Funny, Foxy, Foreign, Footy Female

Join the chat in this forum to discuss less serious topics.
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Funny, Foxy, Foreign, Footy Female

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Just thought I'd relate an exchange I had at work today (humour me. It makes work seem somehow worth something). I work in retail and in the drudgery that that entails you look for aesthetic stimulation wherever you can find it (which is a highfalutin way of saying you pray for a hot chick). So I was rather brightened up when a gorgeous member of the fairer sex wandered up to me to ask for assistance. She was tiny but had blue eyes, a cute face and a killer smile. I was even more enamoured when she spoke - she had an Irish accent that sounded almost musical. To my delight she was incredibly friendly and it wasn't long before I was asking myself if I could be any more in love with this girl (I'm a hopeless romantic). So I asked her if she were here on holiday or work. She said work. I asked what she was doing (gosh I'm rude) to which she replied "I'm actually doing producing and footy reporting for Foxsports and afl.com". So the next thing I asked myself was "Is ten minutes of conversation an adequate prelude to a marriage proposal?". So we chatted about footy for a while and she told me a funny little story:

Turns out during trade week she was doing the rounds and found herself in a lift with her cameraman and Rodney Eade. The cameraman was a Bomber fan and voiced his hope that we could get something for Kepler Bradley. Rocket's contribution was "What do you reckon you'll get for him? A box of tennis balls?"
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

:lol: :lol:.

Good yarn. Brings back memories of the many a dull day i spent wearing the red and white pinstriped shirt, clip-on tie, visor and pocketless grey pants as a Maccas crewkid. Though i can't seem to recall serving too many footy loving, blue-eyed lovelies in my time there :lol:.

Rocket Eade - always the optimist. Turns out a box of tennis balls would've been a good deal.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Funny, Foxy, Foreign, Footy Female

Post by boncer34 »

AnarchicBomber wrote:Just thought I'd relate an exchange I had at work today (humour me. It makes work seem somehow worth something). I work in retail and in the drudgery that that entails you look for aesthetic stimulation wherever you can find it (which is a highfalutin way of saying you pray for a hot chick). So I was rather brightened up when a gorgeous member of the fairer sex wandered up to me to ask for assistance. She was tiny but had blue eyes, a cute face and a killer smile. I was even more enamoured when she spoke - she had an Irish accent that sounded almost musical. To my delight she was incredibly friendly and it wasn't long before I was asking myself if I could be any more in love with this girl (I'm a hopeless romantic). So I asked her if she were here on holiday or work. She said work. I asked what she was doing (gosh I'm rude) to which she replied "I'm actually doing producing and footy reporting for Foxsports and afl.com". So the next thing I asked myself was "Is ten minutes of conversation an adequate prelude to a marriage proposal?". So we chatted about footy for a while and she told me a funny little story:

Turns out during trade week she was doing the rounds and found herself in a lift with her cameraman and Rodney Eade. The cameraman was a Bomber fan and voiced his hope that we could get something for Kepler Bradley. Rocket's contribution was "What do you reckon you'll get for him? A box of tennis balls?"

Knights should've taken it. Prick.
That way Keps would've had a home and we would've come out looking like a better club.[/b]
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

So Kepler can scratch the doggies offa 'is short list then! :shock: :)
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

gee, tennis balls. we missed out!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Table tennis balls would have done me!
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Everyone has missed the point of this thread ... Anarchic did you get a number?

Also I know the feeling mate, my job is very similar at times, except we never get anyone.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Don't worry about the number Gatsid....did he propose to her or not :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

She has to come back to pick up something she ordered (fortunately it's not a bridal wear store) so she's promised me more footy gossip. She's left a phone number to call her when her order comes in but it would be highly unprofessional to use it . . . Ha!
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

hahaha, I got the perfect idea anarchic next time she comes in just pull the whole "the number you left was that for us to call you about your order or was that for me?" hahaha smooth real smooth :P
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

AnarchicBomber wrote:She has to come back to pick up something she ordered (fortunately it's not a bridal wear store) so she's promised me more footy gossip. She's left a phone number to call her when her order comes in but it would be highly unprofessional to use it . . . Ha!
Bro...you have to use that number. f*** being professional.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

AnarchicBomber wrote:She has to come back to pick up something she ordered (fortunately it's not a bridal wear store) so she's promised me more footy gossip. She's left a phone number to call her when her order comes in but it would be highly unprofessional to use it . . . Ha!
Where do you work?? When will you call her about her order??

I suggest that a wecloming party of Bombertalkers should be on hand as some sort of a jury to decide if this girl is really hot. We can have Keri and fly in Megs for the female angle. Benny, Gatsid......and Bonce for the "Dicko" vote.

Only then can you proceed in askin her out for a date. I suggest somewhere away from the footy might be best. Maybe a hurling match might be best to break the ice.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

84859300 wrote:

I suggest that a wecloming party of Bombertalkers should be on hand as some sort of a jury to decide if this girl is really hot. We can have Keri and fly in Megs for the female angle. Benny, Gatsid......and Bonce for the "Dicko" vote.

Only then can you proceed in askin her out for a date. I suggest somewhere away from the footy might be best. Maybe a hurling match might be best to break the ice.
I like the idea of being a judge of hottness, but I reckon the footy is a great date idea. You really get to see what a person is like when you see them at the footy.
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

84859300 wrote:

HaHa! Nah I think I'll go this one alone. As for where I work, here's a clue: I would have made you all proud when I pissed a certain collection of people today by saying "while you're waiting for him to get here I'd like to make you all feel at home by letting you know that we've colluded with our largest competitor to inflate the price" :D

Make your guesses and no-one who already knows is allowed to say!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

That's so unfair. I could have looked all knowledgable and stuff.

Sheesh. :)
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I'm unsure if I can really be a hottie-meter girl, because whilst I think the Irish accent is very sexy, I have a distrust of short girls.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

AnarchicBomber wrote:
84859300 wrote:

HaHa! Nah I think I'll go this one alone. As for where I work, here's a clue: I would have made you all proud when I pissed a certain collection of people today by saying "while you're waiting for him to get here I'd like to make you all feel at home by letting you know that we've colluded with our largest competitor to inflate the price" :D

Make your guesses and no-one who already knows is allowed to say!
Princes Park?
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Haven't changed jobs, have you, AB?
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Easy. The Shell servo on Whitehorse Road, Nunawading.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Doctor Fish wrote:Easy. The Shell servo on Whitehorse Road, Nunawading.
Is that open again, last I saw it it had all fences around it??