Signs that we're in trouble:

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Signs that we're in trouble:

Post by bpdons »

Richmond losing 9 straight matches to start the season, and by the end of round 13, being only 2 wins away from us.
Hawthorn was 1 and 6 after 7 matches. And now sits 2 games clear of us.
Carlton are ahead of us.

Struggling to see the positives here.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Signs that we're in trouble:

Post by paddyl90 »

It seems so unfair doesn't it. You raise a good point and it makes you think .... how and why? I still don't think other team results should take away from the good things that have happened this year to date. Carlton will slide don't you worry and if we can get on a run after the break we could be well and truly back. Richmond are playing good footy at the moment but I don't expect it to last much longer but I could be wrong they have a good draw home too. Hawthorn we will see in the next 2-3 weeks.

After Round 17 I shall reassess. Seems a bit unfair at the moment...
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

when you put it that way then yeah but gotta want to see the positives otherwise your not going to enjoy the rise when it does happen as much
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Forget CArlton - we will definitely win a flag before they do.

And by the way, how many sides have played the last 2 premiership sided TWICE inside the first 13 rounds?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

we've played

Carlton
Doggies
Geelong x2
Hawks x2
Saints
Freo
Collingwood
Sydney

12 rounds played so far and we've played the top 8 teams 10 times, has there been a worse draw in history?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Jazz_84 wrote:we've played

Carlton
Doggies
Geelong x2
Hawks x2
Saints
Freo
Collingwood
Sydney

12 rounds played so far and we've played the top 8 teams 10 times, has there been a worse draw in history?
nope probably not...

The true test of the players will be in the coming weeks when we play clubs like Adel, Melb, NM, BL and the Eagles.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Pretty hard for a young side to get any momentum up when around each corner lurks a monster match!! AFL wants to review the fixturing farce as the GC and GWS will demand such a review. Hopefully this will create a more balanced draw
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

Carlton were SUPPOSE to have a tougher fixture than us and predicted by some to be 1-9 or so come Round 10ish.

In actual fact going by the ladder as it is now the played 7 matches in the first 11 against BOTTOM 8 teams and only 4 against CURRENT TOP 8 teams.

We have to hope Richmond take it up to them the 2nd time around and West Coast can do them over in Perth.

They are the only team at the moment I can see slipping out of the 8. They've got matches against Bulldogs, Collingwood, Fremantle (in Perth), Geelong, US (which we must cont the dominance) and Sydney to come in the remaining games.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

brad wrote:Carlton were SUPPOSE to have a tougher fixture than us and predicted by some to be 1-9 or so come Round 10ish.

In actual fact going by the ladder as it is now the played 7 matches in the first 11 against BOTTOM 8 teams and only 4 against CURRENT TOP 8 teams.

We have to hope Richmond take it up to them the 2nd time around and West Coast can do them over in Perth.

They are the only team at the moment I can see slipping out of the 8. They've got matches against Bulldogs, Collingwood, Fremantle (in Perth), Geelong, US (which we must cont the dominance) and Sydney to come in the remaining games.

I remember reading an article at the beginning of the season which show us having the toughest draw based on a range of factors (games vs last years Top 8, interstate travel etc). I think it was Collingwood that was also moaning about their draw (must have been because they travel interstate more than 3 times this year!!!)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Essendon and Collingwood have the hardest draws this year, though Collingwood did make a Prelim final last year.

I had said a while ago that Carlton are a 4 goal better team than us, but in recent weeks I think they are a 3 goal worse team than us without Judd. When Judd is ineffective (or less effective than usual) Squibs, Murphy, Houlihan go to water.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Windy_Hill wrote:AFL wants to review the fixturing farce as the GC and GWS will demand such a review. Hopefully this will create a more balanced draw
your kidding right? the AFL of course will have already said to them that they will get an armchair ride in the fixture and from the umpires, you should know that Windy :wink:
Kakadu Kangaroos