New sub forums

Join the chat in this forum to discuss less serious topics.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

The alck of sub-forums makes things cluttered. Open Serious Stuff and everything is all over the place.
The forum revolves around Essendon first. The second thing is other AFL Teams. Everyone here is an Essendon supporter. SO havea n Essendon section then the secion for other AFL matter that don't effeect the Essendon Football Club.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

my suggestions!

leave it basically the same as it is at the moment, except -

* move "not so serious stuff" out of the Bombers discussion section, to down under General Chat, and re-name it something like "Fun Stuff" - after all, that's all that's posted in there! Jokes, pics, links to videos etc. It's definitely not "the less serious, off-field side of the Bombers" any more - that kind of thing can just be posted under "and the rest" in the Bombers discussion section

* re-order the Bombers Discussion section, so that it has:

Game Discussion
Serious Stuff
then
And The Rest - it seems weird to have "and the rest" as the first choice when it's really a "put the topic here if it doesn't fit in the others" type forum!!

I'd put a Trades and Drafts discussion forum under Bomber discussion for the next couple of months as well, to keep it all in the one spot.

* Also, I'd move "The Latest" section down the bottom of the forum after these first few weeks of changeover are finished. It is important for it to be at the top at the moment, but once we're all smoothly into the new forum, it will be annoying to have to scroll past it all the time.

Any urgent new messages can be made a sticky at the top of each forum like has been done with the thread about the $.

So the board would look like:

Bombers Discussion
Game Discussion
The Serious Stuff
Drafts and Trading (can be archived once finished)
And The Rest

Fantasy Sports
Fantasy Cricket

General Chat
General Discussion
Fun Stuff
Other Sports Discussion

The Latest#
Latest News and Information
Feedback and Ideas
Testing

# but with The Latest left up the top for a few more weeks while the changeover occurs
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I like it Koala, i really do. Top stuff :thumbsup

Although i think instead of having a whole forum for Draft and Trades, it should just be a subforum, bit easier IMO.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Gossy7 wrote:Bad luck Rosso :P

I will be a city boy as well next year :wink:
Will be?

So you obviously grew up in the bush?

I stand by my original comment.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

In the bush? Not quite :?
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I have never lived in the country though. :?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I think we need a forum or even a sub one where we can post stuff on footy that doesnt relate to the Bombers? Plus the sub one for Drafting and Trading is a good idea for the next couple of months.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I like it "Koala".

I woudl leave the trade section open though. During the season we can have some fun with potential off-season trades and discuss the next crop of young talent come through that year.