WTF is it with Winderlich?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

WTF is it with Winderlich?

Post by robbie67 »

He could be a super player, but I dont know if it is a matter of heart or brains. He just doesnt deliver often enough. Every single bloke on our list has a glaring weakness.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: WTF is it with Winderlich?

Post by Jazz_84 »

he grabbed the ball heading out to the pocket and started to run away from his opponent but then handballed in front of him and went to pick it up and got tackled.... he is bloody quick and would have outrun him easily, silly decision, down on confidence?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

He seems to have lost all confidence in his ability to burn off an opponent... he also hasnt kicked a goal this season.

He has got better in this game as it goes along.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I thought he ended up being one of our better players, if there was such a thing tonight. So many times we hesitated, second guessed and then fell into trouble as a result. Fein a handball to a teammate, sure, but don't handball to him now that your oppnent has run onto him. Just stupid. When he used his ability to run, he looked quite good, even in that match.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

It wasn't only Winderlich but as one of the supposedly better players he sure does make some odd decisions. Like centering it to CHB to a 2 on 1 that could only result in a Crow goal.

Apart from not have a game plan that can counter the kind of football the Crows played tonight, our decision making is atrocious. We never seem to do the smart thing. We missed virtually every target tonight and made a rod for our own back for the entire game.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

They never used the first option, but when they did... it was after assessing other options and then going back to the first when it was too late (hence not being the first option). Too often we had players in space, on a lead, in the corridor and instead of kicking it to them we'd handball or go sideways or backwards to a teammate who was marked or running into trouble... or simply pass it directly to an opponent. Other times, we'd kick to a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 contest (against us) and expect to win? What the hell?

And another thing... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE SHEPHERD??? It seems like it's something we make a point of not doing.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Boyler_Room wrote:And another thing... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE SHEPHERD??? It seems like it's something we make a point of not doing.
Spot on.
Essendunny
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

Jazz_84 wrote:he grabbed the ball heading out to the pocket and started to run away from his opponent but then handballed in front of him and went to pick it up and got tackled.... he is bloody quick and would have outrun him easily, silly decision, down on confidence?
... or shit game plan
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Boyler_Room wrote:And another thing... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE SHEPHERD??? It seems like it's something we make a point of not doing.
Spot on.
Yeah.A crucial and uttterly neglected part of the game.
Knights never did it in his life as player so is incapable of instructing anyone.Loved the outside receive handball.
He's fully lived up to expectations.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Winderlich must be suffering from some sort of issues upstairs.

He was absolute SHIT in the first 5 weeks, then when the club is at a all time low post collingwood, its him that turns it around with a ripper against Hawthorn, not such a coincidence is that we also have a great win.

we need him firing. i'm sick to death of his up and down performances, along with Stanton. Those two are experienced enough.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

When the team is down, he is down. When the team is up, he is up.. Seems like he doesn't play with confidence until his mates do.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

little_ripper wrote:Winderlich must be suffering from some sort of issues upstairs.

He was absolute SHIT in the first 5 weeks, then when the club is at a all time low post collingwood, its him that turns it around with a ripper against Hawthorn, not such a coincidence is that we also have a great win.

we need him firing. i'm sick to death of his up and down performances, along with Stanton. Those two are experienced enough.
Both (Stants and Licha) should be looked at as trade potential - and they should attract a lot of interest. I think thay are both good to very good players but I am also very confident that they will not hurt us if traded to play elsewhere.

My problem is that both have had about 7 years in the system and we still talk about their potential??!! Perhaps that potential will be better realised at another club. I am afraid that out club needs players who can make it happen - not wait for someone else to do the hard work.

I have said it on several threads since the weekend - we need to be brutal in the coming trade period and utilise the money we have in our salary cap to secure star players that have 10 years left in them.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:When the team is down, he is down. When the team is up, he is up.. Seems like he doesn't play with confidence until his mates do.
Although, you gotta say, he was pretty good against Hawthorn when we were down. And it was he who was leading the charge in the 2nd half when we nearly took the game....
Essendunny
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Its gotta be coming from somewhere with regards to being up and down, players are getting dropped for not being accountable and what not, are they too scared to run off in case of turnover?? I watch and scratch my head tring to work out what is going on
I bleed black with a red sash
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The problem with being an outside midfielder is that if no one is there getting the ball to you its going to be hard to perform well.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:The problem with being an outside midfielder is that if no one is there getting the ball to you its going to be hard to perform well.
Yes, but the game isn't just about stoppages and ball ups. There is ample opportunity when we have control of the ball where a midfielder can present himself to provide a target and then be creative once he has it. Licha has done this well on a few occasions, but not consistently from week to week. When he's on song, we're doing OK. He has the speed and the skills to be quite damaging.
Essendunny