Clash jumpers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ossie
Club Captain

Clash jumpers

Post by Ossie »

The AFL wishes to advise all media in advance of the team uniform arrangements for this Sunday’s match between Melbourne and Essendon, to be played at the MCG.
Both clubs will be wearing their traditional uniforms and the AFL will not place either team in a clash strip for this match, after discussions with both clubs.
The use of Essendon’s clash strip would introduce a greater amount of red, and was not considered for that reason, while Melbourne is the home club and has not hosted Essendon as the home team in a premiership season match since the opening round of the 2005 season – the first game the club played after the death of Troy Broadbridge in late 2004.
Melbourne requested not to wear its clash strip for a home game at the MCG and the Essendon Football Club has undertaken to work towards a clash jumper for 2011, which could be worn in fixture games where Melbourne is the home team
So a team wearing mostly blue and a team wearing mostly black clash, do they, AFL?
You f*cking muppets are ruining our game.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Clash jumpers

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

If it wasnt Melb's home game i would think that they would have been in their white jumper.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Of course there is no real clash.

Certainly nothing some red shorts wouldn't fix anyway...
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I'm partially colour blind and I have never had an issue with club jumpers even when they were covered in mud. It is total bullshit and for once I expect our people to stand up for the jumper and tell Vlad and Angry to get stuffed.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

The minority of whingers win over so called "clash strips" regardless of the rest of us who think it's`a furphy just like the "Lloyd"rule and many others.
Some the others are nothing short of appalling although Fremanle can do what they like.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It's all about the money, thought that was fairly obvious.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Clash jumpers suck.

But if we absolutly have to accept them, then I can see no wrong with adopting a "heritage style" thin red strip against teams like Melbourne (seeing that the fat strip is no good, apparently) and a Richmond-style against Richmond. If we absolutly have to have a white/light strip, then something like South Melbourne's white with red sash I would be happy with. Or maybe, possibly, the strip that Manchester City wore a few years back

http://menmedia.co.uk/sport/football/ma ... h_the_sash

But please, please, please keep it away from the ponytailed graphic designers. No gradients, no stylised logos, no marketing tie-ins, only wear it when absolutly necessary and don't flog it for easy cash. At least keep some heritage in the strip, even if that heritage isn't ours.

That said, I'm pretty solid on the concept that we should accept a clash strip only if Collingwood is mandated to wear one as well. I could live with that.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

dom_105 wrote:Clash jumpers suck.

But if we absolutly have to accept them, then I can see no wrong with adopting a "heritage style" thin red strip .

+1 I love that old school thin red stripe and would buy one in a second. IMO thats very essendon and should be put forward by the club as an alternative.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Absolutely no problem with Sunday's game re jumpers. Both teams came out in their traditional strip and it was a great look.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Indeed Rockhole, not a problem watching from the bottom level, even with the ball on the other side of the ground.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

We don't have to accept SHIT from them Dom.Gotta TRAIN BIG ENOUGH and FAST ENOUGH to RUN 'EM OVER?

BROADMEADOWS EXPRESS GHOST TRAIN for starters! :mrgreen: