that is no different to the league coverage you guys get down there, but at least Melbourne Storm still play Friday nights from time to time for f**** sake...
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

little_ripper wrote:

Which is ridiculous, considering no-one actually turns up to the NRL or watches it on telly.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Ossie wrote:
Which is ridiculous, considering no-one actually turns up to the NRL or watches it on telly.
In Sydney I think channel 9 gets about 30% of all FTA viewers according to Oztam. Not sure what the NRL rates, but it must rate something.

I think the bigger issue is that 7 wants to capture those people out there who aren't into Sport. The Better Homes and Gardens crew plus what ever else they put on.

Be thankful its on Mainevent live. You'll see the game 30 minutes earlier than any Victorian sitting in their loungeroom.(and mainevent has less ads).
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Cats in a canter I am afraid

Hille is an enormous loss. Dont like the ins or the outs (other than Fletc and Stants)

Looks like a 'safe team' selection - nothing adventurous
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Windy_Hill wrote:Cats in a canter I am afraid

Hille is an enormous loss. Dont like the ins or the outs (other than Fletc and Stants)

disagree, we're playing good enough football to worry any side. geelong included. essendon will not make it easy for them.

not sure why you don't like the other ins. Bellchambers was a no brainer given Hille's injury, plus he was BOG @ bendigo last week. Likewise Dyson and Slattery have shown form in the VFL.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Bomber are home. 5-1 odds are also very very sweet.

Here's my preduction (didn't realise you were a kiwi hillchaser!) Slatts to do well on his opponent and there wont be shit said about it untill he makes 1 error in 2-3 weeks which costs a goal and then he'll be universally slagged off again.
Last edited by Sismis on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Fletcher and Stanton back is good, TB had to be in.
Not happy with Lonergan, Welsh and Slattery in the team, they all better play well.

With Scarlett Mooney out and Blake as their only ruckman, I think we are looking good in the talls department.
Plus the fact that they are coming back from Perth should help us, however I think in the end their midfield and Johnson and Chapman will be too good.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

H. Slattery v. G. Ablett does not fill me with confidence but Henry is a good stopper and I hope he is up to it.

If there is a weakness in the Cat's line up I believe it is their backline esp. with Scarlett out and I hope our speedsters can run rings around Milburn and Lonergan in particular.

Of the outs, Benny is stiff but it looks like Knighta has gone for experience and harder bodies. Prismall is a worry as his disposal is questionable and Atkinson will live to fight another day.

It can be done but we need everyone playing at their best with no lapses in concentration or we will be butchered.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

little_ripper wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Cats in a canter I am afraid

disagree, we're playing good enough football to worry any side. geelong included. essendon will not make it easy for them.

not sure why you don't like the other ins. Bellchambers was a no brainer given Hille's injury, plus he was BOG @ bendigo last week. Likewise Dyson and Slattery have shown form in the VFL.

Not including Bellchambers as he is a mandatory replacement for Hille - the others worry me - why no Reimers?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Cats by 7 goals.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rossoneri wrote:Cats by 7 goals.
hahaha aww where is the optimism! :wink:

I think the Cats will most likely win but i think it could get quite close!! The Cats don't have their strongest team in and they are coming off a trip to Perth.

Stranger things have happened.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

F-111 wrote:
McV to SJ I hope.

Spike would be around 10-11cm shorter than Johnson!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

robrulz5 wrote:
F-111 wrote:
McV to SJ I hope.

Spike would be around 10-11cm shorter than Johnson!
Agreed Robrulz. I know a few people may not agree, but I reckon Spike needs to be used as a hard tag on Chapman...he has been arguably their best player in the last month and Spike down back is better than Spike in the middle...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

So do I get "closest to the pin?"
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!